It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sandwich

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 11:47 AM
link   
What is your favorite sandwich? The economy is challenging right now and so are the food prices; a homemade sandwich can be healthy, fun and good; throw in a sliced apple...hey a meal!

My favorite sandwich is bread toasted, mayo, lettuce, tomato, onion and tuna; yummy good for you.

There are so many variations...hey you vegans I would love to hear from you too.

Nutrition is our fuel...we must have food.

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: alexandrae
What is your favorite sandwich? The economy is challenging right now and so are the food prices; a homemade sandwich can be healthy, fun and good; throw in a sliced apple...hey a meal!

My favorite sandwich is bread toasted, mayo, lettuce, tomato, onion and tuna; yummy good for you.

There are so many variations...hey you vegans I would love to hear from you too.

Nutrition is our fuel...we must have food.

Is a burrito a sandwich? It's not flat but it has the spirit of a sandwich. Personally I like hashbrowns, bacon and green chili from the 7/ll. At home...refried beans and cheeze with a 40oz of Mad Dog to wash it down. When I'm feeling really crazy, I make peanut butter and jelly burritos; I prefer a nice tortilla to a slice of bread any day. And I'm white bread gringo clear to the bone.

S&F for the non political thread.
edit on 17-6-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: alexandrae

Foccacia, Caesar dressing one side, Dijon otherside, grilled chicken breast about half a breast sliced, red onions, sundried tomatoes, bacon, Asiago cheese, Lettuce.

One of my favorites.

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 12:04 PM
link   
BLT on toast with miracle Whip. That is by far my favorite sandwich. I am not including burgers or tacos into this classification, they are not really sandwiches per se. Remember, I rarely have these which means they are not common, so they stay on top of the list of sandwiches I like the most.

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Red beets with cream cheese on whole grain.
Yes I am that kind of person, but it's really great.

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I have started grilling small Angus sirloin steaks. Just sprinkle some garlic salt and minced onion on before grilling. Toase two slices of bread on the grill when the steak is done. Add a slice of cheese and there you have it.

I get four steaks in a pack for less than 10 dollars. I figure with drink and some side dish it is still just over $3. You can't get just a hamburger for that.

I don't buy gas or charcoal. I make my own lump coal from wood. It works great in a regular grill as long as you use a small USB fan to keep it burning.

I guess you could call it a forged steak sandwich as the coal and technique are adapted from forging.

This also works great for smoked sausages and Angus beef hotdogs.

I am working on some cheap salid but something keeps eating the leaves off my garden plants.

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 12:22 PM
link   
There are so many good sandwiches, it's hard to pick a favorite.
I love a good deli-style sandwich. It can have Italian meats, turkey, or roast beef. Add lettuce, tomato, onion, etc. Next, a good cheese.
A good Reuben sandwich is amazing. Then there's the BLT! OMG. The grilled cheese sandwich! The French dip!

I made these recently, following this recipe. (even the capers) Great tuna melt recipe

Here's a huge database of sandwich recipes.

edit on 17-6-2022 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 12:48 PM
link   
around here we get the big ripe tomatoes starting mid July
they make great BLTs

a real Ruben is nice

Arby's French Dip is my fave fast-food sandwich

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 12:57 PM
link   
hands down, a good BLT. lightly toasted bread, olive oil mayonnaise, lettuce ,tomato and duroc breed bacon mmmm

second best....this sandwich from the French place: baguette, butter, brie cheese, and prosciutto.

third place...turkey bacon club.

edit on 17/6/2022 by chris_stibrany because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 12:57 PM
link   
My favourite sandwich is Vegemite and Cheese. I used to buy Coon cheese but the brand decided to change the name recently to appease leftist activist consumers ( that probably didnt even eat Coon cheese to begin with ) so I switched to Bega. It made further sense to switch from Coon after I realized that they are not even an Australian company - they are owned by a Canadian. I always thought it was Australian before all the name changing nonsense was in the media. And I actually visited the Bega Cheese factory in Bega when I was a kid on an excursion with my school to the South Coast (NSW).

Since Im kind of lazy though what I mostly do is just put a piece of Bega cheese between two pieces of white bread with no butter/margarine ( Or Vegemite ). And I dont use a plate. Its the perfect quick and no mess snack. Better with Vegemite though. If I can be bothered spreading the Vegemite and am willing to dirty a butter knife I still dont use butter/margarine - the cheese kind of acts as that. You can pretty much wipe all of the Vegemite from the butter knife onto the bread and just use it again if you want to though. I dont like to spend a lot of time on food preparation. Or cleaning up.

edit on 17-6-2022 by thelastman because: (no reason given)

edit - The stupid thing about it is that Coon was the surname of the guy that founded the Canadian cheese company - it wasnt called Coon cheese to make fun of Aboriginals. We dont even have racoons in Australia. Ha.

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 01:06 PM
link   

When I was a kid, Mom used to make a slice of bread with butter and Nutella.

Every once in a while, I still enjoy those; they are great with a cup of black coffee.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Now that I am 'old' I can't really have nutella anymore, I feel too guilty.
When I was a kid my favourite sandwich was just a plain nutella sandwhich . Then I found if you leave it in the fridge you can have it more like a chocolate sandwhich which was interesting....made it have a less nutty flavour.

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Slow cooked long pork with a nice stem cell aioli on toasted ciabatta.

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I just read all of your favorites...I haven't had lunch yet and I just may try one.

Thanks for your responses...life can still be fun!

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 01:36 PM
link   
These jokes are so often now, that they aren't jokes anymore - they're confessions.

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 01:37 PM
link   
sandwiches, fuk yeah. comin again to save the mutha fukin world yeah

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 01:37 PM
link   
that's very unique and sounds really tasty.

a reply to: strongfp

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 01:40 PM
link   

2 slices of unbuttered bread, cheese, 5kg of lettuce, a few slices of tomato. maybe 20 grinds of pepper. not much else.. squish it down, I'm happy

tuna? bleurgh... tuna burps for the whole day.. O.o
edit on 17-6-2022 by jerich0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a thin layer mayo on the bottom, prosciutto rolled up, side by side on untoasted white bread, mild & creamy Mürritzer cheese on top, a sliced hard boiled egg, then spread self made curry & fresh ground black pepper ketchup on the top slice.

Before I assemble it, I heat up the prosciutto and cheese in a small pan to the point it's a bit warm and the cheese starts to melt.

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

Maybe?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join