It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hardball

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2022 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I was a 9-10 years old, when I saw him I said: "wow, that dude can really hit a HR" and he hit one after saying those words and I became a Canseco fan, no regrets. I began playing baseball and later basketball, while watching a game I said "if someone makes a dunk, then God exists", a dunk was done, I began to celebrate but forgot about God. Then I started to play basketball when my shots were able to reach the rim and became a Kemp/Payton/Pierce and a Sonics fan, I miss them Sonics even when they couldn't win it all. Then it was Barkley because I was one of those that took it personal with Mike but whenever we watched his promo tape we would end up playing basketball, I was a child during the Bad boy era and later could understand why he took it personal.

American football is great but I wasn't into it that much (Super Bowls only), but whenever it was raining we would play and it was always fun. The same with football(soccer) a sport for "gays", the feel that I got because of all the highlights, I could only see the diving. I used to skip all of those matches because I couldn't understand the rules, but it was always kind of saying: "look at me".

While skipping their Glory days, I was too busy with the Yankees because "El Indio" Sierra got me back into baseball, he wasn't part of their Glory days but I stuck with them. Loved the whole organization, almost watched all of them games, watched David's perfect game and saw how the Red Sox's did the impossible with Ketchup Schilling.

Around my birthday I said God "you know what I want as a gift", I saw how they got them with Tim Wakefield. They were having such a blast that they forgot something about Baseball and lost 4 straight ending the "curse". I could feel it coming but suddenly remember of an "inside joke" that I made the year before about how Babe Ruth infiltrated the archives of heaven because I didn't like our chances against Pedro and then Boone.

When they beat us, the stadium was silent, I was home alone, I stand up and began to clap, wondering if those were the average Yankee fan. Then I saw the same in Puerto Rico when Cuba beat us. Then it was football but around 2006, got stuck with the Gunners because of Henry but always regret skipping all those matches and that awesome team. That doesn't mean that I didn't enjoy the post-Henry era or watching those awful challenges that they got, but that's in the past.

I saw a pitcher last year, crying because his dad was gone and he had the feeling that his dad was watching in Heaven. He loves to trigger "my caveman" genes and he made me feel that they were sad because I know that they worked hard to get there. Yesterday I told him, I don't need to fight with you anymore like the night before, now I know, please let me sleep, but he kept me awake with the "laser disco" that he haves in my mouth, but I didn't complain that much because it's when he wants.

I also regret missing out Inside the NBA because they gave me a lot of joy when I didn't feel like laughing. I want to thank "the chat" that rules over one streamer that's really funny in the land of the "Starship Troopers".

posted on Jun, 16 2022 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I love the story, i played multiple sports growing up, and I'm from close to Boston so those are my teams! I'm just not sure if this is just you trying to get steam off your chest or if there is supposed to be a deeper connection. It seems like there's a climax but no ending lol

join