It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Americans were captured by Russians in Ukraine

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Hello ATS!

The British newspaper The Telegraph reported that two American mercenaries, 39-year-old Alexander Dryuke and a former marine, 27-year-old Andy Hyun, who came on a safari on Russian people, were captured.

Exclusive: US fighters 'captured' by Russian forces in Ukraine

"They join a growing number of Western military volunteers captured by Russian forces, including at least two Britons.

Aiden Aslin and Shaun Pinner have already been told they face the death penalty as "mercenaries".

The capture of the two Americans will be diplomatically sensitive as the Kremlin may seek to use it as proof that America is becoming directly involved in the war. Vladimir Putin, the Russian president, is likely to demand significant concessions to release them.

A comrade of the two men, who asked not to be named, told The Telegraph said that they had been captured after running into a much larger Russian force during a battle last Thursday."

They are considered the first Americans to be captured during a special operation. The fact is that, unlike the army of the DPR and LPR, the Russian command is in no hurry to publicize the number and names of foreign mercenaries killed or captured in Ukraine. Not to mention the senior officers of the armies of NATO countries. By definition, they are of very high operational and informational interest.

In this regard, the armies of the DNR and LNR are more open. Now, according to the press service of the LPR army, up to 2,500 Ukrainian soldiers, including up to 500 mercenaries, mainly from Great Britain, are blocked on the territory of the Azot plant in Severodonetsk. They are holding hostage up to 1,000 civilians, preventing them from leaving along the provided humanitarian corridors.

The Azovstal scenario is being repeated in Mariupol. Although I think the end result will be the same. This puts the British government in a catastrophic position. 500 British citizens is already serious.

Thank you.

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Good, hopefully, this puts Putin in a position to sit down at the negoition table, too many politicians making bank from a protracted war. You are going to have to do better than 2 Americans captured to move the needle.

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
Good, hopefully, this puts Putin in a position to sit down at the negoition table, too many politicians making bank from a protracted war. You are going to have to do better than 2 Americans captured to move the needle.

You are mistaken, in this situation Putin is on a big white horse. Let Biden and Johnson have a headache, and let them communicate with the families of captured mercenaries who face the death penalty for their crimes.

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

So now UK MSM is a reliable source?

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

So now UK MSM is a reliable source?

And then what is a "reliable source" for you?
I sincerely feel sorry for you, you betray your own sources, from your country. They have been repeatedly referenced by members of my favorite British support group.)))

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll

You are mistaken, in this situation Putin is on a big white horse. Let Biden and Johnson have a headache, and let them communicate with the families of captured mercenaries who face the death penalty for their crimes.

Typical Russians are always ready to torture the captured soldiers and their families. Biden and Boris could give two rips, western medium will just spin it all as 'Typical Russians" if they ever report it at all.

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 01:16 PM
link   

I think you're missing the point.

In the past you've ridiculed UK MSM and discounted anything and everything they have written and broadcast.
Now, because it suits you use it as a reliable source.

There maybe some truth in the report, too early to say.
But you've been very quick to jump on it and use it for your propaganda.

So, which is it; is UK MSM reliable or not?

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Typical Russians are always ready to torture the captured soldiers and their families. Biden and Boris could give two rips, western medium will just spin it all as 'Typical Russians" if they ever report it at all.

I hope that you will provide video evidence of the torture of prisoners by the Russians.
So far, the entire Internet is littered with reverse videos of torture by Ukrainians of captured Russians. I have also posted threads on our forum.
Russians have a proverb: "#ing is not tossing bags." Congratulations on your lies.

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 01:19 PM
link   

More people to threaten with execution i imagine.

As to governments in catastrophic positions, Putin's regime springs to mind.
edit on 15-6-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

I think you're missing the point.

In the past you've ridiculed UK MSM and discounted anything and everything they have written and broadcast.
Now, because it suits you use it as a reliable source.

There maybe some truth in the report, too early to say.
But you've been very quick to jump on it and use it for your propaganda.

So, which is it; is UK MSM reliable or not?

And the essence is very simple - two American mercenaries were captured by the Russians, and up to 500 British mercenaries were blocked in Severedonetsk at the Azot plant.
The rest is your fantasies and desires.
Russians in such servants say "It spins like a snake in a frying pan.")))

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 01:21 PM
link   

The men are probably members of the Ukrainian foreign legion giving them protection under the Geneva Convention to which Russia is a signatory.

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

More people to threaten with execution i imagine.

As to governments in catastrophic positions, Putin's regime springs to mind.

That is, Britain and the United States send their citizens to kill Russians, but is Putin to blame for this?)))
Your logic is inhuman.

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 01:23 PM
link   

No invasion of Ukraine is what's "inhuman" mate, no two ways about it.

And that's Putin that done that.

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

The men are probably members of the Ukrainian foreign legion giving them protection under the Geneva Convention to which Russia is a signatory.

Pathetic excuses. At the trial, two Britons and a Moroccan pleaded guilty to being mercenaries.

It is even more strange that you did not mention the Geneva Convention, when in the videos presented on our forum, Ukrainians shot in the knees, burned alive and killed Russian soldiers. You are a nooborota, you justified the Ukrainians.
Retribution always comes!

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 01:26 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Would you like me to be?

Put it this way, it will cost extra.

But if it's dead bodies you are after i think Russia made plenty of them in Ukraine.

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 01:32 PM
link   

How the World has changed during WW2 there were prisoners of war but in Putin´s regime it is a death penalty. And Troll is very much proud of that. Russia is new Nazi.

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I hope that you will provide video evidence of the torture of prisoners by the Russians.
So far, the entire Internet is littered with reverse videos of torture by Ukrainians of captured Russians. I have also posted threads on our forum.
Russians have a proverb: "#ing is not tossing bags." Congratulations on your lies.

You are the one that posed the scenario that the captured would be dealt with harshly, ie death penalty, to hold that over family members is mental torture at the very least, sounds like you are relishing the thought.

PS.

here's the original quote

Typical Russians are always "ready" to torture the captured soldiers. There is a difference in the west between being ready to do something and actually doing the activity.

again typical Russian is ready to persecute without truly understanding the situation or the opposing view. Im, not your adversary, it's the government of the NATO members you ought to throw your scorn at.

We were told the reason for the special military operation was security?

When is Putin finally gonna find his little security blanket so we can start healing the economy from the last 4 years?
edit on 15-6-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 01:36 PM
link   

At the trial, two Britons and a Moroccan pleaded guilty to being mercenaries.
Not true , they pleaded guilty to terrorism.

It is even more strange that you did not mention the Geneva Convention, when in the videos presented on our forum, Ukrainians shot in the knees, burned alive and killed Russian soldiers.

Because the saintly Russian troops haven't done the same to Ukrainians ? , your boy started a war what do you expect to happen.

Retribution always comes!

My point exactly.

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Would you like me to be?

Put it this way, it will cost extra.

But if it's dead bodies you are after i think Russia made plenty of them in Ukraine.

Remove your military from all the dozens of countries in which they are occupiers, and then you may get the moral right to talk about Putin's "aggression".

For your information, what you call "aggression", millions of people in the former Ukraine is called liberation from the American and British yoke.

In the Kherson and Zaporozhye regions, there are long queues for obtaining Russian passports. A voluntary battalion (300 fighters) of territorial defense has already been formed in Zaporozhye against Ukrainian and British-American aggressors, who are constantly shelling their houses with Western weapons. And so everywhere in Ukraine, except for the western regions. There will be another war between Bandera and the Poles, who have already entered Western Ukraine.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join