It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What MS Software would you like to see from the 90s revived for GamePass?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 05:34 PM
link   
www.youtube.com... Microsoft CD Sampler 98:

What would you like to see brought to GamePass? I'm surprised MS didn't make a Retro Section for their old stuff as many had good things to them such as Creative Writer/Fine Artist which I'd love Text. Both games are compatible with each other in terms of import/export but you cannot send to your friends your works sadly which IMHO killed the entire idea.www.youtube.com... Creative Writer and Artist:

MS had a lineup of various stuff once where they had different categories such as 'Microsoft Home,Work,Entertainment,etc' most only work on either a virtual machine like VMware/Workstation or better yet PCEM as PCEM you can emulate anywhere from a Socket 7 Pentium 200 all the way up to Socket 8 Gigabyte Pentium 2 family of chips if you have an I7 computer.

I can handle up to the earliest PII Celerons before my CPU is taxed which the Socket 8 stuff is mostly experimental anyways not meant for actual average use on PCEM. Most people use Socket MMX series which does most things just fine with Voodoo 3 support now included once you install drivers. Yay! šŸ˜
edit on 23-6-2022 by SortingHat because: Microsoft CD Sampler

edit on 23-6-2022 by SortingHat because: Microsoft Creative Writer and Fine Artist:

edit on 23-6-2022 by SortingHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Gorilla.
What else ?

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

What's that? I am guessing you never heard of the titles on the links I provided as examples.

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: SortingHat

What's that? I am guessing you never heard of the titles on the links I provided as examples.

gorilla.bas .

Better yet.
Ask me what games I haven't played .
From 1980 on .
That is less than asking if I know about the ones you linked to .
edit on 6/24/22 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2022 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I was referring to these. www.youtube.com... I would love to see many of these things revived in some modern workable form. You can actually run these on VM or better yet PCEM with a Pentium MMX bios selected. You need to have a powerful host to run greater.
edit on 25-6-2022 by SortingHat because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-6-2022 by SortingHat because: Powerful host

posted on Aug, 4 2022 @ 05:19 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

top topics

join