It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court Sides With Coach Over Prayers on 50-Yard Line another win for the constitution

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Annee

So you want a religious test for campaigns as well. Not surprising.

TheRedneck

Are you delusional?

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

You have consistently held the opinion that men should not be allowed to even express an opinion on abortion

No, I haven't. I've always said you can have an opinion, but not a say.

I became so fiercely anti-Roe over that.

Congratualtions? Now you have even less "say".

Now you want to "make" people vote for candidates who profess a particular religious view?

That's not what I want. That's what the religious right wants.

What's next? Got those ovens built yet?

LOL
Triggered AND projecting hyperbolic BS!

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

No, I haven't. I've always said you can have an opinion, but not a say.

So I can have an opinion as long as it doesn't count and I don't express it. Got it.

Thank you for agreeing with me.

Congratualtions? Now you have even less "say".

In that case, why are you complaining?

Probably because people, individual people, have much more "say" at the state level than at the Federal level.

That's not what I want. That's what the religious right wants.

Just trying to beat them to it, eh?

Triggered AND projecting hyperbolic BS!

Well, that's proof you don't know what "projecting" means...

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Are you delusional?

Not a bit. You want atheists in government. You complain that people are not voting for them. That sounds like you want them elected by any means necessary, and the only way to do that is to stop religious people from running.

That would require a religious test.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 07:10 PM
link   

So I can have an opinion as long as it doesn't count and I don't express it.

Why do you always put words in people's mouths that they didn't say, and then pretend to be so personally offended?

I never said you shouldn't express your opinion. You can have an opinion and you can express it. But, your opinion only matters to people who care about your "say", like maybe your wife, kids and their spouses in a stressful time when decisions need to be made. But your social media rants aren't going to make a difference to anyone else.

Now your opinion matters even less, because your state law takes it away completely. Your empathy for a pregnant 10-year-old girl doesn't matter, because your state doesn't care about her. Soon, even your state's opinion won't matter, when the abortion issue goes to congress and we see either a national ban, a codification of Roe or something else.

edit on 3-7-2022 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2022 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Are you delusional?

Not a bit. You want atheists in government. You complain that people are not voting for them. That sounds like you want them elected by any means necessary, and the only way to do that is to stop religious people from running.

That would require a religious test.

TheRedneck

Your head, your thinking, your words.

Not mine.

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Why do you always put words in people's mouths that they didn't say, and then pretend to be so personally offended?

I'm putting nothing in your mouth... these are your words, repeated back to you. And I'm not pretending.... you do offend me, as you seem to think that somehow you are privileged enough to tell me what I should believe and have the law enforce it on me.

That offends me.

You have said over and over and over, and you still say, that my opinion on Roe v. Wade doesn't matter. That offends me greatly, because if today my opinion doesn't matter because I am male, tomorrow what opinions of mine won't matter because I am white? Because I am Christian? Because I am Southern? I'll tell you which one you want next: my right to pray to God! That's what you're arguing for here... keep those darn Christians away from the children... heck, you probably would jump for joy if Christian children were taken from their parents.

I'll tell you something else you want from me... my right to vote my own conscience. You've already said as much, complaining that people aren't voting for atheists. How you gonna fix that? There's only one way...

Now your opinion matters even less, because your state law takes it away completely.

I don't know about where you live, but here people vote for their state officers too. Where you get the notion that I don't have any control over state legislators here is beyond me.

So go ahead, stamp your feet, scream at the sky, call me names... two year olds do that too, you know, and no one takes them seriously. Hold your breath, even! That works just as well. The law is what the law is, you've been trapped by your own "Law if the Land" arguments, and people are able to pray wherever they want, whenever they want, to whoever they want, how they want, and you can't do one damn thing about it!

Soon, even your state's opinion won't matter, when the abortion issue goes to congress and we see either a national ban, a codification of Roe or something else.

Oh, is the poor widdle Sookie still upset about breaking her Roe thingy?

Too damn bad. It's dead and it's never coming back. Wrong thread anyway... this one is about freedom of religion.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Your head, your thinking, your words.

My head, your words, taken to their only logical conclusion.

How else can you possibly ensure that "enough" atheists get elected?

Not falling for the dumb act again. You know exactly what you are saying. I'm just restating it without all the intentional mental shenanigans so others can see what you want, too.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 09:54 AM
link   

So go ahead, stamp your feet, scream at the sky, call me names... two year olds do that too, you know, and no one takes them seriously. Hold your breath, even!

HAHA

I'm not the one throwing a tantrum here. You are!

That's what you do every time facts get in the way of your argument.

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 10:00 AM
link   

No tantrum here. I'm perfectly comfortable.

Just not gonna let you pull off your agendas unopposed anymore. I'm going to call you out at every opportunity. Including this one.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 11:53 AM
link   

HAHAHAHAHA

This is a discussion thread. There's no agenda, just opinions and links to why I have those opinions. You asked for facts, I posted some facts.

You seem to really care about my opinions, while I am ambivalent of yours. Ergo: your tantrums.

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join