It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zoolander visits Zelensky in Ukraine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Zoolander visits Zelensky in Ukraine

www.bbc.com...

US actor Ben Stiller has described the scenes in war-torn Ukraine as "distressing", "shocking" and on a bigger scale than any movie.
The Hollywood star told Zelensky that he was his hero, and complimented his previous acting career.
"It's my first time coming to an area that's in conflict," he told the BBC.
"But it's really strange because when you drive into the country, really in the west of the country, you don't feel the conflict, except for the curfew at night where it gets very quiet and a little bit eerie.
"[In] Lviv, people seem to be going back to life as normal, trying to as much as possible.
And then as you get closer and closer to Kyiv, into the east of the country, you start to see the roadblocks and see the destruction, which is really shocking when you haven't seen anything like that up close."
In the interview with BBC Breakfast on Tuesday, Stiller, who is known for films like There's Something About Mary and Dodgeball, added: "I'm an actor, so the first thing I go to is like, 'Oh, it looks like a movie'. But the scale of it is even bigger and it's real, so that's really distressing."

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Well, I guess Stiller can now add to his resume and earn some more bucks,

Great for him

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6
5 foot 6 never look so fierce. Both made money from comedy and both made money from tropic thunder or corruption thunder

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Hopefully Putin captures him so he can phone Biden and do the "Wed Dwaggin" bit.

Biden is no Les Grossman.

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

He wants billions in weapons and a TiVo with a 7 round I mean 7 gb capacity
edit on 23-6-2022 by BlackOops because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-6-2022 by BlackOops because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Ive seen other boards say the obvious, and now they are just f------ with us.

Tugg Speedman as the ambassador for the United Nations refugee agency in Scorcher World War iii

Forget the list of those who died of Arkanside how about a list of politicians, dignitaries, and celebrities that have visited Zelensky, In a war zone? YOU know that dangerous war zone we have to finance while Im struggling to pay the debt of my 50-year-old family business. That was going fine for the previous 47 years till COVID.

edit on 23-6-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 08:07 AM
link   
What's he film that they are getting this cast together. Dumb and Dumber the Ukraine Years? You couldn't make it up.

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 02:03 PM
link   
You totally beat me with that headline. Was going to post it as a response in the NYPost article, but the Post only lets you comment on irrelevant issues.

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 02:07 PM
link   
On a separate note: Does Ben "Blue Steel" Stiller get SAG/AFTRA residuals for this performance?

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Just from a masculine garment sense, diplomatic clothing seems so casual these days.

Not to fault these two dudes, I think they look great.

And it is summer in Europe.

Just wondering, if I was famous enough to meet President Zelensky in winter, can I wear my snug 1990's German "Bundeswehr" surplus-store jacket, or would that create an international disturbance?

An old photo of myself (probably posted a decade ago on ATS): stylish in my army surplus-store jacket.
Just thinking, it's almost Christmas again you know, and soon it will still be the warmest jacket I have (when traveling to the global North).
Yip, I was so behind the fashion, I was actually ahead.

But would it be appropriate nowadays?

Well, you could probably go like that, whether you'll ever come back is a different story.
And er, don't expect the South African government to send a search party.
edit on 23-6-2022 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Whoop whoop, it's the fashion police!

11 Countries, No Camouflage: The “why” varies between countries, but it’s illegal to wear camouflage in: Antigua, Barbados, Grenada, Jamaica, Nigeria, Oman, Philippines, Saudi Arabia, St Lucia, Trinidad and Tobago, Zambia or Zimbabwe. You probably won’t end up in jail, but you can expect to part ways with all your camouflage gear, even if they’re the only things you have on.

www.godsavethepoints.com...
edit on 23-6-2022 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

Ive seen other boards say the obvious, and now they are just f------ with us.

Tugg Speedman as the ambassador for the United Nations refugee agency in Scorcher World War iii

Forget the list of those who died of Arkanside how about a list of politicians, dignitaries, and celebrities that have visited Zelensky, In a war zone? YOU know that dangerous war zone we have to finance while Im struggling to pay the debt of my 50-year-old family business. That was going fine for the previous 47 years till COVID.

glad you at least got something going for ya. I graduated high school back in 08 and "celebrity" speaker basically told us we were entering into the adult world in a # economy, the housing bubble back then was taking a dive, and I had more jobs in two or three years than I can remember due to employers closing for good or laying off all the probies.

Right about now it's feeling like it did back then, and I'm poised to take advantage of whatever happens. The past decade and some odd years has been nothing but me grinding my ass off and trying to get somewhere so I can relax and feel like I can actually not have to worry about money. I was doing alright and was about to open up my own business when the friggin government decided to force people to stay home and forced small businesses to close up since they couldn't afford the extra manpower for "social distancing" and temperature checks.

Friggin stupid. I hope everyone remembers that one for the next time. Course the masses probably won't do anything again except for complain and say they don't want stimmies as they keep the money.

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackOops
5 foot 6 never look so fierce. Both made money from comedy and both made money from tropic thunder or corruption thunder

Yep, I agree 1000 percent, we have been screwed.

join