It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The dance --SN2022 --non.writer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 04:11 PM
link   
There was a place in that little town that used to be a hotel, ran by an old woman.
I got a room and later that night was woken by music from the 20s and 30s.
I went down to check and what used to be a ballroom was full of people....I could see right through them. The old lady was sitting in a corner and I went to her. She handed me a glass of wine and said "See those people? "Those were my parents"

We drank wine and watched the ghosts dance.

The End.
edit on 21-6-2022 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Jun 21 2022 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

There was a place in that little town that used to be a hotel, ran by an old man. We got a room and later that night after the hotel bar closed we went to look for a last beer. We found the pubs were closed yet a nightclub was just getting going this being known as the Sand Dancer. We entered, paid our dues, ordered a beer from the bar person. I can remember vsisting the toilets with Jim, meeting some strange Welsh youngsters, then that's it................ Raving on the dancefloor (in our 30's) and what a night. On entering the hotel again we found our room, yet when we entered we suffered from confusion believing the bed ahead was an Olympic trampoline. When we went for breakfast the next morning the landlord seemed a little disturbed, apparently we had lost our key and persuaded a passer by to break in through the windows to get us in, then woke up not only 'our' hotel but the neighbouring hotel too with our Olympic trampoline competition. As we left the hotel we were informed we had received a life time ban from the hotel. I asked to sign the guestbook, the hotelier said "don't bother." Fond memories of a youthful experience in the wonderful Welsh resort of Barmouth

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Thanks for your submission

If you want this to be a part of the Contest.. You must link the story here inside the Official Short Story Contest thread. It helps the membership promptly get to your story... and it's also how staff is able to know who is to be eligible. And after that your good to go!

...and I'll wish you Good Luck now!
Johnny

edit on 6/22/2022 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

A neat tale that makes which performer from the era is present as one of the ghosts.

new topics

top topics

join