It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Archaeologists find one of the largest ever Anglo-Saxon burial sites

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2022 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune

originally posted by: LABTECH767

no one has complained.....yet

Sorry been elsewhere, you are entitled to your own belief as are we.

I personally believe there is definitely something however.

Let's put it this way, Conservation of energy, energy may change state but does it ever get destroyed?, is consciousness a form or Energy?.

There are many claims that Mind AFFECTS reality but it is still not emphatically proven to be the case however I do believe it is true and that suggests if so that the mind, the consciousness is able to somehow move levers that affect states of reality we simply can not quantify in our materialistic view of the universe.

posted on Jun, 25 2022 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune

no one has complained.....yet

Sorry been elsewhere, you are entitled to your own belief as are we.

I personally believe there is definitely something however.

Let's put it this way, Conservation of energy, energy may change state but does it ever get destroyed?, is consciousness a form or Energy?.

There are many claims that Mind AFFECTS reality but it is still not emphatically proven to be the case however I do believe it is true and that suggests if so that the mind, the consciousness is able to somehow move levers that affect states of reality we simply can not quantify in our materialistic view of the universe.

When a organic bodies dies the electricity or energy it produces ceases to be produces and simply ceases to be. That is why they call brain death based on the cessation of electrical activity in the brain.

posted on Jun, 26 2022 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Hanslune

I 'Assume' that you have never experienced anything paranormal in your life OR that you put it down to some drug's you may have or may not have dabbled in while at college or something OR just hallucination.

And you are free to make that choice and to believe what you have.

But when you have experienced something along with OTHER people at the same time, seen objects move of there own accord for example (and not because of some Svengali wannabe sitting there bow legged staring at it) and you accept that the whole idea of a mass hallucination which is basically impossible will not wash as an explanation any more than Swamp Gas will explain a Judges windmill and a small not very human looking pilot being buried in the US back in the late 1800's then you have to come to the conclusion that when all other explanations have been exhausted (and yes I did spell that with a letter H and I pronounce it when I say it, it is an old spelling and one that I default to) the only remaining explanation in good old fashioned Conan Doyle's words.

But hey it's subjective, you can not disprove my belief and yet I can point out that there is at least anecdotal evidence I am correct and then add into that the experiments carried out by Doctors in hospitals to study out of body experiences and then the whole it's all in your brain bit becomes a bit inane to say the least.

Still personal belief.

posted on Jun, 27 2022 @ 04:36 PM
link   

a reply to: Hanslune

Still personal belief.

Yep it sure is and one I don't share with you. However, no detectable energy remains in dead bodies. No one can detect a 'soul', and as noted the planet must be saturated with 100+ billions of said energy souls if you are correct. Doing what exactly? What exactly would you believe a Homo Erectus would do in the afterlife?

posted on Jun, 27 2022 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
a reply to: LABTECH767

"Prima Nocta"; the first night with a bride as a lord has been debunked. Most if not all references are from later centuries.

en.wikipedia.org...

The only debunking was an established right of the lord, not that the lord didn't take whoever he pleased whenever he pleased.

Harte

posted on Jun, 27 2022 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Energy after death is dissipated the same way as it is in life - by heat exchange with the surroundings.

Harte

posted on Jun, 27 2022 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

Energy after death is dissipated the same way as it is in life - by heat exchange with the surroundings.

Harte

Eloquent

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Harte

Of course, it just wasn't "Institutionalized rape" but Im sure it happened occasionally.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join