It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Common Ground? What are you. Which are you. A point we cant deny. Really, we are each other.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger
It sounds great… but I feel society is too far gone at this point to come back. One can hope though.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Common ground is something that is earned. One needs to actively learn it. Seems to me these days many people feel as if they're in a rainforest and the only logical conclusion is to slash away and keep moving... There's no common ground when everything wants to kill you.

Kinda like elephant attacks on humans in the not so much wild anymore. Do you feel that? It's hard to argue or reason with so much angst and emotion.

I do try to think twice and I think a common ground is a beautiful thing to strive for, I'm unsure how to go about inspiring it in others though. I'll keep learning and keep trying to keep it positive because that stuff is genuinely a choice... Keep learning to learn because everything is always up for improvement.

If you don't have a tomorrow then make one, tomorrow is about as pointless as any other human construct when you think about it. Yet constructing things is what we do best, we could build a more positive world.

Ultimately though I've got to ask myself what is man. Maybe we're supposed to kill ourselves and everything else, either slowly or absolutely spectacularly. Because all of our deeds have been great and this train and slowing down now.

Choo Choo! We are one but not the same, as many may attest. How do you change that? Is it even right to do so? Isn't that what the holy men did?

Nice thread, I love thought provokers like this. The same string throughout time... Heck maybe someday we'll make a rope!
edit on 21-6-2022 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 07:18 AM
link   
It seems planned and if it's not outright planned, it's encouraged and is so prevalent it might be just part of the human condition. It's probably a flaw that limits the ceiling of our evolution or atleast stunts our progresss

I prescribe Professor Ellwood Peart's treatise spoken by Gary Lee Weinrib entitled Subdivisions in their collection Signals.

Sprawling on the fringes of the city
In geometric order
An insulated border
In between the bright lights
And the far unlit unknown

Growing up it all seems so one-sided
Opinions all provided
The future pre-decided
Detached and subdivided
In the mass production zone

Nowhere is the dreamer
Or the misfit so alone

Subdivisions —
In the high school halls
In the shopping malls
Conform or be cast out
Subdivisions —
In the basement bars
In the backs of cars
Be cool or be cast out
Any escape might help to smooth
The unattractive truth
But the suburbs have no charms to soothe
The restless dreams of youth

Drawn like moths we drift into the city
The timeless old attraction
Cruising for the action
Lit up like a firefly
Just to feel the living night

Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight

Somewhere out of a memory
Of lighted streets on quiet nights…

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 07:58 AM
link   

I’ll do you one better.

When are you?

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

Oh Geez thats nice. But, Im sayin...and I aint got too many years left here...stop. Everybody stop. We need to find a way EACH SIDE has validity without wars and killing each other over them.

Everyone is different. So are you. And him. And her. And they....and....

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

Well, my friend, you are mistaken: we are the HUMAN RACE. And with that you are apparently ahead of it all as I said. More like you is needed! Thats my point. People should listen to...other people. The truth is always around the middle...

Thnx and Good Luck

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Hey MIM! You still biking? Enjoy your scenery there...the US has cloud so trouble brewin here. Still, we're not that bad.

I'd love to see Japan one day.

Stay well...remember your knee n elbow pads for yer blike!

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

Thanx friend. Dont thread much...just when Im twisted bout s'mthin...Best

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

I know not talkin to me but at times I do like your comments.

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

Beautiful. Wonderfully put. The soul is eternal...but we cant get anything done here when we argue about what "clothes" each soul is wearing. This, that and the other. Parties, Colors, Religions.

It is all much greater than that. Thank you for your post again! God Bless

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

Exactly. Im right with you. But, I think that is...the real secret is right when you said "I don't see either side offering that right now."

The secret? Is that there sadly...should be no sides. We just gotta get there somehow.

Best

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Woah. You sound like me in my fringe jacket in the 1960's! You know what? Welcome to the machine. We tried, but the "man' and "it" never stops....

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

I know, not addressing me...but....I had a prof friend who said forget all this gender/color stuff and just call every damn body the single phylum they are.

"Human".

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Somethingsamiss

Sounds fantastical I know, but we need to to find a way. Thats really it. We are all the same. Wont see it sadly in my lifetime.....

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

"If you don't have a tomorrow then make one, tomorrow is about as pointless as any other human construct when you think about it. Yet constructing things is what we do best, we could build a more positive world."
-You

My late brother was a wonderful songwriter...one was called "To You" he wrote for his goofy wife (God, I miss them)....and the words went "To you all Ive got to say! Forget tomorrow! Get through today!"

"Been tellin myself that every day lately....

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 11:50 PM
link   

I ve been into astral travel since the 70's and T. Meditation...one realization is clear: we are all pieces of that rope. Perhaps twisted and knotted in points...but tied together as One.

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

When? Lord have mercy... ALWAYS. I try to be the better person...or at least ...better.

I guess my answer to your whimsical question of "When would I..."? Would be..."Every 21 days. Every. Single. Month."

From the 22nd day....I duck. Thats "when".

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 05:20 AM
link   

I'm about to have dinner then bed.

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 06:07 AM
link   

I still smile seeing others come to the same timeless conclusions independently, often mundane but in an exciting form if you know what's going on.

We're all the same. Going with the analogy we're stronger together too... Disagree and want to remove parts of the rope? Doesn't work metaphorically does it?

All's forgiven in the end apparently, I hope so. Because I suspect intend is more important than rules broke which would put a lot of people up some creek somewhere.

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 09:56 AM
link   

It's all Heart. It's what matters...and Soul.

Same. Everyone.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join