It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Threshold-SN2022

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2022 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Crouching, it watched while she slept, and in her dreams she lost something vital. The thing in the corner grew blacker, solidified.

She woke, sitting up with a gasp, the whites of her eyes gleamed, her hands flew to her chest, arms, face, to see if she were still whole. “A dream,” she murmured, “Thank God.”

She didn’t notice her full length mirror where, illuminated by an alien moon, her lifeless reflection splayed out on the bed revealed she was still in the nightmare.

She laid back down. The crouching thing stood crookedly and slouched back through the looking glass.

The End

posted on Jun, 16 2022 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Excellent, zosimov!

Art in prose, comes to mind. I think the band, Dream Theater, would be inspired to write a song about it!

edit on 16/6/2022 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2022 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

Thank you, Encia! You are such an encouragement to the creative writers on here (at least I can speak for myself, but I'm sure it applies for others, too). I love how supportive you are to all the ATS writers.

Have a good one!!
edit on 16-6-2022 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2022 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Cheers for that, zosimov!

If we don't look after each other, who will?

It seems we're a minority in the ATS grand scheme and the multitude of members won't venture here. I do what I can to keep morale high and hopefully make the contest look inviting for those shy members who lurk, but are probably terrified to partake.

I know I was having panic attacks before entering my first Short Stories Contest. It's only because I know many members that helped me dive in at the deep end. Many new members don't have that luxury and I want to show them this isn't the Mud-Pit.

edit on 16/6/2022 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Thanks for your submission,

Good Luck in the Contest!
Johnny

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Nice one, Zos. I've always found that painting a bit repulsive, yet very eye-catching.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 18 2022 @ 08:00 PM
link   
The very fabric The Nightmare is woven from. That painting you chose is like the lid, if the pot was the topic.

IDK why but the horse is more spooky than that troll.

posted on Jun, 19 2022 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Good description of that work. And I agree w/ TDDA in that the horse is more terrifying than the crouching troll.

Thanks for reading; cheers!

top topics

join