It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's do the Time slip again, Plane Said to Vanish, Reappear 10 Minutes Later

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Are they real? who knows? but it's a fun what-if and Ive heard enough stories and Im surprised I haven't heard this one before.

www.theepochtimes.com...

About 40 years ago, a passenger plane is said to have vanished as it pulled in for landing at the National Airport (now known as the Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport).

Emergency crews were quickly called in, the assumption being that the plane had somehow gone off course and perhaps crashed near the airport. As emergency vehicles gathered on the runway where the plane was last seen, it reappeared overhead.

Ten minutes had passed, and the plane reappeared in the precise location it had vanished. The clocks on the plane, including passengers’ watches, were all 10 minutes behind. To the people on the plane, those 10 minutes had never passed. As they looked out on the runway while the plane made its descent, it seemed to them that a group of emergency vehicles appeared out of thin air.

edit on 21-6-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Here's another one and it does remind me of really my first look at the paranormal the Bermuda Triangle and regardless if its been debunked or not here's a time slip flight in Miami not to far from the Devil's Triangle. this one sounds bogus

www.strangerdimensions.com...

What strange anomalies of space and time could account for the brief disappearance of an entire commercial airliner?

In the late 1960s, or perhaps the early 1970s, a bizarre situation is said to have occurred involving a (now defunct) National Airlines 727 during its approach to Miami International Airport. According to the tale, all was normal as the plane and its passengers drew closer to MIA – until, without warning, it completely vanished from radar, and all radio communications ceased.

Ground crews understandably went into a panic.

A plane going off radar could mean only one of a handful of things. An electrical problem interfering with communications. Maybe someone flicked a switch by accident. Or, worse yet, the plane could have crashed.

Ground control sent out an emergency, ordering any other pilots in the sky to look for the missing 727, either in flight or smoldering on the ground below. They sent rescue teams to its last-known location, preparing for the grim inevitability.

But none of that happened. A full 10 minutes later, the plane astonishingly reappeared in the exact same location it had been. Nothing had changed, and no one on board – not the passengers, not the flight attendants, not the pilots – noticed anything strange at all.

Not anything, until they landed and discovered that their watches – and every other “time indicator” on board the aircraft – had fallen exactly 10 minutes behind.

Changing Tales
Over the years, the story of the Boeing 727 as told has changed somewhat, especially online. For example, variations of this story will have different dates – 1960s, 1970s, 1969, 1971. The location, as well, changes – sometimes it’s Miami, sometimes, as in certain variations I’ve seen, the event occurs over an airport in Washington, D.C.

This is a hallmark of a changing urban legend, something along the lines of what they call Chinese whispers. The story, while interesting, is amorphous and difficult to pin down, and the most concrete information we have seems to be from Caidin’s research. Once a story hits the Internet, it has a tendency to evolve.

But that never means a story is necessarily false. We are in Stranger Dimensions, after all. Could it be that such an event actually did occur, but was swept under the rug, so to speak, only to live on in the form of a mysterious urban legend? Did a plane really vanish over Miami in the late 1960s, only to reappear 10 minutes later? What do you believe?

edit on 21-6-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Sure it wasn't Miami? 1970?

news.google.com/newspapers?nid=336&dat=19750324&id=oMxSAAAAIBAJ&sjid=PH8DAAAAIBAJ&pg=5102,5391548&hl=en
edit on 21-6-2022 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 10:16 PM
link   
My biggest problem with these reports is how exactly is the plane supposed to maintain position while time slipping?

The Earth is still rotating, traveling in orbit, traveling along with the Sun through our galaxy. Now, with all that movement, how does it not end up in space or solid ground after a jump of 10 minutes?

At a minimum, the plane would be 2.5 degrees of rotation out of position when in reentered normal time. That is a lot of miles from where it entered the time slip from. The actual distance will vary depending on where on earth it started from.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

Time is relative and we barely understand its physical laws. What if time and space are linked in a way that allows for this?

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

If they are linked, how would they be linked to a position on this planet and not a position in the universe?

Also what is the link to 10 minutes? Minutes are an arbitrary measurement of time based on dividing the rotation of the planet. What exactly, time cracks, time eddies, etc..in the universe would understand 10 minutes to be the distance to travel?

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Nothing can be perfect, it must always have the ability to change if it can"t it becomes obsolete, it must be the same with any simulation a glitch is bound to happen at some time.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Some of this sounds a bit like Arrival with Amy Adams Jeremy Renner and Forest Whitaker really 3 of my favorite actors even if this wasn' the best movie the time not existing plot was really cool.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 11:04 PM
link   

I'm wondering if you've ever read 'The Complete Works of Charles Fort'? It's a collection of some of the strangest stories and events ever recorded, and a fascinating compilation of high strangeness and factual oddities. The records of 'spontaneous human combustion' gave me nightmares for quite some time!

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 11:06 PM
link   

And what if the universe and all within are linked as well. Dark matter comes to mind in that realm.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

I am huge fan of Charles Fort.

If this is actually true we really don’t know how any of it is related since we have a lack of evidence.

Most likely, everything is related tho, all the phenomena.

We are definitely not seeing the whole picture. We were not designed to.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 11:35 PM
link   

At a minimum, the plane would be 2.5 degrees of rotation out of position when in reentered normal time.

Time doesn't have a position.

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

That article is interesting, but it is post-event by 5 years, and written by Charles Berlitz, who had a financial interest in keeping the story known.

What would be the hammer would be to see an article in a Miami (or other) newspaper a day or so after the claimed event.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2
a reply to: infolurker

That article is interesting, but it is post-event by 5 years, and written by Charles Berlitz, who had a financial interest in keeping the story known.

What would be the hammer would be to see an article in a Miami (or other) newspaper a day or so after the claimed event.

Cheers

Yeah and a radar operator that comes out of the closet to spill the beans on what happened in the tower during the event along with a whole # load of testimony from the dozens of ground crew and passangers and pilots that witnessed the event

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 03:50 AM
link   

The plane went MIA as it approached MIA?

Hmmm..

Thanks to your thread title I had to read the first part of the OP in tune with the time warp song and surprisingly it fits.

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79

The plane went MIA as it approached MIA?

Hmmm..

Thanks to your thread title I had to read the first part of the OP in tune with the time warp song and surprisingly it fits.

your wrong
it didn't go missing 10 minutes went missing allegedly

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Guess I'll have to adjust my AIM on the MIA at MIA.

A jump to the right or a step to the left?

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79

Guess I'll have to adjust my AIM on the MIA at MIA.

A jump to the right or a step to the left?

i can make your whiskey go missing in -.01 seconds lets start there when using rotting brains to measure space time continuums, what happens with the empty bottle in the present may shock folks too! Its like anti gaying your favorite brother with reverse butt sex... its #ing confusing

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 04:44 AM
link   

We'll be drinking brandy, beer or wine.

Whiskey tends to bring me out of my timid shell.

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I think it would be prudent to find and have a discourse with the passengers, flight-team and those that claimed to have seen the vanish/re-appear trick. All these years later, perhaps some might have more to share on what they (believe) to have happened.

No one said if the "Blackbox" revealed anything. Even back then before digital recordings, they had the capacity for about 30 minutes of cockpit conversation (and it was on a recording loop). So since were discussing how close it was to the airport for a landing (and including the missing time of 10 minutes).... that still would give ample time for the (supposed) event to have been 'captured'.

That and what did the Radar Tower data/witnesses have to say.

AnyWho.. those would be some aspects I'd be curious about.
Johnny

edit on 6/22/2022 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join