It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston Globe pushing Trump's PR is a major disaster to 'American Democracy'. No! we are a REPUBLIC!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Senate officials think that Trump is a public disaster yet instead of doing anything 'about it'' they keep on promoting idealogies that conflict directly with American values. They seem to literally WANT the US Constitution gone and Trump was a thorn to the side! www.bostonglobe.com...

I don't get why they still pick on him. I don't like him personally but I stand by his stances against China and Chinese censorship in our schools/media/digital world.etc. He's the only one willing to stand up beyond just words. Pretty much they all put a huge
to it.
edit on 21-6-2022 by SortingHat because: I posted with the notice accidently:
That's why 'The system held but barely' because nobody would work with him. How did they expect anything to get done if nobody would work with him to stand up against China?
edit on 21-6-2022 by SortingHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I don't know how this posted before I got a chance to type my thread in. Dammit. Anything I can do to fix this error or am I sunk?

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: SortingHat

you have 2 hrs to edit it.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

I already did but thanks. Other forums would've banned me or put me on mod preview for something simple like this.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 02:39 PM
link   

I see some people that publish things don't know the pledge of allegiance. "and to the Republic for which it stands."

Just for information. If you do multiple edits, you can remove all the edit lines at the bottom except the last one. It puts an edit line on when you hit the edit button to finish.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 02:43 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Trump is being used as a whipping post for the 2022 and 2024 elections.

Nobody's got any real issues to claim credit for except Trump successes.

😀

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 03:54 PM
link   

The US Constitution does not mention the words "democracy" or democrat".

It does mention "republican" just once.

However, the Constitution mentions the word "vote" 36 times, and "the people" 10 times, and "majority" 14 times. So those are very specific to a democracy.

And then we come to the issue of how very general and unremarkable 'republican' type governments are:

List of countries by date of transition to republican system of government From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

By definition, a republic is where supreme power is held by the people and their elected representatives. So, in fact being a republic does incorporate democracy.

You cannot claim that the USA is a republic and also not a democracy.

edit on 21/6/2022 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Democrat : Democracy : Mob Rule.
Does that explain everything ?

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 04:33 PM
link   
"In practice, the word “republic” has the same meaning as the term “representative democracy.” And a representative democracy is a form of democracy in the same way that a Granny Smith apple is a form of apple. We wouldn’t say it’s inaccurate to use “apple” to describe a Granny Smith apple, so it’s OK to follow in the footsteps of Jefferson, Adams, Webster, and Chief Justice Marshall and simply call our “representative democracy” a “democracy.”

But it’s also accurate to call the United States a “republic.” It’s mostly about your preference of words. Hopefully, this post will help lower the heat in the online debate. Let’s put our energy toward working to fix our government so it represents the people!"

This is how I see it.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 04:41 PM
link   

" Senate officials "

SOURCES ?

If None are Provided then they must be ASSumed Fictitious .

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Like a kid at Christmas, I can’t wait until midterms. I want to see the Dem’s get their collective asses kicked.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 05:15 PM
link   
the U.S. is a Constitutional Republic, it could be also be considered a Democratic Constitutional Republic.

on the federal level laws and amendments are passed by elected officials who are suppose to follow guidelines in put forth in the constitution.

on a state and local level many states if not all, some are voted on by both the elected officials, and by the public.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

" and by the public. "

Yes , AKA WE THE PEOPLE . The Ultimate Arbitrators that Determines the Direction of American Politics at ANY Given Time , and Not their Elected EMPLOYEES Personal Wishes by LAW .
edit on 21-6-2022 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

The US Constitution does not mention the words "democracy" or democrat".

It does mention "republican" just once.

However, the Constitution mentions the word "vote" 36 times, and "the people" 10 times, and "majority" 14 times. So those are very specific to a democracy.

And then we come to the issue of how very general and unremarkable 'republican' type governments are:

List of countries by date of transition to republican system of government From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

By definition, a republic is where supreme power is held by the people and their elected representatives. So, in fact being a republic does incorporate democracy.

You cannot claim that the USA is a republic and also not a democracy.

"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God , indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
"In practice, the word “republic” has the same meaning as the term “representative democracy.” And a representative democracy is a form of democracy in the same way that a Granny Smith apple is a form of apple. We wouldn’t say it’s inaccurate to use “apple” to describe a Granny Smith apple, so it’s OK to follow in the footsteps of Jefferson, Adams, Webster, and Chief Justice Marshall and simply call our “representative democracy” a “democracy.”

But it’s also accurate to call the United States a “republic.” It’s mostly about your preference of words. Hopefully, this post will help lower the heat in the online debate. Let’s put our energy toward working to fix our government so it represents the people!"

This is how I see it.

How you see it? More like uncredited direct quote.

act.represent.us...

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Artlogic

Nice catch. I was about to comment that the concerned member's account has very likely been highjacked.

Not sounding like his regular pearls of wisdom at all.

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

Seemed an odd post for that particular clown.

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Artlogic

originally posted by: MiddleInsite

This is how I see it.

How you see it? More like uncredited direct quote.

act.represent.us...

WOW, You truly caught him with his pants down there. I will now never ever trust anything the he posts here ever again. I already distrusted him but after seeing with my own eyes what he does here...

wow

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 08:48 AM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join