It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.K. declares ‘national incident’ after polio virus traces found in sewage

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I decided to get ahead of this by highlighting the key facts before the fearmongers ran with it.

1) Polio vaccination coverage in the United Kingdom is 95%.

2) This is a weakened form of polio that is used in oral vaccines. Oral polio vaccines are now only used in countries such as Pakistan, Afghanistan, and Nigeria.

3) This strain rarely causes serious illness or paralysis and is only a threat for those who have not been vaccinated against polio.

U.K. declares ‘national incident’ after polio virus traces found in sewage

The United Kingdom has declared a rare “national incident” after traces of the highly contagious polio virus were found in sewage in London, the government said.

Britain, like many developed nations, has been largely polio-free since the 1980s due to the high uptake of the vaccine. So far, no cases have been reported.

However, its health security agency and medical regulator said in a statement Wednesday that authorities had found traces of poliovirus in sewage samples collected from the London Beckton Sewage Treatment Works, as part of “routine surveillance.” The sewage treatment plant covers a population close to 4 million in the north and east of the capital.

“Investigations are underway after several closely-related viruses were found in sewage samples taken between February and May,” the statement said.

“Vaccine-derived poliovirus is rare and the risk to the public overall is extremely low,” Vanessa Saliba, consultant epidemiologist at UK Health Security Agency, said in a statement.

The type 2 vaccine-derived poliovirus — as opposed to the wild or naturally occurring strain — is a weakened form of the live virus used in oral polio vaccines. Many countries, including the U.K. and United States have moved away from using the oral vaccine as it can spread to unvaccinated people. But it remains common in nations such as Pakistan, Afghanistan and Nigeria.

The vaccine-derived poliovirus detected in the U.K. “on rare occasions can cause serious illness, such as paralysis, in people who are not fully vaccinated,” the British health authorities said.

There is no cure, but vaccinations since the 1960s, mostly in childhood, have been a game changer allowing many countries to eradicate wild polio. The U.K. maintains vaccine coverage of more than 95 percent, the government said, largely through a routine childhood immunization program.

edit on 23 6 2022 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 11:37 AM
link   
That's because the vast majority of third world migrants have been located in London. That's migrant being allowed into the country with literally no health checks from countries where diseases, that we eradicated in the UK, run rampant in their original countries.

Now you can call me a bigot.

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

I think the real story is how pharmaceuticals are ending up in the sewage/water supply.

This and plastics and those pfas…

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm
I totally agree. I have said before, which absolutely no one will touch now, how this femalisation of the western worlds population has happened and is still happening. Please notice the very vast majority of "trans" people are male to female with a tiny percent going the other way.

This is due to the female pill, specifically the oestrogen part. Since the 1960s when the "pill" was given out often oestrogen gets passed through the urinary tract and because it can't be destroyed it has got into the water cycle and in turn into the food cycle.

Granted only in very, very minimal amounts, but the drip drip intake is causing these feminised men and also impacting on the weakening of the fertility cycle.

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Dropping this in.

Remember during the current covid pandemic, when cdc mentioned a possible outbreak in 2020?
Is this still an ongoing issue?

CDC Warns of Potential Fall Outbreak of Rare Polio-Like Illness in Children

The rare condition called acute flaccid myelitis, which causes limb weakness that can progress quickly into paralysis, has spiked in even-numbered years and peaked in 2018.

www.usnews.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Bigot! In Canada I read we are waving the requirement for Ukraine refugees to require the standard in drivers education and tests and just handing them a license if they have a valid Ukraine one. One of the stupidest things I’ve ever heard in my entire life.

From one bigot to another I want the Ukrainians to take the same tests I did and same the test my friends from the Philippines had to take when they immigrated.

By all means I support them finding safe haven and attempt to make a happy life in Canada I would just like for them to be subject to the same measures as the rest of us.

a reply to: crayzeed

edit on 23-6-2022 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 12:07 PM
link   

London Beckton Sewage Treatment Works

Why am I not surprised , it's a bit strong calling a National incident I think.
Isn't London where the first cases of Monkeypox were discovered ? , not saying it's a breeding ground for disease but ...

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I think the real story is how pharmaceuticals are ending up in the sewage/water supply.

Pharmaceuticals that are not administered in the UK , which kinda backs up what crayzeed said.

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex I thought the same about the 'national incident' lol, 95% of Brits are vaccinated, and unless rain stops falling on Dartmoor then my drinking water will remain the same decent quality, and London's sewer problems remainsolely London's, certainly NOT a national incident lol

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

I have some good friends in London, old-fashioned Rasta types who's families came over in the 60's and 70's.
They are cracking lads - good fun and I trust them implicitly.

For years now they have been warning me about the influx of people from places like Sudan and Somalia.
They say they have no cultural similarities and have no desire at all to integrate into the society around them.
Over the years they've told me a few times that its not all that uncommon to see them defecting in the street etc.

They are seriously thinking about moving out of London as they feel its changed beyond recognition.

I also know quite a few people of Indian descent, mostly Sikh's and a few Hindu's.
Solid people with a serious hard working ethic.

Its no surprise to most of us when I say that there are long stand tensions between them and some Muslim communities.
But they tell me a similar story as my Rasta mates both about the recent immigrants from Sudan/Somalia etc but also from those coming from areas in the Middle East.
The most common phrase I hear from them is 'They want to turn this country into a replica of the #hole they've come from, we can't let it happen'.

I don't know enough about any virus let alone the Polio virus and I have no idea how it could have got into the sewage....but I can't help make some assumptions - which I acknowledge could be wrong.
Is it a coincidence?
I don't know. hopefully someone more informed will be able to educate me.

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Globalist wants pandemics, diseases and that is why they are pushing the migration of third world country populations into developed countries soo they can infect everybody else.

I guess covid scaremongering was too profitable to let it go, they need more viruses.

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 02:09 PM
link   
The polio vaccine sheds, so new cases are caused by the vaccine.

Either that or another gain of function experiment.

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: v1rtu0s0

There are no new cases here. As for shedding, here:

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Excuse my ignorance but what does 'shredding' mean?.....in easy to understand layman's terms please.

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Shredding, as opposed to shedding, is a technique in playing the electric guitar. Mind you, whammy bar abuse can make you go blind.....

en.m.wikipedia.org...#:~:text=Shred%20guitar%20or%20shredding%20is,passages%20and%20advanced%20performance%20effects.

Hope this helps.

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Quality mate.
PMSL, Old punks like myself don't go in for the big guitar licks.....

So what the # does 'shedding' mean then?

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 03:04 PM
link   

It means the infected are contagious and spreading.

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 03:12 PM
link   

This is a weakened form of polio that is used in oral vaccines. Oral polio vaccines are now only used in countries such as Pakistan, Afghanistan, and Nigeria.

People with no immune system or have transient immune systems are at risk along with the rest of the population due to oral live vaccines.
edit on 23-6-2022 by Lemon1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I did so much whammy bar abuse on my Ibanez Fat Strat that it fell off.

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

That sounds like something straight out of Viz!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join