It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thailand decrimilizes Cannabis.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I don't live in Thailand, just a news discussion, and I stand under correction, if necessary.

Yip, the beautifully seductive country once desired, but also dreaded by hippies for its draconian judicial treatment of even "soft-drugs", like Cannabis, seems to have had a change of heart.

People in Thailand can now grow cannabis plants at home and sell the crop after the nation removed marijuana from its banned narcotics list. The nation is the first to advance such a move in South-East Asia, a region known for its stringent drug laws. Advocates say the easing effectively decriminalises marijuana, but personal use for non-medical reasons is still heavily discouraged by the government. Officials have also warned people against smoking in public.

www.bbc.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Well, it's the BBC:

Aljazeera:

edit on 23-6-2022 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I think be mindful and respectful, and people don't want smoke in public places.

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

Fantastic news ! I was just googling how to get mary J Overseas so i can smoke in thialand and BAM !! TY UNIVERSE TY !!! Pattaya just got x10 better !!!!!!

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Always cause for celebration when fewer restrictions on people's personal enjoyment are enforced!

Give thanks and praises

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 10:09 PM
link   
It is a Buddhist country, and they take their temples very seriously.
Don't be a jackass and show your butt, or even dress immodestly around their temples.
I've even heard of tourists thrown out for having Buddha tattoos on their "lower bodies" (legs or ankles).
The feet are generally considered dirty, so avoid pointing your soles or stepping over people.

edit on 23-6-2022 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Yip, the beautifully seductive country once desired, but also dreaded by hippies for its draconian judicial treatment of even "soft-drugs", like Cannabis, seems to have had a change of heart.

Thailand had hookers but no drugs??

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Like all countries Thailand always had tourist spots, of course mixed with an incredibly beautiful scenery and climate.

Always Western tourists who wanted hookers and mainly alcohol.
Yeah, also rave places for a long time, but very isolated actually.
That is, most of Thailand never benefited from one or two "hippie" or "rave" party points.
And while there's a lot of other stuff at "full moon parties" a large section of that crowd will also be happy with Cannabis and beer, on most days.

Depends, maybe also a more chilled tourist rather than a raging 50-something-year old alcoholic?

Marijuana is more withdrawn, into food and spirituality.

Potentially a more sophisticated tourist.

edit on 24-6-2022 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Thailand can now grow cannabis plants at home and sell the crop

Are you kidding me... so now even Thailand has better weed laws than Australia.

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 12:53 AM
link   
This is only a knee jerk response ( I did not even read the article) so take it for what it is worth. I have never been to any place in Thailand where pot was being smoked; not on a beach, club, restaurant, or hotel. Yes they are allowing some people to grow the plant but you have to have a government permit to do so. I am surrounded by hundreds of farms and none are growing the plant that I have seen so if there was money in the endeavor I would assume there would be some farmers around here growing the stuff.

This is actually old news as a few years ago there was an announcement that certain permit holders would be able to grow the plant but that was the last I heard anything about it; where it was to be sold and to whom was not announced..

One thing about Asia is you do not want to go to jail as they are not as nice as some first world countries.

Bangkok Hilton one of the nicer lock ups. youtu.be... yet has a reputation of many go in and never come out...

OK after a little research a person can grow 6 plants (thus no farms) but each plant must contain no more than 22% THC (if they want to burn you all they say is your plant has 22.5% THC) as far as recreational use I would not want to be the fist to see just how lax they have become...IE see first video and Thai jails..youtu.be...

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 01:03 AM
link   
So medically what did marijuana do for me?

Well, I suddenly got this infection where I couldn't swallow, I couldn't speak.

Turns out I had an anti-biotic resistant bacteria in my throat, and my CD4 count was under 250.
I had full-blown AIDS.

Everything I ate came swimming out my mouth.

Just some ganja, and now I can eat.
I can take my medication.
And so, Praise Jah, now I'm bodybuilding.

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 02:03 AM
link   

You guys are really selling me on a thailand vacation.
No joke.

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

And the freest place on earth the usa......

I would give my left nut to be able to grow pot at my home and legally sell it!!!

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 02:08 AM
link   

I have an eating disorder that is only helped by marijuana.

Symptoms are chronic stomach pain, loss of apatite, and chronic inflammation of the stomach lining.
there isn't even a medication for me. 3 years of test and doctors to tell me that.

And as always I need to say thank you to all the united states tax payers. Without the aca I would have not had those test. And the colon cancer that was found in time to remove would not have been found till it was to late.
edit on 24-6-2022 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Not a miracle cure, but it sure helped the ARV's go down.

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Was just reading how many tourists are incarcerated for years because they get caught with it... big issue apparently. It's another one of those "lost in Thailand" causes.

Good news.

See yinz later! Gotta plane, Boat and motorbike to catch!

Edit: I want to run a Tuk Tuk business for chill tourists.

edit on 24-6-2022 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

I Just popped back on line after one of our infamous South African electricity black-outs, but I'm sure they actually mentioned in the above clips that Thailand is going to free 4 000 "cannabis prisoners".

Now that makes my heart sing.

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Relieved to know the war against marijuana patients is slowly reversing. I have used it for years to help with PTSD.

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Although core Thai values seem to have changed little when one considers that vaping (or rather vape products) are banned.

Supposedly this was because too many young people were being turned on to tobacco.

So you might have your vape gear confiscated at the airport, although apparently the cops don't bother much about vaping in adult spaces.

www.anomadoverseas.com...#:~:text=Vaping%20is%20Illegal%20in%20Thailand%20Technically%2C%20vaping%20has,areas%20that %20are%20less%20heavily%20guarded%20by%20police.

posted on Jun, 26 2022 @ 09:09 AM
link   
On the same topic but about Russia:

Vasily Piskarev: foreign NGOs tried to arrange actions in Russia in support of the decriminalization of drug use
The head of the State Duma Commission to investigate the facts of interference of foreign states in the internal affairs of Russia said that the materials of foreign agents and foreign NGOs are used to discredit Russian approaches to drug control

24.06.2022, 17:13

“European NGOs funded by undesirable organizations are trying to organize illegal actions in Russia and the CSTO countries for the decriminalization of drug use, timed to coincide with the Anti-Drug Day on June 26th. At the same time, during the rallies, the organizers plan to speak in support of Ukraine in the fight against Russia,” said Vasily Piskarev, head of the Commission, on Friday.

“The commission recorded, in particular, attempts by the Lithuanian NGO Eurasian Harm Reduction Association, funded by undesirable organizations, to organize actions in Russia for the decriminalization of drug use,” the deputy said.

So-called shadow reports on the drug situation are used, sent to international organizations and their subdivisions, for example, to the UN Office on Drugs and Crime. “Analysis of these materials shows that foreign agents distort the real drug situation in our country: on the basis of individual cases, they draw incorrect conclusions and assessments, and criticize Russian anti-drug legislation in a biased form,” said Vasily Piskarev. As an example, he cited the aforementioned Lithuanian NGO Eurasian Harm Reduction Association.

“In cooperation with Russian NGO-foreign agents, this NGO arranges provocative actions in order to discredit the reports of Russian delegations on drug issues at international platforms, presenting tendentious counterarguments,” the parliamentarian said. According to the data available to the State Duma Commission, the organization is funded by European NGOs controlled by Soros (the Robert Carr and Elton John foundations, the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, as well as the undesirable organization Open Society Foundations), he specified.

“The data presented today once again confirm the correctness and timeliness of the appeal sent earlier by the Commission of the State Duma to the Prosecutor General’s Office on the need to recognize a number of organizations as undesirable in Russia, as well as the bill submitted by members of the Commission to the State Duma on control over the activities of persons under foreign influence, which will be considered by the State Duma next week,” Vasily Piskarev emphasized.

duma.gov.ru...

Thus, there is pressure on various states in favor of the decriminalization of drugs.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join