It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Grandparents have RIGHTS to Grandchildren?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2022 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Any act should be interpretable by a Court so as to be flexible enough that it ensures what is best for the child is something the Court can rule upon.

Sadly if not an Act or Law there must at least be a legal precedent to ensure that there is some form of legal framework in place.

If the grandparents can be shown to be of good character and it is just a parent that fell out with them that won't let them see there grandchild you could argue that parent is being highly unfair to both the child and the child's grandparent's but a judge must also always factor in practicality's.

My take on what little I have seen of US law from an English perspective is that it need's work, there is a hell of a lot of corruption, false convictions, corrupt prosecutors and Judges that just don't seem to have the patience and of course in criminal matters there is also an unholy and extremely corrupt link between private prisons and judges that like to feed them there inmates often playing golf at the same club with the people that own those prison's but of course that is drift away from this.

So while I think the US does already have this family courts that are first and foremost mediators that seek to solve problems rather than create new ones and put the wellbeing of the child first BUT don't forget the wellbeing of the other people involved in what is an extremely emotional and complex societal and family matter are essential.

Giving these courts a rigid enough BUT also flexible enough framework is therefore essential.

If there is already a framework in place then perhaps it does not But if there are loopholes then perhaps a legal framework update to plug those loopholes is necessary in order to ensure that the best interests of the child ARE always put first.

But it is definitely more a matter for those of you that live stateside to resolve, our own courts are often every bit as bad and at times have been worse.

edit on 27-6-2022 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2022 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I have 6 grandchildren and my only "right" is to treat them like gold and hope their parents decide spending time with me is worthwhile. As for the situation where the parents have cancelled themselves out by misbehavior then grandparents stand next in line to be responsible for the kids.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join