It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's do the Time slip again, Plane Said to Vanish, Reappear 10 Minutes Later

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
a reply to: putnam6

I'm wondering if you've ever read 'The Complete Works of Charles Fort'? It's a collection of some of the strangest stories and events ever recorded, and a fascinating compilation of high strangeness and factual oddities. The records of 'spontaneous human combustion' gave me nightmares for quite some time!

I haven't but I'll look it up, I love the weird stories of the paranormal, even if most of them have logical reasons we just don't connect the dots correctly.

Still, Ive had stories sometimes where you stop and go WTH happened?

The stories about spontaneous combustion are always intriguing, how intense the burned areas seem? and right next to them the area isn't even scorched?

Okay so Ebay has

The Complete Works of Charles Fort The Book of the Damed and the Complete Books of Charles Fort, I'll probably get both they seem right up my alley, sometimes I lend more credence to older cases.
edit on 22-6-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6The stories about spontaneous combustion are always intriguing, how intense the burned areas seem? and right next to them the area isn't even scorched?

**Not trying to detrack from the subject/thread**

With that said, I too am fascinated with this phenomena. The heat so intense to burn away an individual yet leave parts of a chair or even some body parts and clothing/apparel untouched. The thumbnail pic goes to my ATS picture gallery where I have two examples of such.

WARNING, may be too graphic for some (and especially children ...)

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Even the most accurate clock in the universe needs to be corrected occasionally or it's just an urban legend. I do like a good time shift story though, some are far less believable yet entertaining to be sure.

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyAnonymous

originally posted by: putnam6The stories about spontaneous combustion are always intriguing, how intense the burned areas seem? and right next to them the area isn't even scorched?

With that said, I too am fascinated with this phenomena. The heat so intense to burn away an individual yet leave parts of a chair or even some body parts and clothing/apparel untouched. The thumbnail pic goes to my ATS picture gallery where I have two examples of such.

No worries and yes that picture was one of the ones that always stuck with me ever since I was a kid. Got no problem with it being a general paranormal thread. EVEN hearing people act like there has been an uptick of paranormal incidences, though I don't see it,

and to bring it full circle, I've seen other message board wild theories about SHC could be a person shifting to other dimensions and or time, but the process is interrupted or damaged.

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
Even the most accurate clock in the universe needs to be corrected occasionally or it's just an urban legend. I do like a good time-shift story though, some are far less believable yet entertaining to be sure.

My default view on most things is paranormal. All it takes is one from all the eyewitness accounts to be true and it exists, doesn't make all the reports true but it has happened. The problem has been following since the 70s and we still don't have a piece of indisputable evidence in any category. We got loads more cases, need solid evidence
edit on 22-6-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
a reply to: beyondknowledge

At a minimum, the plane would be 2.5 degrees of rotation out of position when in reentered normal time.

Time doesn't have a position.

You are saying that the Earth is not moving on space? The exact spot you are in at this moment is not in that same place you will be in 10 minutes, assuming you don't move form that spot. You are moving with the ground.

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge
a reply to: RickyD

If they are linked, how would they be linked to a position on this planet and not a position in the universe?

Also what is the link to 10 minutes? Minutes are an arbitrary measurement of time based on dividing the rotation of the planet. What exactly, time cracks, time eddies, etc..in the universe would understand 10 minutes to be the distance to travel?

Well to be fair, a position on earth is a position in the universe. If we are to assume for minute that this even is real then it suggests a system on which this entire universe works in and its rules. There would be many possible reasons to give on how the plane appeared exactly back on its last coordinates.

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: everyone

You are saying that one property of the universe, time, for some reason failed for 10 minutes but all the other properties and laws continued to work as normal for the plane in question?

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Here you go.

Book of the Damned. published 1919 so it is now public domain.

I understand actual paper books are superior but if you want to glace at the topics and his writing style here is the book.

Charles Fort Book of the Damned

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 08:54 AM
link   

You are saying that one property of the universe, time, for some reason failed for 10 minutes but all the other properties and laws continued to work as normal for the plane in question?

Yes, why not? Of course i do not state this as a matter of fact since no one can claim it to be either or anyway but yes. It would be like any other glitch in any system. It does not have to take down a entire system.

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 08:58 AM
link   

The story is similar to that of Bruce Gernon and the electric fog.

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyAnonymous

I dont think it detracts much from the topic tbh. I have yet to see a theory for this that works considering the intense heat needed to do that sort of damage to a human body is known. Yet nothing explains how it spontaneously occurs and nothing explains why nothing of the direct surroundings have remained unaffected by it.

We had entire buildings burn out because of a burning ash tray but then we also have this.

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman

The story is similar to that of Bruce Gernon and the electric fog.

I dont recognise the name but electric fog sounds familiar.

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Oh i see now why i know it. i read that book

I would need to read up on this part again tho ty.

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 09:05 AM
link   

He was flying a small plane with his father on a flight they had taken many times before to look at property they had purchased in the Bahamas and he said they entered some sort of vortex fog tunnel and apparently made it back to his destination an hour earlier then should have been possible.

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Yes that was it. They where also not the only ones reporting this vortex and a similar experience as a whole.

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman

He was flying a small plane with his father on a flight they had taken many times before to look at property they had purchased in the Bahamas and he said they entered some sort of vortex fog tunnel and apparently made it back to his destination an hour earlier then should have been possible.

I remember that case, it's is an excellent story from what seems to be a credible witness.

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
a reply to: beyondknowledge

At a minimum, the plane would be 2.5 degrees of rotation out of position when in reentered normal time.

Time doesn't have a position.

You are saying that the Earth is not moving on space? The exact spot you are in at this moment is not in that same place you will be in 10 minutes, assuming you don't move form that spot. You are moving with the ground.

Perhaps time and space is irrelevant if you slip into a higher dimension. I can't explain what supposedly happened, it's likely a fake story.

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Having read David Paulides books I have come to the conclusion that everything ("time slips" UFOS, strange creatures, missing people etc. etc.) is the result of another Earth in exactly the same space, Maybe more than one. Can I prove any of it? No. But more and more it points in that direction, no matter how strange or bizarre it seems.

You light a candle and burn a 10 dollar note, the wind blows the candle out and blows the ash of the 10 dollar bill. Now you tell someone what happened and the question will be "prove it, where is the evidence". Only the experiencer actually knows what happened, so the questioner must either accept or reject the scenario because they didn't actually see the action. Ask all you want for eye witnesses or newspaper corroboration but it will still come down to no solid evidence.

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 10:50 AM
link   

a reply to: RickyD

If they are linked, how would they be linked to a position on this planet and not a position in the universe?

Also what is the link to 10 minutes? Minutes are an arbitrary measurement of time based on dividing the rotation of the planet. What exactly, time cracks, time eddies, etc..in the universe would understand 10 minutes to be the distance to travel?

I just wanted to make a small comment for the sake of posterity. I think your reply to that statement is a great example of how minds work differently in people, and why it can be frustrating for either side but those polarizing views are good for us as a whole.

I don't know if you or RickyD are ultimately more "right" but for the sake of argument you both are equally right. I consider RickyD mind as able to somehow understand or see an ending concept or solution, but is totally unable to explain in a cohesive or rational way how to get to that end. That doesn't at all mean that RickyD is incorrect, he could very well be exactly correct. But it doesn't help YOU understand that solution because you need to see the rational steps that lead to it, before you can consider it. RickyD's comment could very well inspire you or someone like you to start looking in that direction simply to prove them wrong if nothing else. Next thing you know, we have a seemingly brilliantly spontaneous breakthrough and addition to our knowledge and understanding of the concept as a whole.

This isn't meant to necessarily use you and RickyD as the ultimate example, but rather just for explanations sake. It's only in my middle age that I have begun to really understand the benefit of all of us being so polar opposite in our thinking on average. We need the "flighty" people capable of imagining from thin air a solution, and the grounded sensible people to make that thing actually come to fruition. The symbiosis in humans is really fascinating at times I think.
edit on 6/22/2022 by sputniksteve because: Posterity not prosperity

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join