It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feeling presences ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2022 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Hi all.
So only a few times in my life have I experienced a strong feeling of a presence. Actually four times. I distinctly remember each time.
Just now happened the fourth time.
I went into another room and when I had my back towards the room , doing something in a drawer, I felt a strong presence behind me.
Wonder what it could be ,other than the obvious. I don't know. Could be something we just don't understand at all.

posted on Jun, 16 2022 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ancientlight

Could be something we just don't understand at all.

Well, one idea I do enjoy considering is the presence of another universe made of stuff we call "dark matter" occupying exactly the same "space" that we do. Technically there should be virtually no interaction between the two separate forms of matter, but on occasion, when circumstances and all of the improbabilities line up, somebody somewhere gets to feel or see that interference that provides some kind of connection between the two.

posted on Jun, 16 2022 @ 01:59 AM
link   
SPAM
edit on 6/16/2022 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2022 @ 02:09 AM
link   
You are experience a wave of energy as clown world continues merging with our reality.

posted on Jun, 16 2022 @ 04:52 AM
link   

We do know that our brain is hard wired for vigilance, even to the point where we see 'faces' in arrangements of objects that have no face. It is part of our primitive 'pattern matching' defense mechanisms to keep us alert to potential dangers and prepare us for the fastest response possible.

And we also know that there are mental triggers that can cause recall of some memories, completely unbidden otherwise. A musical phrase, a scent of perfume, a particular scene, or taste, etc.

So, it is possible that such sensations are triggered by things other than the actual presence of another entity.

Additionally, if the the sensations arise, through what sense do they arise (all of our senses have specialized organs. So, if the sensations are extra to those known senses, where in the body are the organs designed for the extra-sense perception)?

'Other worlds' hypotheses are also obviously nonsense, because it would take significant energy to break out of alternate realities - think in terms of the equivalent of several solar masses of energy - stuff that would annihilate us if we were anywhere in proximity.

So, the most likely thing would be that these apparently extrasensory episodes are in fact perceptual fabrications borne out of numerous subconscious cues and possibly emotional states such as stress or anxiety, that lead to a hormonal release 'tuning' our minds for overactive hypersensitivity.

One example is that often in situations of loud but undetectable infrasound, people become anxious and feel 'presences' because their nervous system is picking up something, but not anything that makes any sense in what we could call normal terms. This infrasound could be coming from wind through a tuned resonant pipe, or machinery, or even seismically (I don't believe the infrasound is causing the sense of 'presence' directly, but it is providing the conditions for our imaginations to run wild).

Or, it could be exactly what we perceive it to be - who really knows?

edit on 16/6/2022 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2022 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Could be something we just don't understand at all.

Absolutely! It has happened to me when people I have a strong connection with pass from this world. The person in question always comes to mind when this sensation happens.

I wonder if the reason we know so little about what's referred to as 'paranormal' is because 'intelligent, rational' researchers, for the most part, don't acknowledge its existence, and those who do haven't found a way to prove such a phenomenon is real.

We have no idea how many dimensions there are in the universe; according to physicists, there could be up to 10 or more. Just because it isn't known to established science (yet) doesn't mean something doesn't exist.

Keeping a journal with time and date when you get such sensations is a good way to cross-reference information you may learn at a later time. Make a note of any impressions you may have, such as a particular person or event coming to mind. Whatever you were thinking about at the time you noticed the sensation can be helpful.

There will always be people who don't believe and will ridicule you for noticing life at a deeper level; pay them no mind and just enjoy the wonders of the universe.

posted on Jun, 16 2022 @ 08:44 AM
link   
24/7

posted on Jun, 16 2022 @ 11:28 AM
link   
This morning I woke up to hearing a voice. It sounded a bit strange and when I was waking up I thought maybe it's my neighbour talking outside , but when I was fully awake I realized how strange it sounded and it was all quiet.
Just now I walk into the same room and there's a strange scent in the air, nothing I recognize and I air daily so the air isn't stale or anything. Heard a loud bang behind me earlier today , could have been outside or I'm losing my mind due to all the world concerns stress

posted on Jun, 16 2022 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

I've heard this too before, who knows , very interesting idea

posted on Jun, 16 2022 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

I know , & things are stressing me out , the stress alone would do this

posted on Jun, 16 2022 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

An ultrasound weapon pointed at my house. Well I'm considered a domestic terrorist , so I wouldn't be surprised at this point

posted on Jun, 16 2022 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

I don't really have the patience for that , though the idea is very good. More strange things have happened over the years off course. The one time I was in the garage , in the middle of doing laundry , I had left the door to the garage open (so the door that leads to the kitchen through the garage) , and all of a sudden it slammed shut. There were no other doors or windows open at the time .
Or the times the microwave started on it's on.

posted on Jun, 16 2022 @ 04:28 PM
link   
The so called empirical self is attached to whatever simple and complex habits one has; The same could be said to some people after death that can't, won't or don't want to move on and they can become attached to or follow others that may have similar habits... typically less than 40 days after death is when such follow business occurs, after that poof back to where they belong or back into the cycle of birth and death... due to what they owe others they know or knew as a sort of debt.

Many cultures create a little shrine house for those that have very close habits to one's own... so they have a little place to live and are out of the way of you and your habits; they'll possess that as their body instead of trying to inhabit yours, which could lead to even worse habits or a downward spiral. Some of them have a small mirror so the dead seeing themself are sucked into it and self reflect instead of doing others any harm.

Sometimes shopping for used items and antiques can be partially haunted by people... if they go around their place of residence and can't find it but were attached to whatever it was; Some peculiar "things" may manifest while they are looking for whatever it is thinking or wandering about it. Some people smudge with sage; any "new old things" before they bring whatever it is into their houses to cleanse or chase that energy off of it.

Not knowing oneself is "dead" is one thing and knowing oneself to be dead is another... those that are said to have easily died in their sleep... Typically still roam about their house, as they always did and only those with pure seeing such as a small child or an animal and in some cases adults that have developed their clairvoyance and keep it pure can see them etc... abusing that eye, ear, etc...; it'll become stained, cloudy and close.

Often times people abuse children's clear eye asking them who or what they see; Like a little ghost catcher or who they are talking to with their clairaudience and or clairvoyance then clarity and purity of it clouds and closes to protect the child from such abuses... likely they'll be able to open it seeing and or hearing maybe both years later or be surprised when they do return or does out of nowhere and then think they are losing their minds... sometimes such a thing occurs having never had such as a child or recall having the ability if they did.

Most people when alone typically only manifest their own problems; whether it is from worry, stress, boredom or whatever they leave those impressions on objects and things like previously discussed as some people don't unload all their problems, stresses, fears etc. on friends finding it rude... so it kinda creates a energetic cloud that hangs around and seeps into things. Some people call it a "vibe" or air being some such as thick or thin in some cases even stifling.

The door was likely a vacuum effect of when you opened the dryer... it displaced enough air to pull the door shut. My uncle and Aunt had these annoying ceiling tiles that would raise and lower when opening and closing doors etc from displacement... so everywhere anyone went tiles up and tiles down.

No reason to freak yourself out about any phenomena whether real or imagined. As said even the 'worst case'; Some may not even know being dead... so it's not like one can get any deader; Even if they are ignorant that they are. It may sound silly but I'm sure quite a few "ghosts" have freaked themselves out being paranoid about ghosts and have no idea that they are one.

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Boy, we should talk. I am a 5th Maternal Gen sensitive, fam bk to 1820...

Antique stores can be bad for me. There is always someone behind us unseen. Trust your feelings ..vibes....there usually is a part of us who should discern these feelings.

If afraid...throw your hand to your back and say " I walk in the Light, and am a Child of God".

Above said...pay quiet attention: messages are everywhere. God Bless

top topics

join