It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is This Paraglider Climbing A Thermal, Or Is It A Deceptive UFO?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 02:12 PM
link   
This past 6/20/22, the same UFO I filmed on 3/27/21 passed over my condo.

So what the hell. I'll share the old video here on ATS a 2nd time, in case some members missed it the first time. I didn't bother filming the second sighting on 6/20/22. I wouldn't have gotten as good of footage.

YouTube video of UFO filmed 3/27/21 linked below.

youtu.be...

The footage is nothing fantastic, but I'm convinced there is enough here to prove this was not just a typical long distance paraglider.

The proof is the mathematics of angular size.

If you study how paragliders fly long distances, or you are an experienced long distance paraglider, you will find that paragliders will fly in spirals (climbing a thermal) to ascend in altitude, and then glide long distances in a straight line while descending in altitude.

In my YouTube video, the flying object, which looks like a paraglider, appears to be spiraling. It is spiraling for about 4 minutes of filming.

A spiraling paraglider should climb about 1000 feet in 4 minutes. Paragliders typically fly at speeds of 25 mph.

If a paraglider travels 1000 feet higher, it is going to appear smaller on film. I had my camera on max zoom for the entire duration of filming (except for the first few seconds).

As you can see, this flying object is the same size for the duration of the filming.

QED.

As a 2nd point, which is not proof, but is supporting evidence, I went to:

www.xcontest.org...

and found the flight paths of 3 paragliders who flew long distance from Mt Diablo on 3/27/21, and 3 on 6/20/22, who did pass over my general vicinity. But none of these 6 flights matched to the coordinates of when I saw this UFO. I then found the Facebook pages of the 5 paraglider pilots, (1 of pilots flying on both these dates was the same person), and none of them had all white paragliders as filmed on 3/27/21, and witnessed on 6/20/22.

Thoughts?
edit on 23-6-2022 by InachMarbank because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: InachMarbank

So what the hell. I'll share the old video here on ATS a 2nd time, in case some members missed it the first time. I didn't bother filming the second sighting on 6/20/22. I wouldn't have gotten as good of footage.

youtu.be...

The footage is nothing fantastic, but I'm convinced there is enough here to prove this was not just a typical long distance paraglider.

If you study how paragliders fly long distances, or you are an experienced long distance paraglider, you will find that paragliders will fly in spirals (climbing a thermal) to ascend in altitude, and then glide long distances in a straight line while descending in altitude.

In my YouTube video, the flying object, which looks like a paraglider, appears to be spiraling. It is spiraling for about 4 minutes of filming.

A spiraling paraglider should climb about 1000 feet in 4 minutes. Paragliders typically fly at speeds of 25 mph.

If a paraglider travels 1000 feet higher, it is going to appear smaller on film. I had my camera on max zoom for the entire duration of filming (except for the first few seconds).

As you can see, this flying object is the same size for the duration of the filming.

QED.

www.xcontest.org...

and found the flight paths of 3 paragliders who flew long distance from Mt Diablo on 3/27/21, and 3 on 6/20/22, who did pass over my general vicinity. But none of these 6 flights matched to the coordinates of when I saw this UFO. I then found the Facebook pages of the 5 paraglider pilots, (1 of pilots flying on both these dates was the same person), and none of them had all white paragliders as filmed on 3/27/21, and witnessed on 6/20/22.

Thoughts?

In calm air, a paraglider will have a minimum sink rate, determined by its Lift to Drag ratio and the weight of the pilot. In order to climb, or soar, you have to find an updraft with a vertical component of velocity greater than that sink rate. If the updraft velocity is approximately the same as the sink rate, the glider will stay at the same altitude (plus or minus a little bit).

There are several different conditions that glider pilots use for staying aloft. The classic one is looking for thermal updrafts under the bases of cumulus clouds. Because they are associated with clouds, they are easy to spot and usually pretty strong. Another one is to find “blue thermals”. These are thermal updrafts that do not result in clouds and are generally weaker. They’re also harder to spot, and can only be detected by the pilot monitoring the rate-of-climb meter. This looks like a paraglider riding a blue thermal. The third kind of lift that glider pilots look for is called “ridge lift”. This is when horizontal winds encounter a mountain range and flow up and over the ridge. This forms a standing wave at the front of the ridge and gliders can tack back and forth along the front part of the wave indefinitely (as long as the wind blows).

It looks to me like this glider is riding a weak blue thermal. However, because this seems to be in proximity to Mount Diablo, one would expect there to also be ridge lift nearby.

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: InachMarbank

talk about reaching, sheesh.

looks like you fell and busted your a@@ next to the overpass lol?

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Skydiver.

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

Here are links to the flight paths of 2 paragliders who were somewhat close to the area I filmed, about half an hour before I filmed this.

Evan

jack

When the first pilot flew over my neighborhood, from 1:54 p.m. to 1:58 p.m., he ascended about 900 feet.

When the second pilot flew over my neighborhood, from 2:06 p.m. to 2:10 p.m., he ascended about 600 feet.

This isn't counting how far sideways they moved too, because they don't just go up in a straight line.

I was filming this at 2:30 p.m. By 2:30 p.m, they were both flying close to 5 miles south of me.

You may use the links to study the way paragliders fly. You will see, they either descend in a straight line movement, or they ascend in a spiraling movement. They don't ever stay at the same altitude. Sometimes they can maintain a pretty steady altitude by frequently switching between spiraling and ascending or going straight and descending. When doing such maneuvers, they cover a lot of distance horizontally.

You seem to be ignoring the mathematics of angular size.

Consider, if a paraglider with a 35 foot wing span moves 600 feet further away, it is going to appear about 17% smaller on camera.

This object was the same size at the start of the video as it was at the end of the video.

QED.
edit on 23-6-2022 by InachMarbank because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

No I just stopped filming and moved the camera down.

I saw some passers by and I was going to see if they looked interested in the UFO, but they could not have cared less, so I didn't bother them.

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Thank you for your thorough analysis!

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Having a good Ol time sailing the sky …………. it’s in my bucket list, before I kick the bucket 🥴

👽🛸🍺
edit on 23-6-2022 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

I love the snapshots
The, uh...pilot... alternates between being black and white in a way that perplexes me...

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 05:22 PM
link   

I love the snapshots
The, uh...pilot... alternates between being black and white in a way that perplexes me...

It appears to me he may have on a coveralls flight suit in a light color…..and the dark color is his parachute pack, plus emergency parachute and harness to hold it all….or visa versa on the two different colors from afar.

Everything you see here comes in numerous color combinations….

No UFO imo

👽🛸🍺

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 05:25 PM
link   
What's a "Fopar"? Did you mean "faux pas"? 🍻

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: crumpet97
What's a "Fopar"? Did you mean "faux pas"? 🍻

Yes …..I took the phonetic shortcut then to have to try and remember how it was all spelled 🥴

👽🛸🍻

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Color change from 2:00 to 2:04 in video.

Accurate comparison of size change from start to end of video.

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 05:58 PM
link   
for but a split second, between time stamps 0:01 and 0:02, an extremely tiny dot of light, zips just below the object I recorded, moving left and up on the screen. Below is how that extremely tiny dot of light appears, paused and zoomed in.

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Color change from 2:00 to 2:04 in video.

Accurate comparison of size change from start to end of video.

Shadowed under the parachute, then in sunlight.

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

Hey that's a convincing explanation, assuming the pilot is like the technology of the Moon.

posted on Jun, 25 2022 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Thanks to nerbot for leading me to the moon comparison.

Another point to add, the object in my video appeared about half the size of the Moon. The below snapshot of the Moon was recorded at the same maximum zoom setting as the video of the UFO.

It is certainly no coincidence I saw this UFO. I am convinced it stalked me to deliver a scriptural message.

Therefore the Holy number 6 is what I assume to be its miles away from me.

If I assume this object was 6 miles away from me when I recorded it, and we can see its angular size is half that of the moon, then I can also assume it's wing span is 144 feet.

And now we can see the scriptural message.

"And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.

And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:

And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.

These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb."

Revelation 14:1-4

posted on Mar, 25 2023 @ 07:34 PM
link   

youtu.be...

QED.

www.xcontest.org...

Thoughts?

How silly!

top topics

join