It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facial Recognition debate comes to Adelaide

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 01:47 AM
link   
The Adelaide City Council has kicked of quite a stink lately in it recent purchase of upgrading its camera system. Low light, 360 view, facial and license plate recognition capable.

The spin is SAPOL (Police) will only implement these more advanced features if they can abide by the regulations surrounding this technology, which is significantly lacking. SAPOL has refused to comment.

The reality is, whoever can tap into the feed can implement whatever features they want. The federal government already get a copy of whatever is floating around, now with private contractors in the mix of the 5 eyes, so does the highest bidder. With a lot of this tech coming out of China, another bunch on the radar. Got quite a good upgrade to there local embassy not too long ago.

With some of the stories going around about what this can do, it not only uniquely identifies you by your face, but your gate as well, the way you walk and move. On the good side it is possible to pick up potential health issues in the future, perhaps get on top of them early before they become a real problem? But it does take a state that values its population to move in this direction.

Alternatively, and what is more likely is that this technology will be used against any dissenters of state policy or any other entity that has the means and motive to invest and use such technology.

It is quite common that before anyone does anything too stupid, they will reach out in some way with they local community. With a good relationship between the police and community, many of these events can be stopped before they start.

I don't exactly know just what kind of network the Adelaide City Council cameras are on. Would not be surprised if some internet connectivity is used rather than a completely separate and hardwired private network.

While an appropriate legislative framework might find a good balance in how SAPOL utilizes this technology. It remains blind and ignorant of any other entities that can get access to this data and hold most of our legislation in contempt and out of their jurisdiction. I expect there are some very good defenses in place against intrusion, but for how effective the overall wall is with so many people and complexity in place?

The only sure defense against the unwarranted use of this information is to not have the hardware installed in the first place.

But in our current political environment, with the results of the last federal election still dripping in, Australia has gone the way of America. Our new Premier was my previous local state representative. He has the charm, the girls like him. Totally blind on early covid treatment, pushing the jab. Looks ready to jump when the WHO tells him. Expect he would get on with Justin Trudeau well.

With the way Dan Andrews from Melbourne signed up to China's Smart Cities project, in the middle of the night rolling out 5G while everyone is on lock down, guess we are kinda lucky to of held out this long. The political tide has turned to Labour here, don't expect much resistance as Joe Biden does what he does...

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

alot of those systems are defeatable and doing it non intrusively is still probably a crime lol

when they start seeing a rash of responsible mask wearing covid fearing criminals all start practicing the Michael jackson thriller dance all over town.......

won't be long till something goes down

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Adelaide Council can use the data.

SAPOL can use the data.

ASIO, CIA, MI6 can all use the data.

Federal Police can use the data.

So ... why can't the people have access? The only reason for these advanced systems is to control the Australian Population. I would like access to all cameras in Police Stations as an example, or to Parliament House - all cameras please.

We have lost control of the country.

Oh, to save space. When Victorian Police went in with rubber bullets, apparently they received phone calls that night ... from the very angry SAS and Commando Regiments of our Army. They were told to stop shooting at Aussies or else. No more rubber bullets!

Also a rumor that Victoria has Chinese Military posing as Vic Police. That would be of interest to the Army if true.

P

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Oh, to save space. When Victorian Police went in with rubber bullets, apparently they received phone calls that night ... from the very angry SAS and Commando Regiments of our Army. They were told to stop shooting at Aussies or else. No more rubber bullets!

Also a rumor that Victoria has Chinese Military posing as Vic Police. That would be of interest to the Army if true.

Got any more info on this? I wondered where he managed to suddenly round up hundreds of militarized police.

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Flatcoat

You would have it if I had it.

P

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Got any more info on this? I wondered where he managed to suddenly round up hundreds of militarized police.

Dan Andrews got a few million / half a billion something like that from the World Bank when he went all Nazi on the people at the start of the pandemic, helped pay for operations for a couple of months. Lots of threads about that, guess it start4ed around April - Sept 2020?

He is in the same boat as Hunter Biden when it comes to China. Does not have the crack head profile, but still signed up to CCP through the belt and roads imitative. Not the only sell out here in OZ, but high up China's butt.

Been rumors for a while there are a few police stations in Victoria flying the China flag. Who did Biden take to his prom night?

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Question is why is the Victoria police now changing their uniforms to camouflage Pattern, the SOG helicopter has been repainted in a military style dark camouflage, question is why is a non military police force re-branding themselves. I wrote about this helicopter recently, can’t find any pics of it.

Though google vic police special ops, uniforms.

It was announced today that Victoria’s budget is going to blowout at over 20 billion dollars.

I wrote about these warnings over a year ago, with dans frivolous spending recently, now with an energy crisis, cost of food crisis where a lettuce is over $9.00.

People need to decide freeze to death due to high energy prices, or eat or starve and pay to keep warm.

Dan is preparing for a civil war, it’s the only reason.

This along with as i wrote last week, Bunnings hardware, Kmart, the good guys are using facial recognition cameras in Victoria, for what purpose who knows.

Though most likely only for a nefarious purpose for the state.

Perhaps dan wants to know which potentially identified supposed trouble makers, are buying sledgehammers, etc To take on the gubment.

With his spending we are heading for a massive crash in society coupled with mortgagee repossessions, interest rate rises, people have bought beyond their affordability, and don’t want to lose their houses.

It’s funked in Victoria

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Dan sold Victoria out from under the people.

Have you seen that he has conned Lindsay fox into donating to the art gallery, the new cancer hospital at hundreds of millions of dollars. Wonder what dan has on Lindsay fox.

Never heard of foxy being this much of a philanthropist.

Makes you wonder, as supposedly dan fell at foxxys house, and foxxy had a fall at Essendon Airport, perhaps they are trying to off each other.

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

why can't the people have access?

A lot of people are idiots? You been stalking that hot chick that works around the corner? Watch this data for a couple of weeks and give you a few more angles in. Find that weak spot.

Than maybe we should? Open up all the financial data as well. I have some respect for someone with a few million dollars that worked for it. Even those on the Cayman Island ticket, sure they got some # to shovel through.

But what twists and bends is this one world currency gonna take? Don't see transparency high on it.

But what if it went that way, a big cultural shift? Everyone got to see everyone else's numbers? For those able to stand by their number, respect. For the rest of the thiefs, scatter like cockroaches when lifting the rug.

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: robsmith
Change the uniforms?? I really hate to use this analogy but it fits perfectly. Think Germany in the 1930s. Started with a boys brigade with their scout type uniform. That transitioned into the Brown shirts, then Black SS uniforms. AAANNNDDD. what did THEY do? Roam around in gangs, whoops I mean sections, generally severely beating people who disagreed with their ideology. Their own people.

Fast forward to now Canada and Australia have these gangs, whoops again I mean sections, who are going out of the normal police procedures to severely beat their own people. Their own people and I will guarantee 100% they will come out with the exact same answer the SS did "but we were only following orders".

Can't these police see the "demonstrators" have reasonable legitimate reason to do what they are doing, so where is their conscience to come to the conclusion that these people, and I'll say again, their people, need to be physically abused with the law on their side.

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Big data is an issue here. Privacy laws have been out flanked. been a while since Facebook got your medical and financial data. Money talks. It was what the CIA was designed to do.

So what do we do about the final warning from Eisenhower? Looks like he was on target, but when a president baulks what chance have we got? I don't know? I guess ternary has been a part of this planet for a long time. Standing against the state is generally left to the task of fools. It was only the court jester that could get away with telling the king how it is. Others that tried lost their head.

Anyway, since finding what 9/11 was about. Put me in the basket of fools and ignorant. I may not always give the Bible the respect and understanding it deserves. I am very thankful for the guidance and life I do have. When seeing the quality of people that wish to bun these works and this direction, woe is unto them.

When dealing with this scale of disaster, it will not change overnight, generally goes backwards when it does. So as for this big data, gotta be a machine to make any sense of it, too much for the average skull. So do we go cross and bones, or I am an individual and you cannot fool me?

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 08:51 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 08:55 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I have seen people in this state try and stand up to what is going on. I guess rules of engagement are clear that the state will defend itself?

So where is the value?

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 03:49 PM
link   
YOU RACIS AGAINS CHINESE AMERICAN YOU GO HOME NOW

NO SOUP FO YOU

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 03:52 PM
link   
It's 'funked' everywhere mate. In the 90s in the US we rolled out the militarisation of police in USA due to leftover DOD equipment.

Now it's the 'new normal'

Police don't see the civvy as the one to protect anymore, they see them as enemy combatants.

With few exceptions.

Where is J Burns?

a reply to: robsmith

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

YOU RACIS AGAINS CHINESE AMERICAN YOU GO HOME NOW

Great example of woke politics, ignore the issues and pull out the race card. Good attempt to derail the topic.

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Victoria police have truly become the goon squad, they are lazy and hunt for easy targets. I dropped the kids at school and the pigs with laser beams were hunting for speeding cars in a school zone, though just out side of the 40 zone I was overtaken by a wanker in an Audi doing 90 in a 60 zone. Probably a drug lord, probably too much paperwork, and the voodoo can’t be bothered.

Though firing Victoria’s lockup’s the police were give way too much power, look at the prick of an officer at flinders st station, who walked up behind a poor soul, and body slammed an innocent person into the ground and caused severe head injuries.

And the pricks are supposed to serve. Nd protect.

m.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Because that is how that 'side' debates. obviously.

Sorry I forgot my /s tag. Didn't realise it was mandatory.

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 03:21 AM
link   
For those in Adelaide, or able to make it. There is an event on held by Monash University this coming Monady evening about this topic. Link

The event has sold out, but there will be a gathering of interested individuals starting before the event, around 5pm. As for what happens, don't turn up if you are camera shy I guess? I am not expecting a big crowd, but will be lots of open discussion about this issues going on.

As for what I see in how it panning out. SAPOL will get a light version of the recognition software. Will plug into their current database ok, not 100%, but can help in a lot of cases.

The Feds will get the upgraded system, a lot more data points and processing capability, better accuracy. 5 Eyes will piggy back of this. As for China on its Smart City campaign, will have its own processing and database infrastructure. Perhaps some of China and the 5 eyes will meet at the UN? With all the talk around a Central Bank Digital Currency going on, this will be top dog if it goes that way.

Then there will be those like Blackrock and KPMG in the back ground, with how much of the infrastructure has been cut up through privatization, expect someone there knows who to talk to when there is a billion dollars on the table.

As for what some of these AI systems might come up with? I don't know. For them data is food.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join