It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Monsters. A 1975 Documentary

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Below is a documentary I found that came out before most of us on here were born. A time before the internet was around to help sweep mysteries under the rug, and a time when this country wasn't so politicized. This documentary covers the mysteries behind Bigfoot, the Loch Ness Monster, and the Yeti. In the first 30 minutes, the producer goes over all three monsters and then dives into the eye witness accounts and speaks to the skeptics of those times, scientists, so he can try to find what he needs to prove them wrong. The entire documentary is 1 hr and 30 min, if you're into this kind of thing, I hope you enjoy it. It's a good reprieve from all the political BS right now.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Cool! I will watch it later..I was alive at the time it came out..who knows, as I kid I might of seen it, loved In Search Of, that kinda thing.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Gonna watch this for sure I don't know how I missed it back then, thanks!

Here's another in docu-drama style from 1972 that freaked me out as a pre-teen -

Full-length feature PPV is available HERE

It was a "G" rated movie back then, no way it would get that rating today LOL

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 03:11 PM
link   
OP I think I saw that in theater as a kid
good stuff

'Boggy Creek' is a fiction based on fact.
I think the same guy did 'Town That Dreaded Sundown'. Dawn Wells (Gilligan's 'Mary Anne') was in that, as well as the Boggy Creek sequel, which was straight fiction.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

Gonna watch this for sure I don't know how I missed it back then, thanks!

Here's another in docu-drama style from 1972 that freaked me out as a pre-teen -

Full-length feature PPV is available HERE

It was a "G" rated movie back then, no way it would get that rating today LOL

Funny, I was reminiscing about that a few weeks ago. Legend Of Boggy Creek, kinda scared me a bit, but I liked that, was an effective movie for being low budget

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Great post! I love films like that!! Thanks !!a reply to: LSU2018

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
Cool! I will watch it later..I was alive at the time it came out..who knows, as I kid I might of seen it, loved In Search Of, that kinda thing.

I didn't come about until '79 but I love stuff like this... Funny you mention "In Search Of", that's what I'm watching right now.

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

I grew up a huge Boggy Creek fan. My uncle's buddy that served in Vietnam with him was in that movie. I've passed through Fouke many times but their old Bigfoot store seems to fade more and more. Last time I went through there was 2010 and sadly, it looked nearly abandoned.

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero
OP I think I saw that in theater as a kid
good stuff

'Boggy Creek' is a fiction based on fact.
I think the same guy did 'Town That Dreaded Sundown'. Dawn Wells (Gilligan's 'Mary Anne') was in that, as well as the Boggy Creek sequel, which was straight fiction.

Perhaps, but the music and narration put a certain type of creep factor into that movie that still makes it enjoyable today.

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Ha..too funny, but awesome!

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I saw Mysterious Monsters in the theater as a child. A group of us went as a birthday outing for my buddy. Seeing the speed boat disintegrate on Loch Ness was shocking to these young eyes. The re-enactment of the front door being opened with Bigfoot standing there looking in, all perplexed cause a few of us to ooh and ahhh. I loved the "mysterious" background music that played intermittently throughout the film.

Not long after I purchased the paperback Mysterious Monsters. The movie and the book stoked my interest no end towards these cryptids.

Good times.

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: BiffTannen

I wanted to see "The Legend of Boggy Creek" when I was young, but my parents wouldn't take me to the cinema. And all these years since, I've never managed to see it

Cheers
edit on 24-6-2022 by F2d5thCavv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2022 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2
a reply to: BiffTannen

I wanted to see "The Legend of Boggy Creek" when I was young, but my parents wouldn't take me to the cinema. And all these years since, I've never managed to see it

Cheers

Have you watched this? It is in my list of movies I need to watch

posted on Aug, 4 2022 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Betthoi

Yes, its worth the watch .I saw it way back, maybe 20 years ago.

posted on Aug, 4 2022 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Below is a documentary I found that came out before most of us on here were born.

Hey can ya ease up a little bit there amigo? Cheezus

The entire documentary is 1 hr and 30 min, if you're into this kind of thing, I hope you enjoy it. It's a good reprieve from all the political BS right now.

I'm interested to know if it's one haven't seen.
I constantly looked for this stuff as a youngster. Thanks for the share

edit on 4-8-2022 by Randyvine2 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join