It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why doesn't Xenia (Xbox 360) emu have general support outside of certain games?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Xenia was hyped for major improvements but that's only if your into certain titles once you read between the hype train wagons. Once you read between the hype wagons you'll find the emulator still doesn't play nice with many titles even with a powerful PC like mine you get audio not working or missing graphics,etc on many NON FPS titles. It seems the focus is more for FPS games instead of a general approach unlike Dolphin/PSX 1 and 2 emulators. I think even PSX3 has a lot of general support now with 4 starting to get going.

Hell PS5 now can run some demo scenes and there is demand to get commercial titles going which would be ironic if that gets ahead of PS4 emulation. 🤣💩

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Because Xenia is a research project (just for fun) . If it was fully functional , they would have legal problems with Microsoft.

Just like Bleem! and Sony back in the day .

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

How come they advertise it otherwise? Every time even a minor graphical improvement for some weird game it gets hyped to holy hell! I tried Battle For Middle Earth 2 to compare it to the PC version I have and I can't get audio to work for more then 2 mins. The song starts to play on the menu then cuts off instead of looping and all sound ends. Yet gameplay works ironically.

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Also PSX emulator series have come a long long ways even PS4 has some commercial titles now booting and PS3 has a lot that you can play start to finish unless they are lying as I've not bothered to try it.

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: SortingHat

They are not lying, RPCS3 can boot and play about 75% of the PS3 titles.

Problem with PS3 emulation was the Cell microprocessor and the micro architecture it employed being rather different from the X86 processors.

PS4/5 may be a lot easier to emulate given the similar architecture to the PC which is pretty much what the consoles amount to these days.

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: SortingHat

How come they advertise it otherwise? Every time even a minor graphical improvement for some weird game it gets hyped to holy hell! I tried Battle For Middle Earth 2 to compare it to the PC version I have and I can't get audio to work for more then 2 mins. The song starts to play on the menu then cuts off instead of looping and all sound ends. Yet gameplay works ironically.

So , you have never read their site ?

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: SortingHat

Also PSX emulator series have come a long long ways even PS4 has some commercial titles now booting and PS3 has a lot that you can play start to finish unless they are lying as I've not bothered to try it.

They pay royalties .

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Problem with PS3 emulation was the Cell microprocessor and the micro architecture it employed being rather different from the X86 processors.

Yeah . It used RISC on a cell .
Nothing can catch that .
Just hard to program .

posted on Jun, 25 2022 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I look at YT videos that until a year or so ago Xenia kept having major updates. I think Covid might have affected their team as they slowed way down. It appeared at one point back in 2019 we were going to be having a perfectly playable Forza Horizon by now but instead updates have been minor and mostly to make the FPS titles work.

posted on Jun, 25 2022 @ 04:59 PM
link   

What do you mean? 😕

posted on Jun, 25 2022 @ 04:59 PM
link   

What does their site have to do with anything?

top topics

join