It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solved? Raining Fish in Texarkana

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2022 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Some of you may remember back in december of 2021, the infamous town of Texarkana experienced a rainshower unlike any other- raining fish.

Not quite Slayer's flavor of raining blood (or is it reign in blood?), the town of Texarkana of "Town that Feared Sundown" fame experienced a rain storm depositing tons of fish over the town as a storm passed through on Thursday afternoon. This conjures up images of a biblical rain of frogs or other strange happenings.

Most of the /accepted/ theories included talking about a "Waterspout," essentially a meteorological explanation of events, where it moves over a body of water and basically "sucks" the fish and other things up into the jetstream, eventually depositing it elsewhere.

Now, a self described “Spooky Geologist and Strange Claims Adjuster,” is opposing this theory; instead positing that the fishy forecast was the result of a flock of Cormorants regurgitating their meals en masse whilst in flight, largely due to several different states of digestion noted within the scaley population.

Either way, I'm sure it doesn't change the smell.

“We were also well aware of the habit of these fish-eating birds to release their stomach contents either to quickly fly away or to feed their young. This was a known and common behavior that had been observed by bird researchers,” Hill wrote. “But they had never seen it happen during active flight (we asked them). Therefore, this remains a weakness of the hypothesis.”

News Nation Now

posted on Jun, 25 2022 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Iconic

Thank you Sir for this knowledge, The image of which I’m sure will haunt me the rest of my days.

posted on Jun, 25 2022 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Charles Fort noted many years ago that species involved in such falls were singular, not a random mix as you might expect with a non-selective waterspout. The barfing cormorant theory makes me chuckle...as the narrator stated early on in the movie "Magnolia": It cannot be that.

posted on Jun, 25 2022 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Topcraft
Haha!

a reply to: Lazarus Short

It'd be interesting to see what types of aquatic fallout were involved- and what percentage would coincide with the diets of the cormorant- or if there's a wider variety that would lend creedance to an unselective waterspout. Good thoughts.

posted on Jun, 26 2022 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Lazarus Short

Exactly. Charles Fort would also point out why only that fish in particular. Why not anything else swimming with those fish including any plant matter or anything one might pick up if you were to net the sea.

If birds were are the bird droppings?

new topics

top topics

join