It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pan Rose Up SN2022

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2022 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Stewart was three miles in on a narrowing trail when he realized something was wrong. On his face flashed abject fear; helplessness, fragility. A thick silence had blanketed the woods. He glanced around quickly as if to spot a predator and saw the trail behind him gone; the forest had completely engulfed and erased the path he’d just trodden. Dense undergrowth covered the floor.

As he puzzled over this latest revelation, something rose out of the brush and loomed: obscene, horned, devilishly grinning in bestial dominance.

When Stewart turned back around he discovered the true definition of the word panic.

The End

edit on 19-6-2022 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2022 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Thanks for your submission,

Good Luck in the Contest!
Johnny

posted on Jun, 20 2022 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Thanks Zos.

One thing I've noticed in the woods is that one doesn't have to go far off a trail to encounter entirely different conditions. It can be disorienting.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 20 2022 @ 02:45 PM
link   

That's terrifying, zosimov!

Knowing he can't go back doesn't leave many options... every adventurer's worst nightmare.

posted on Jun, 26 2022 @ 07:16 AM
link   

That moment is one of the truest and intense moments when we loose reference to our world and the path's we take, we face our inner utmost fears.

You wrapped that up really good in that one.

posted on Jun, 26 2022 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

Love this interpretation, TDDA!

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 06:51 AM
link   

I like how the reader is left to ponder how they would panic in their localised environments.

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: xpert11

I credit the hundred word limit with the cliffhanger ending, but agree that it leaves the reader to fend for him/herself!

Missing 411/ unexplained phenomena in the woods really creeps me out.

top topics

join