It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Stephen King expose himself?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2022 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Me too and also Peter Straub books ( Ghost Story was great ). I have read few King´s books pet cemetary was boring but i liked Black Tower series, Firestarter was better as a book but i enjoyed the Mist more as a movie ( John Carpenter version ).

posted on Jun, 18 2022 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: thelastman

Dontcha know, Mr. Bachman visited a little new thrift store in Maine called Needful Things, whereupon the proprietor gave him a used typewriter he could control with his mind and a pen with the name "Stephen King" inscribed on it.

The rest is history.

posted on Jun, 18 2022 @ 09:34 AM
link   

The Dark Tower series is phenomenal, one of my favorites.

But I mostly read literature and nonfiction.

(post by YouSir removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 18 2022 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I'm not reading all that where's the tldr

posted on Jun, 18 2022 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Well, I said mostly for a reason. I think he's one you either like or you don't. I do happen to like both The Stand and It, but that's about the extent of my liking for Stephen King unless you're talking about the movies. Then I will watch it more than I can stand to read it.

But ...

I feel the same about Tolkien honestly. I've plugged through The Hobbit a few times, but I've never been able to get hooked into The Lord of the Rings. I love the movies though.

posted on Jun, 19 2022 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Is it okay to confess I don't read anything at all except inane comments on internet forums?

posted on Jun, 19 2022 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: putnam6

Well, I said mostly for a reason. I think he's one you either like or you don't. I do happen to like both The Stand and It, but that's about the extent of my liking for Stephen King unless you're talking about the movies. Then I will watch it more than I can stand to read it.

But ...

I feel the same about Tolkien honestly. I've plugged through The Hobbit a few times, but I've never been able to get hooked into The Lord of the Rings. I love the movies though.

You are indeed correct, it's divided and FWIW with his and there is a division between those that prefer his older works nd feel like his later stories aren't as legendary.

LOL I had loads of friends into Tolkien and LOTR too, and I want to read and watch the movies but I haven't. When I try I can't get through it.

PS

I apologize if I sounded rude previously, LOL im on the 3rd day of fasting and I'll be writing something and if I walk away just a bit I lose my train of thought. Thus a few of my posts over the last day or 2 seem a little more disjointed and poorly worded than my normally disjointed posts.

edit on 19-6-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join