It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There are ONLY 3, maybe 4 genders, but there are multiple types of sexual identies.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2022 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

I'm proud of the fact I don't need the government and corporations validating my sexuality.

Good for you. The gay community did. It took the Supreme Court to rule that same sex couples could get married.

There's nothing wrong with whatever your sexuality is.

There's a whole lotta people that disagree with you on that, many right here on ATS.

posted on Jun, 16 2022 @ 10:30 PM
link   
When everyone is special, no one will be.

posted on Jun, 16 2022 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Can we ask how western companies are promoting the pride month marketing in the ME as an example or is that a line in the sand?

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

I'm proud of the fact I don't need the government and corporations validating my sexuality.

Good for you. The gay community did. It took the Supreme Court to rule that same sex couples could get married.

No, they didn't. They were no more gay after that ruling than before. Lesbians didn't level up to be more lesbian.

That's not sexuality and it doesn't validate it.

This still doesn't explain how it's okay for dissimilar groups to be stuck together for the convenience of labeling them. It's offensive and is being promoted as progressive. It's not, it reduces people to memes. It's as offensive as grouping all non-whites together, as if they don't have independent fears and hopes for their communities. They're just colors under a banner, not people.

We've had a couple years of progressive "awareness" and the people pushing it don't seem to know the difference between drag and trans, nor do most of the clowns outside the communities. They're perpetuating a 50 year old ignorant myth that actual trans people had to fight against, and still do apparently. Awareness and pride don't seem to be effective for anything except corporate and political pandering in present day US.

There's a whole lotta people that disagree with you on that, many right here on ATS.

How does that cause me shame and why should I feel pride for ignoring their opinion?

Ignoring their opinion is the proper adult action. I can debate it and try to change their mind, but most people that are of that opinion aren't going to change. People on this forum have no say in what I do with my genitals with other consenting adults. I am not proud for having beaten a powerless foe. The haters gonna hate. They're all over the Internet.

I have no problem with events. I think calling it pride is a dated concept and silly, but people can name their events and pride is an established term. I have a problem with it being co-opted by the media, corporations, and whoever wants clout on socials. It's not authentic. I just don't like lies no matter how flattering they try to be. I'm offended that they're trying to promote adult fetish culture to children via these events. It actually does make me feel shame and I find it hard to believe that this isn't a small minority in the community that supports this, with everybody else being told to fall in line or be excommunicated.

It sounds to me like you were answering for what you think and have been told people in that community feel. Even if it came from somebody in that community they speak only for themselves, not everybody. It also seems like you assume I can't be a part of that community because of my opinions. That's very illiberal. This is kinda my whole point here playing out in our exchange.

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: fastfred

There are multiple personality types. Doesn’t mean they are all healthy, desirable, nor beneficial.
edit on 17-6-2022 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 04:09 AM
link   

No, they didn't.

Yes they did. Same sex couples couldn't be legally recognized as married and enjoy all the spousal benefits of marriage before the Supreme Court ruled they could in 2015.

That's not sexuality and it doesn't validate it.

Of course it is, and yes, the ruling validated their sexuality.

And, good for you for noting that the SCOTUS ruling didn't create more gay and lesbian people, it just allowed more gay and lesbian people to come out publicly in society, free from shamed.

How does that cause me shame and why should I feel pride for ignoring their opinion?

I have no idea what makes you feel shame or pride. But, this forum has nothing to do with society's projection of shame upon homosexuals and transexuals.

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: fastfred
a reply to: putnam6

I'll buy that...but some choose that identity they will argue. Then others will say it wasn't a choice, I was born this way, but my "hardware" was wrong. With some you just can't win. But I like your statement about building your identity around your achievements.

ff

It's cause they have to, most times people dealing with this, leave the first team they are on, their family. No wonder they feel lost and alone it's how they start their life. Wrapped around the "Im different" all it takes is a little social anxiety and bad habits start to form.

The most well-adjusted and already integrated into society are persons that probably had better family situations early on.

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz
XY Men
XX Women

What about XXY and XYY?

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

You are wrong google Klinefelter syndrome these people have extra X chromosome , these are men. There is also triple X syndrome when girl has extra x chromosome. Klinefelter men don´t look much different than XY they do have some femine look in them and many do not know they have it unless they are tested.

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Proud of what?

Proud of not being ashamed.

Ummm... proud...of not being ashamed...?

Why not just...not be ashamed...?

And...ashamed of what...?

That would intimate...that their intimate thoughts on self...expressed an indecent nature...inducing shame...

A healthy mind would not be subject to concern for what others might think or say about any overt non conformist expression...

No pride required...no need to flaunt inner or external expression as a defense mechanism to assuage self guilt either...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Sure, they could have chosen "Not Ashamed" as their slogan. And we could be celebrating "Not Ashamed" month. Maybe the Trans community can adopt the slogan "Not a Groomer"!

But "Pride" is a little more powerful in combatting the shame that society uses as a tool to keep people in line and LGBT people closeted.

edit on 17-6-2022 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 10:22 AM
link   

TWO genders

XY Men
XX Women
SCIENCE !! Verifiable, measurable repeatable SCIENCE !!

Why are some XY men attracted to men, not women?
What some XX women attracted to women, not men?

What does Verifiable, measurable repeatable SCIENCE say about that?

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Dude wanted to rant, what's up yours?

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Gays don't even know what all this lbgt2s1qsqb+ stuff is. Haven't a clue. I called dibs on parenthesis if they get around to throwing them in. Folks are being encouraged to sign up for that bandwagon even without knowing what half that crap stands for. I's a very large net and it keeps getting bigger. It's widely promoted in the fake news gay press as is the list of fetishes they try to pass of as a gender spectrum. I wonder who is casting that net and what will ultimately be done with that haul. Nothing good will come of it. It stinks of more than marketing strategy.

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha
You don't know what makes me feel pride or shame but you had no problem answering for me on both counts. Maybe you should, I don't know, listen? If you feel entitled to speak for me maybe you could do me that minor kindness? What you're doing now is being a gatekeeper and spokesperson for a community you don't appear to be a part of.

Marriage is not sexuality, period. It doesn't validate anything. If you want to feel validated by government approved tax shelters that's fine, but that's on you. Filing jointly didn't validate anybodies sexuality. It didn't stop the disowning by families, physical abuse, emotional torment, or the disproportionately high murder rate people in this class suffer simply for being a member of that class.

Liberal expertise ends at stereotypes and logos. You're asked about pride and can frame it no other way than a negative lens, shame. You think we're so weak and pathetic the SCOTUS validated our sexuality. Your liberal bs has indoctrinated you to think my sexuality is somehow a gift the DNC gave me. I'm supposed to swear fealty for this gift I've been given and become part of your hive mind.

I'm not a victim and won't allow the progressive movement to make me one.

How silly of me to think it mattered, that spending time and effort on a post would be a worthwhile endeavor to expand your thinking beyond the shallow platitudes. I thought you were more than a political platform drone and that glimpses of a person capable of reflection shined through in some posts. It was dumb and I should know better. It's a liberal cause, of course the people "saved" don't get a say. I'm just supposed to be grateful for it and keep my mouth shut.

I'm sorry I don't feel the necessary amount of shame to then adequately feel the necessary amount of pride. I know you desperately wanted me to feel shame so that you could save me from it. Progressives seem to believe that without feelings of guilt, shame, and remorse to blame on others, somehow I'm not whole. Maybe if you tell me how I should feel a bit more I can get on track for living up to your expectations and the wider expectations of the DNC.

Until then I guess I need to just go back to being a convenient logo with no voice, identity, or rights to my own feelings. You know, the liberal version of utopia where I can be anything I want just so long as it's exactly what they say.

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 05:31 PM
link   

You don't know what makes me feel pride or shame but you had no problem answering for me on both counts.

I didn't answer for you or speak for you. I have no idea what makes you feel shame or pride.

Marriage is not sexuality, period.

LOL Marriage has everything to do with sexuality.

I'm not a victim and won't allow the progressive movement to make me one.

I never said you were.

I'm sorry I don't feel the necessary amount of shame to then adequately feel the necessary amount of pride.

You are not the topic of this thread, nor were you the topic of my posts. Shame is a tool society uses to keep people in their place and LGBT people closeted. Pride is the opposite of shame, and the moniker slogan that the LGBT community to express their activism as far back as the 1960s.

Don't like "pride"? Not my problem.

ETA: If you are a gay man, then your right to be a gay man in today's society was won by the activists that came before you, fighting for the right not to be imprisoned or institutionalized, beaten up and alienated from society for being homosexual. You're standing on shoulders of giants and mocking the fight they fought for you to be a free gay man.

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ConcernedCanadian

I'll agree that they seem to be labeling fetishes as a new gender type. It's not.

But there are really at least three types of genders or sexes (biological).

xx = female

xy = male

xxx/xyx/xyy = mix or inter-sex type (happens about 2% of the time...same % as red-heads in world population)

And I'm not talking about deformed genitals of some sort. This is about your genes, and their expression. Now through environment, or possibly disease or some other as yet TBD factor, some individuals sexual orientation may differ from their biological presentation.

Now, to be clear by what I meant about disease, was that maybe it could have caused some kind of mental change that caused the sexual orientation change. Brain trauma of some sort has been known to cause behavioral changes. So, maybe...???

I think I'm only okay with LGBTX why a Q, should already be covered by the others. isn't Q just a fetish then? IDK

[full disclosure, married hetro. Have L & G friends]

Have a good weekend, and don't stress life too much. It's...TGIF, have a

ff

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 07:31 PM
link   

TWO genders

XY Men
XX Women
SCIENCE !! Verifiable, measurable repeatable SCIENCE !!

Why are some XY men attracted to men, not women?
What some XX women attracted to women, not men?

What does Verifiable, measurable repeatable SCIENCE say about that?

Whether some XY are attracted to other XY (or XX - XX) does not magically change their biology as defined by SCIENCE:
- does not change their muscle/bone ratio
- does not change their muscle distribution
- does not change their fat distribution
- does not change their tendency for osteoporosis to that of XX
- does not artificially make them sterile
- does not condemn them to be dependent for the rest of their lives on externally admninistered hormones

I could go on
Too obvious

Are you really that thick not to see the obvious ?

ATS - Deny IGNORANCE

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Whether some XY are attracted to other XY (or XX - XX) does not magically change their biology as defined by SCIENCE:

That doesn't answer my question. WHY are some men not attracted to women, but are attracted to men? Where's the verifiable science?

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: M5xaz
XY Men
XX Women

What about XXY and XYY?

Those are extremely rare but true, scientifically provable anomalies where they have both reproductive organs in some cases.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join