It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Africa: Bodies of 22 msyteriously deceased teenages found in pub/nightclub.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Oh, and this little-bitzy thing about South Africa at the moment.

We got Sage 6 load-shedding, which means actually the electricity comes and goes.

News may be inconsistent for now.

businesstech.co.za...
edit on 30-6-2022 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: peaceinoutz

Tear gas and pepper spray are not deadly just painful. With that number of people, there might be one or two with other medical conditions that might be expected to have a worse reaction but not all. As for the propellant, it would be no worse than spray paint.

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Oh just rub two sticks together.

What did Africa have before candles?

Electricity.

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Moms will be moms.

"No electricity for hours, can you drop me off at the pub, I'll walk home"?

"OK, but be careful, if you smell carbon monoxide you come straight home".
edit on 1-7-2022 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 01:10 AM
link   
What happened the other day at the pharmacy.

So mum in the line for the chronic medications, gonna take forever.

I go upstairs, where they have all the body-building stuff.

Creatine and whey-powder is so expensive, you can only gawk at it.

Going back down and just see blue-cop flashes, and mom asks did you see that?

No, what?

And she says the cops just brought somebody with weed packets and joints and they weighed it here at the pharmacy.
Three cops -two males, one female.
One small dude in manacles!
And they weighed it here, and they put a stamp on it.

But apparently everyone was very rude to the cops.
Even the pharmacy-lady with the scale.
Oh it takes three big cops for this little bit of weed?

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 01:41 AM
link   
So far, the mystery remains:

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Enyobeni youngsters laid to rest:

Cape Town - As the 21 young people who died at the Enyobeni Tavern in East London were laid to rest on Wednesday, the Eastern Cape health department said it would provide the families with information about what led to the deaths as soon as it was available.

www.iol.co.za...

Actually my hope that we'll ever know what lead to the deaths is dwindling by the week.
Although it could be something that could be repeated elsewhere (with any thinkable demographic), if we don't know.
edit on 10-7-2022 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Oh and the sudden platitudes about teens drinking at taverns during all this, when 90 000 pregnancies of girls aged 10-19 were recorded in about a year's period.
www.iol.co.za...

Let's have moral and cultural lectures and debates later, and just establish what actually caused these deaths!
I mean some of those "teens" may have been through tribal initiation schools and considered fully-fledged adults, from a non-Western perspective.
And no, "teens" by any standard don't just drop dead from drinking and dancing.

It's almost like, oh if we keep postponing any results we can move on to the next massive scandal, and it will just be forgotten.

Even the "social justice" mainstream press isn't pushing for results or forensic outcomes.
I can only deduce so far there is a massive cover-up of what actually happened.

Truly amazing how accommodating South Africans have been trained to become.

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 07:30 PM
link   
SA forensic expert, Dr. David Klatzow:

JOHANNESBURG - A top forensic expert fears that several potential factors may have compromised the scene of the Enyobeni Tavern as investigators try to piece together this puzzling tragedy. South Africans still don't know what officially caused the deaths of the 21 teens who collapsed and died in the East London venue nearly two weeks ago. Some have speculated the cause may have been exposed to carbon monoxide. But forensic expert, Doctor David Klatzow, said that if some of the claims were true, the scene may have been altered before police arrived.

ewn.co.za...

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

But I'm surmising (just a guess), here one might be dealing with a community that is still very much tied to traditional law, clan affiliations, and whatever happened, they might like to settle it internally.

And yip, some of those clan/tribal affiliations probably go into top politics.

Maybe in that area they don't want the mega-phone attention at all, but rather local forms of justice.

Fine with me, as long as there's nothing scientific we should all know to prevent such tragedies elsewhere.

Clearly what happened is very painful and regrettable, but they might view it as a mistake that cannot be remedied by "post-colonial" laws.

But, I'm just guessing.

posted on Jul, 10 2022 @ 10:49 PM
link   
it takes time to die of that stuff and i can not believe

everyone died at the same time.

no one walked in or left while it was happening?

did someone lock them in?

posted on Jul, 11 2022 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: sarahvital

There is some narrative that suggests they may have been locked-in, or trapped.

Almost all of the windows were broken, confirming the interviews with shocked survivors who managed to use the windows as an escape route.

www.news24.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2022 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: sarahvital

shame. i'm sorry for them and families.

in other news,

40 illegal migrants found dead in a truck in texas.

Mass Shootings in South Africa this weekend.

19 dead: www.foxnews.com...

Guns.

posted on Jul, 19 2022 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Preliminary results suggest Methanol poisoning as the cause of deaths in the Eastern Cape's Emboyeni tavern tragedy.

ewn.co.za...

There's no speculation yet on how the Methanol poisoning occurred, but alcohol poisoning with untainted legal booze or speculation about various gases (for example, from generators to tear gas) can pretty much be ruled out.

I'm also not going to speculate further on the poison's origins (although I already did on page 1), and whether it's accidental, or there are connections to wider tavern attacks in SA (albeit with firearms) that could be motivated by politics or perhaps criminal protection rackets, perhaps reminiscent of the dreadful political violence in the early 1990's.

For now it could be as simple as one reveler spiking or "sprucing" up the drinks without realizing the consequences.
edit on 19-7-2022 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Enyobeni tavern deaths: An interview with Dr. David Klatzow on CapeTalk radio:

Methanol - a widely used solvent found in anti-freeze and windscreen wiper solutions - was detected in the bodies of 21 teenagers who died at Enyobeni tavern last month. The Eastern Cape health department released preliminary toxicology results confirming the detection of the lethal solvent on Tuesday. According to officials, it was still unclear how the deceased came into contact with the substance. Lester Kiewit interviewed forensic scientist, Dr David Klatzow, to understand how fatal methanol is. He said there was a distinction between methanol as a kind of alcohol, and as an industrial solvent, adding that the former was safer for human consumption. However, when ingested in high quantities methanol could be deadly, he explained. If you are making a home brew in a shebeen or concocting some punch of some description and you add this to it, you produce a very rapidly acting toxic brew. Dr David Klatzow, forensic scientist. Listen to full audio above for more.

www.capetalk.co.za...
edit on 21-7-2022 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Enyobeni Tavern tragedy - legal alcohol poisoning ruled out, but SA's alcohol bans during Covid-lockdowns reviewed with concern for bolstering the uncontrolled black-market. Well, it's not like nobody saw it coming.

You start messing with the legally controlled booze supply, and you create a genie that's hard to put back in the proverbial bottle.

edit on 21-7-2022 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join