It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's do the Time slip again, Plane Said to Vanish, Reappear 10 Minutes Later

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
a reply to: beyondknowledge

And what if the universe and all within are linked as well. Dark matter comes to mind in that realm.

And what if the sum total of human knowledge with respect to the universe is about .001%, and 99.999% of that .001% we do know is actually wrong and/or incomplete?

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I lost 8 minutes while travelling 85 mph on I95N, just outside of Titusville, FL in the mid '90's. It began and ended in the exact same spot. Where did I go for 8 minutes and after MRI and CAT scans in 2012 why does my brain fire in places never before seen by the head neurologist translating the results?

This inquiring mind wants to know.

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

At a minimum, the plane would be 2.5 degrees of rotation out of position when in reentered normal time.

Time doesn't have a position.

Every second is equal to 299,792,458 meters in Einsteinian spacetime. This implies that if an object disappeared and then reappeared after 10 minutes, it would be nearly 11 million kilometers away from where it disappeared, to prevent it from having enormous physics disrupting (with respect to the normal time-frame) momentum.

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: nugget1
a reply to: putnam6

I'm wondering if you've ever read 'The Complete Works of Charles Fort'? It's a collection of some of the strangest stories and events ever recorded, and a fascinating compilation of high strangeness and factual oddities. The records of 'spontaneous human combustion' gave me nightmares for quite some time!

Okay so Ebay has

The Complete Works of Charles Fort The Book of the Damed and the Complete Books of Charles Fort, I'll probably get both they seem right up my alley, sometimes I lend more credence to older cases.

The complete works has all three books- Lo, Book of the Damned, Wild Talents and New Lands. Most of the stories are based on evidence, and only a few have been explained since- like how it could have rained fish back in the 1800's.

I promise you won't be sorry!

edit on 300000088America/Chicago301 by nugget1 because: ETA

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

At a minimum, the plane would be 2.5 degrees of rotation out of position when in reentered normal time.

Every second is equal to 299,792,458 meters in Einsteinian spacetime. This implies that if an object disappeared and then reappeared after 10 minutes, it would be nearly 11 million kilometers away from where it disappeared, to prevent it from having enormous physics disrupting (with respect to the normal time-frame) momentum.

Dude if this really happened which I doubt but let's just say it did. If this happened then that plane went into a higher dimension. In a higher dimension time and space is irrelevant. The being could easily place the airplane in any position or time or time and position it wants to with ease. It could literally turn you inside-out with no effort. It would be essentially a God compared to mere 4 dimensional mortals.

You can't use your earthly science, maths or physics to even come close to what you would perceive as a logical explanation to how he did it.

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman

.....Book of the Damned. published 1919 so it is now public domain.

Charles Fort Book of the Damned

Just a quick thank you as I have lost (or mis-boxed) my copy... I just took your link copied and made a pdf out of the webpage.

For others that may wish to get some of Charles Fort other books.. I have a Internet Archive Link to download (3) three of his books.

NewLands (1923)
Lo! (1931)
WildTalents (1933),

Charles Fort Books at Archive .org

Johnny
edit on 6/23/2022 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 04:19 AM
link   

I totally understand your point here and accept it.

However, it's based on the assumption that the plane's time slip has happened randomly, ergo it has no control over where and when it reappears.

If - as many asssume - there is a system of control in place (e.g. a deity overseeing everything in the universe, or the universe being a simulation, or any one of hundreds of other engineered scenarios where things do not just happen spontaneously but have a system of some kind instigating and managing them) then it's also a fair assumption that there will be rules and controls to handle unforeseen eventualities like this. And these would self-correct things such as spatial coordinates.

Ultimately though, we just don't have enough info to come up with any kind of reasonable explanation. Is this a simulation, and when things disappear, is that a glitch? Is it even a time 'slip' or was the plane just totally removed from existence for 10 mins? And if it was removed, was it a random occurrence or was it a deliberate action by a higher power to address something to do with that plane or its occupants? So many scenarios could exist.

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 08:08 AM
link   

I'm wondering if you've ever read 'The Complete Works of Charles Fort'? It's a collection of some of the strangest stories and events ever recorded, and a fascinating compilation of high strangeness and factual oddities. The records of 'spontaneous human combustion' gave me nightmares for quite some time!

Okay so Ebay has

The Complete Works of Charles Fort The Book of the Damed and the Complete Books of Charles Fort, I'll probably get both they seem right up my alley, sometimes I lend more credence to older cases.

The complete works has all three books- Lo, Book of the Damned, Wild Talents and New Lands. Most of the stories are based on evidence, and only a few have been explained since- like how it could have rained fish back in the 1800's.

I promise you won't be sorry!

Already got it on order...

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyAnonymous

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman

.....Book of the Damned. published 1919 so it is now public domain.

Charles Fort Book of the Damned

Just a quick thank you as I have lost (or mis-boxed) my copy... I just took your link copied and made a pdf out of the webpage.

For others that may wish to get some of Charles Fort other books.. I have a Internet Archive Link to download (3) three of his books.

NewLands (1923)
Lo! (1931)
WildTalents (1933),

Charles Fort Books at Archive .org

Johnny

woohoo forgot to look there, thanks

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 08:40 AM
link   
The most common description of conditions outside of space/time is by combining space and time into a 3-D model viewed from an outside perspective. In such a model, the plane could land anywhere at anytime, even before it left. Also, it may be that our perception can only work while we are inside our normal space/time, so the plane appears to people on the ground to disappear then reappear and the passengers on the plane never notice it.

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Dude

if this really happened which I doubt

As do I

but let's just say it did. If this happened then that plane went into a higher dimension.

An aircraft is already a multidimensional object (probably 11 dimensional). A singular dimension has no thickness. It is not possible for a multidimensional object to shift entirely into a single dimension as far as we know.

To unfold an 11 dimensional object so that it was single dimensional would probably lead to it becoming a line with a length exceeding the visible universe.

In the three dimensions of space we are most familiar with, there are no constraints on visibility, or directionality of that vision. We can 'see' both forward and back along each dimension.

When we observe things in the 4th dimension (nominally time) we can only 'see' unidirectionally, i.e: the past is apparent but the future is invisible. This dimensional property is what gives "the arrow of time".

When we observe higher dimensions above 4, we loose the ability to 'see' in any direction. Although we have no mathematical basis explaining the emergence of these 'above 3' dimensional properties, we can observe the physical necessity of the existence of these higher dimensions, even though we cannot 'see' them. We can, for instance, see the consequence of physical forces action along higher invisible dimensions.

I have the strong feeling that a theoretical mathematical framework explaining these 'visual directionality' properties will be a bigger breakthrough and lead to more understanding in physics than relativity or gravitation have been, but at present, I have seen no theory or hypothesis that even vaguely leads in that direction.

In a higher dimension time and space is irrelevant.

Time and space are at least 4 dimensions.

The being could easily place the airplane in any position or time or time and position it wants to with ease. It could literally turn you inside-out with no effort. It would be essentially a God compared to mere 4 dimensional mortals.

The being would have to be God to exceed physics in such a way, and possibly also to understand such manipulations.

You can't use your earthly science, maths or physics to even come close to what you would perceive as a logical explanation to how he did it.

I don't believe that. I believe that everything created is systematic, rational, and explicable. That does not mean that we will necessarily ever come to an understanding of it - we are human and limited. At present, it is beyond us.

edit on 23/6/2022 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: elgaz

I totally understand your point here and accept it.

However, it's based on the assumption that the plane's time slip has happened randomly, ergo it has no control over where and when it reappears.

I made no assumptions about the direction or intention about where the aeroplane might turn up. I was merely trying to show the unphysicality of the aeroplane remaining in the approximate position where it disappeared, in a 'relativistic physics' sense.

If - as many asssume - there is a system of control in place (e.g. a deity overseeing everything in the universe, or the universe being a simulation, or any one of hundreds of other engineered scenarios where things do not just happen spontaneously but have a system of some kind instigating and managing them) then it's also a fair assumption that there will be rules and controls to handle unforeseen eventualities like this. And these would self-correct things such as spatial coordinates.

If the aircraft and the world it is in is a simulation, then it could be a 'rendering glitch' and would not be constrained by relativistic physics, however, our experience of such glitches are based upon limitations in our computing devices, which I would assume do not affect something that renders the universe nearly perfectly. Such a simulations would still have rules that defined how everything was rendered and these rules would appear to incorporate artifacts that we interpret as relativistic physics.

The simulation hypotheses also seem to miss that such rendering must necessarily be upon some underlying media, usually assumed to be some sort of super-surface where multidimensional space is rendered holographically as the intersections of wave-forms. However, simulation hypotheses are all circular logic because there must always be a substrate. A God like creator would have to create a universe, to form a computing appliance, upon which to run the simulation. Philosophically it is an endless loop with absent first cause, adding levels of complexity, and explaining nothing, really.

Ultimately though, we just don't have enough info to come up with any kind of reasonable explanation. Is this a simulation, and when things disappear, is that a glitch? Is it even a time 'slip' or was the plane just totally removed from existence for 10 mins? And if it was removed, was it a random occurrence or was it a deliberate action by a higher power to address something to do with that plane or its occupants? So many scenarios could exist.

Or, did the pilot think that a landing was too perilous and climb out of its landing approach into cloud, rain, temperature inversion, or some other visual/radar obstructive phenomena from the perspective of the ground, and then come around for a second approach, dropping back into visibility?

edit on 23/6/2022 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Dude

I'm from Florida dude, everyone says it here.😅🤣

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyAnonymous

No worries. I sit on his fence. I don’t know anything for certain. I only know things aren’t always as they seem.

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Dude, you gots a PM.

posted on Jun, 26 2022 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Some of this sounds a bit like Arrival with Amy Adams Jeremy Renner and Forest Whitaker really 3 of my favorite actors even if this wasn' the best movie the time not existing plot was really cool.

Sounds like the TV Show "Manifest" where the plane disappears for 5 years but to everyone on board they didnt notice any change at all and they didnt age. When the plane lands everyone who was on board their families had thought they died so everyone moved on with their lives. Some widows married their partners brother/sister/best friend. Family and friends had different jobs, had moved away etc

Was a cool show when it started but then I lost interest

posted on Jun, 26 2022 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisguidedAngel

Some of this sounds a bit like Arrival with Amy Adams Jeremy Renner and Forest Whitaker really 3 of my favorite actors even if this wasn' the best movie the time not existing plot was really cool.

Sounds like the TV Show "Manifest" where the plane disappears for 5 years but to everyone on board they didnt notice any change at all and they didnt age. When the plane lands everyone who was on board their families had thought they died so everyone moved on with their lives. Some widows married their partners brother/sister/best friend. Family and friends had different jobs, had moved away etc

Was a cool show when it started but then I lost interest

I remember hearing about that show and wanted to watch it but never did.

But yes pretty much, it is even reminiscent of Stephen KIng's The Langoliers in some aspects.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join