It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Las Vegas Uber driver recovering from brutal attack after being assaulted by her passengers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2022 @ 03:33 PM
link   
www.fox5vegas.com...

This so totally disgusts me. What the hell are people doing beating up an Uber driver for no reason? It's like when I got robbed, who the hell is so desperate they rob the pizza guy for a hundred bucks? The video shows it all and I sincerely hope they find these girls and throw more than one book at them. This is the work of psychopaths who need to not be a part of society.

LAS VEGAS, Nev. (FOX5) - Often, Uber driver Victoria Partridge’s rides end with a 5-star review but her most recent ride ended with stolen tips, a damaged car and a black eye. She shared her story that was all caught-on camera.

“It was horrible,” said Partridge. “I never in my life felt so terrified.” It all started when Partridge said a group of girls ordered an Uber XL for pick up from Fremont and 4th street Sunday morning.

An Uber XL holds 6 passengers but Partridge counted 7 after the girls already got into her car. Advertisement

“I turned around and I said girls, I am sorry, I cannot give a 7 people ride and they said why, and I said because it is against the law,” said Partridge. The girls proceeded to stay in the car.

“The doors are automatic, so they shut the door and then I opened the door,” said Partridge. “They again shut the door, I again open the door, they again shut the door, so it was back and forth for like 3 times.”

After Partridge realized they weren’t going to get out of the car, she decided to go through with the ride.

Now, I would have got out of the car when realizing there were seven but you can't fault the driver for that. She had no reason to feel her life was in danger and skirting a rule here and there usually works out ok. She's lucky she's not beaten up more or worse, dead.

There's no politics here, just evil women who beat up a driver for no reason.

posted on Jun, 25 2022 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Their identities are probably already known. First degree assault charges, along with robbery. I hope these pieces of sh!t get
some serious jail time.

posted on Jun, 25 2022 @ 03:59 PM
link   
They already know who ordered the Uber, after that it’s probably just a matter of looking on her social media accounts to identify the rest… bunch of criminal master minds.

posted on Jun, 25 2022 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

being NV is a open carry state with no license or registration, if i was a uber driver i'd be packin.
i might go down but it wouldn't have been without a good fight.

posted on Jun, 25 2022 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Took an Uber just yesterday. I can't imagine assaulting the driver.

I've seen footage of such attacks in the past. Brutal.

Expect nothing less in LV.

posted on Jun, 25 2022 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: VierEyes

I resent that. We are a mostly peaceful city, compared to almost everywhere else. "Expect nothing less in LV", that's bull. I don't take kindly to strangers bashing my city.

posted on Jun, 25 2022 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

Not sure if that's legal, for an Uber driver to carry. I truly don't know gun laws here as I don't have one.

posted on Jun, 25 2022 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher

I resent that. We are a mostly peaceful city, compared to almost everywhere else. "Expect nothing less in LV", that's bull. I don't take kindly to strangers bashing my city.

Ah, so you were just like these attackers then, believing you OWN the city. Same attitude as these maniacs...

posted on Jun, 25 2022 @ 05:16 PM
link   

thankfully no one was packing in this incident, you seem to be suggesting deaths would have occured if you were there, possibly even your own, is what you describe neccesary?

I have zero sympathy for the thugs in this case but is there really a need for shots to be fired, does not seem like responsible gun ownership, sounds more like itchy trigger finger

posted on Jun, 25 2022 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: VierEyes

I uber more than most and also live here in LV...I have never heard of this happening to any driver I have had so it doesn't seem very common. Also 99% of drivers I have ridden with have cameras both facing outside and inside so it would seem pretty dumb to commit a crime you will for sure get caught for. They were probably drunk tourists and very dumb...I bet they will regret all of this before its all over.

posted on Jun, 25 2022 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

Legal yes...but against ubers policy for sure. I would rather be fired than dead though so I wouldn't be surprised if some drivers do carry...you'd likely never know it if one was unless they had a reason to show it.

posted on Jun, 25 2022 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher

I've been there. It is a den of vice. A filthy place.

posted on Jun, 25 2022 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpThenDown

thankfully no one was packing in this incident, you seem to be suggesting deaths would have occured if you were there, possibly even your own, is what you describe neccesary?

I have zero sympathy for the thugs in this case but is there really a need for shots to be fired, does not seem like responsible gun ownership, sounds more like itchy trigger finger

So just curl up and hope they dont kill you is your suggestion?

Sorry some people dont like being victims.

posted on Jun, 25 2022 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

So just curl up and hope they dont kill you is your suggestion?

Sorry some people dont like being victims.

If she had of been packing a gun and used it, or even just threatened them with it, then she not only would’ve have lost her job but also not of been compensated $5000 and the repairs on her car by Uber.

Plus, the potential life long memory of killing another human.

posted on Jun, 25 2022 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

*shrugs* how safe will she feel going around picking people up again after this knowing she might be attacked again.

There are consequences to every choice we make sometimes we choose well sometimes we don't, unfortunately we will never know if she quits doing it because of fear since that doesn't make a good story in what passes for journalism today.

I carry and my most common prayer is that I am never in a position to need it.

posted on Jun, 25 2022 @ 06:06 PM
link   

It appears you have no sympathy for the victim either.

You also seem to be unaware that people are murdered every day with something other than a gun, whether it be fists, knives, hammers, baseball bats, or a vase.

She would have been fully within her Rights to put every single one of them down, hard.

posted on Jun, 25 2022 @ 06:34 PM
link   
And that’s just right messed up. Your logic that is.

You value all lives the same as tho actions have no consequences or weight.

Her life is valuable. The 7 people in the back of the car lives are worthless. It’s super easy and yet evades you.

I’ll spell it out for you. The 7 people in the back of the car don’t care about the driver or anyone else on the road, ergo worthless.

Life long memory of harming another human being laughable. Have you ever been attacked and beat some one to pulp in retaliation? If feels great trust me amazing even you don’t dwell on it wishing you hit them less. Unless you have some form of Stockholm disorder and identify with your attackers.

edit on 25-6-2022 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2022 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

Well no, I can honestly say I have never beaten anyone to a pulp. So I’ll just have to take your word for how satisfying it is.

Regardless though, she got a black eye and her car damaged, well just doing her job, which was obviously a disgraceful act.

I’m just skeptical that mowing down 7 people in the street with a gun would’ve been an appropriate response… or even in her best interest.

But that’s just me.

posted on Jun, 25 2022 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Quite often as soon as people that would attack in a group (typically cowards/bullies) see a firearm its every man for themselves as they try to get clear since the balance of power has now changed.

Not always there are always exceptions, assuming these are not career hardened criminals to suddenly be looking down the barrel of a gun, they will be thinking of apologizing or running not beating up the driver.

posted on Jun, 25 2022 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: UpThenDown

when someone violently attacks beats and robs you you have every right to defend yourself by any means. if it's legal for you to own and carry a firearm pop a cap in their ass, they put themselves in that position not you.

No Matter the outcome, i'd rather go down fighting with what ever is available than to roll over like a punk. especially when out numbered 3 to 1. plus you never know what they might have in their pocket and hadn't pulled it out yet.

edit on 25-6-2022 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join