It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Google EVER make a product that isn't broken and has long term support?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Since Google Books/News Archives they have done nothing but half assed promises and never using full potential. They had a lot of good ideas when they still cared about the PC side of things then slowly went off the deep end putting their hands into too many cookie jars they should've never touched. They don't have any real management nor oversight and is how you should NOT run a company!

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: SortingHat

I've avoided using their services for years precisely because of what you mention. Google drops services when they want to, and reorganizing whatever kind of information after they do that is a pain.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 03:01 AM
link   

I don't have one but there Pixel 6 Pro is apparently not that bad a smartphone.

Prefer my Xiaomi 11T Pro all the same.

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 03:25 AM
link   

They are too big. Nothing they do reflects the democracies they are offering their services to. They behave more like dictators than Putin. They seem to treat their customers with contempt and utter disregard, not even letting them communicate effectively with the company when needed.

Google has never took a physical penny from me. I give them nothing. They only get the data they steal from me when I use their services. They use me like a DATA SLAVE. It is slavery. They are making money from my actions and not paying me.

THAT IS SLAVERY!

Data should belong to the person who's behaviour it is capturing and then they can decide if they want to sell it or not. That will happen because it has to happen. We can't all keep carrying on being data slaves like this. We have no choice in the matter. We can't even use the internet without allowing them to steal our data.

Personally I use my PC for all the heavy duties like media creation that needs a lot of RAM. I have recently started using Apple. I bought an iPhone 13 and and a Macbook Pro M1. They are very handy for usual digital duties. Why would anyone want to buy anything by Google that keeps chopping and changing and seems to have no evolution of their products? Apple and PCs are evolving generally. Nothing can evolve if you treat it like a cheap Chinerse new toy with no relevance tomorrow.

I would have to pay a huge sum to get an Apple Macbook that can do what my PC can. I mean how much would you have to pay for an Apple with 24 GB RAM and 3TB worth of disks? That is well out of my finances. PCs are great because you get power on a budget.

Now I have tried Apple I will probably stick with the iPhone, but the Macbook is too much money for too little power. I will get a nice Alienware PC next and let the Macbook go slowly to the graveyard as they are not budget friendly and keep bringing out to many models and updates. Apple care about one thing only, just like Google; money, money, money. They keep outdating their own products and that makes the consumer feel well cheated constantly.

These companies need to be regulated by democratic governments to stop them exploiting and abusing us like slaves. They will be. If I was Mr President I would put huge people protecting legislation upon them and make them our slaves.

They really do disgust me. I can't stand companies exploiting people. I wish our governments would protect us better, but most people seem content to be data slaves and fodder for business. It is the sick side of human nature. They are lazy and do not stand up for themselves. They even let governments that abuse them send them off to be killed for the country that exploits them and treats them badly in wars that are about the economy and protecting big business more than anything else.

edit on 24-6-2022 by Tarantula777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tarantula777

Google has never took a physical penny from me. I give them nothing. They only get the data they steal from me when I use their services. They use me like a DATA SLAVE. It is slavery. They are making money from my actions and not paying me.

THAT IS SLAVERY!

no, that is utter stupidity of the "entitlement generation". you're all a bunch of whiny kids that not only think they know better how Google should run their services (look at their income, then look at yours, then if you think you know better, start your own corpo), you also think that you deserve to use their services for free.

which is not the case. you deserve nothing. those are commercial services, and when the payment isn't in money, then it's in data, and when using those services, you enter an agreement.

noone forces you to use them. using those services is NOT your right. it's a privilege, and for those you gotta pay.

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Do NOT buy a TV with Google software integrated into the machine.....90 days after warranty TV will break down....can't be repaired....

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Have to say, I have LG TVs with Google's Android OS integrating and they have never failed me yet, about 6 of them in my gaff ranging from 10 years to 6 month old and they are all working just fine.

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: jedi_hamster

Firstly, I am not a "kid". I am a mature adult who has been digitally active since 1995 with Windows 95.

I use Google because all the other search engines are useless and do not have the area covered like Google have achieved. Their search engine is the one thing they are good at.

When you go to a library and want the complete works of a poet you don't make do with the selected works that some editor has made on your behalf according to their own perception of what a selection should be.

You seem to forget that we pay huge bills for our devices, for our connection and for the data we use. It cost me thousands $£$£$£ each year to participate. Does that make me "entitled"?

So, do you propose we let Google start charging us every time we use their search engine if we want to stop being their slaves, on top of everything else? Are you really that much a hater of your own rights and budget that to get back at the privileged kids you would let these corporations have even more money and power?

With the TV we paid for the programmes with watching a few adverts. They did not copy and steal our behaviour and make BILLIONS out of it. Now we still have to watch even more intrusive adverts AND be DATA SLAVES too, every time we as much as make a digital click online.

Do you see what I mean about people being their own worst enemies? Here we have a classic example with the post I am replying to. It attacks me, but not Google. I am just a person with not that much money who wants people to have better lives, not to be exploited and enslaved by big business and governments.

What do Google and Apple want us to be? What are they manipulating us to be? Think about that.

edit on 24-6-2022 by Tarantula777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Google's AI that takes over the world will probably last a long time, and only go insane once.

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I had a 65 inch LG.....never again.
2 months after warranty it stopped working......a product of China....

I will stick to Samsung... more reliable with great customer service.

originally posted by: andy06shake

Have to say, I have LG TVs with Google's Android OS integrating and they have never failed me yet, about 6 of them in my gaff ranging from 10 years to 6 month old and they are all working just fine.

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Its really just your preference DeathSlayer.

Samsung make great TVs also but i think LG have the edge vision and sound wise.

What's the problem with LG being a product from China?

You realise LG TVs are manufactured in various locations all over the world, same with Samsung TVs that are produced in the likes of Thailand, Vietnam, China, Europe, South America, and even the USA.

Stick to what you know best all the same, but like i suggest ive never had an issue with an LG TV and still have one in the weans room a 48" 1080p Smart TV that's over 10 years old and still going strong.

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I don't have one but there Pixel 6 Pro is apparently not that bad a smartphone.

Prefer my Xiaomi 11T Pro all the same.

The pixel 2 was the worst phone I've ever touched, and work had me on an iphone 3 before it.

I went through the RMA prices three times.
It couldn't connect to Bluetooth devices, it couldn't make phone calls, it couldn't give a gps location.

The only thing it did well was take cell phone pictures. That camera was incredible, and if they put that into a slab of battery with wifi I'd use it to take a lot of pictures.

I've had tracfones work better than their pixel, and I'll never again buy a new phone because of them. I'm sticking with used phones at around 1/5 the price.

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

That may be the case lordcomac but its the pixel 6 im refereeing to which is apparently an ok medium range smartphone.

I don't think ive ever had to RMA a smartphone of any sorts if im honest, guess i just must have been lucky in that dept.

As to cameras my Xiaomi 11T Pro has a 108 megapixel camera that captures spectacular images, not to enamored with its zoom capability all the same.

Never owned a Apple product to be honest.
edit on 24-6-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Google had pretty much made the internet as it is today, so there's that.

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Eesh. Chinese tech is notoriously backdoored.

a reply to: andy06shake

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Firstly, I am not a "kid". I am a mature adult who has been digitally active since 1995 with Windows 95.

and i've started programming before that. so what?

doesn't matter how old you are if you act like a whiny entitled brat.

You seem to forget that we pay huge bills for our devices, for our connection and for the data we use. It cost me thousands $£$£$£ each year to participate. Does that make me "entitled"?

and where does that money go? in case of devices, you pay for the hardware. in case of internet access, you pay for the bandwidth.

NONE of this covers the services.

even if you would pay google for some of their services, they usually do collect some data anyway so that said services work better for you. another thing is, there are privacy controls within google account settings, which don't cover everything but they do cover a lot. wether you believe those are respected or not, that's your problem.

and just so your paranoid mind knows, google's main business are ads. it's what made them rich in the first place. they only reason google cares about your browsing habits and so on, is to show you ads that are better targeted. you can opt out of that, you can also block it, and finally, in some cases you can buy your way out of being served ads, like with youtube premium.

overall, you're either extremely dishonest or extremely stupid. "Google has never took a physical penny from me. I give them nothing." - those are your words. yet you think that you're entitled to using google's services just because you're paying some 3rd party bills?

you don't pay google a cent, they don't owe you anything. simple as that.

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I'm not a fan of google, but they aren't by any means the only big tech company using and abusing people the world over.

I have used their email service since before it was public. It's works well enough that other email services have modeled themselves after gmail. I have had 2 Pixel phones, and I will likely have a third. Why? Simple... I have to carry a cell phone until I retire, so I may as well carry the one I think sucks the least of all the phones I've owned.

Google has several services that do their job well. You can also communicate with them on their forums. They're as good or better than any other big tech corporation that sees humans as consumers and debt-slaves and markets the data you create for them to the highest bidder.

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: hombero

I don't think that's just a Chinese issue hombero, not even by a long shot.

Governments wish backdoors to be in place where encrypted communications are concerned, worldwide that is, if in doubt well what did the likes of Edward Snowden and Julian Assange show us?

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 11:51 AM
link   

My biggest complaint is like everyone: Product appear.....and then vanish. Like snapseed for Windows. I use it on the phone and tablet every day. Used to us it on the laptop and then like a google fart in the wind, it vanishes.

I'm suspecting that sentient AI they have is screwing with me.

To be honest, I do use their photo and drive services - to the point I'm paying for 5 tb of space for backups. Now if android would work longer than 3 months before the phone goes wonky which is a long list starting with losing automatic photo uploads.

With android and different phones, many times the hole isn't exactly round they're trying to shove the square android peg into.
edit on 24-6-2022 by billxam because: added line to make it even more impressive.

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Yeah

I actually liked Google Plus. Met some interesting people on there.

That went away in a hurry

top topics

<<   2 >>

join