It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you always been an American Patriot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I guess this is for us that would never think otherwise. I think Trump brought the enlightenment of being an American and proud to be one and also serve its country is what led America to feel the inner spirit of the American Way of LIfe. That is why people from all over the world wanted to come to America, including my wife.

But now I see that someone in power is out to KILL THE WELLBEING OF BEING HAPPY TO LIVE IN AMERICA.

It's sad to see it so quickly, but I always felt a society can collapse pretty much over night.

We say " God Bless America" but is the Land we call America still being Blessed from the God that has given the country to help other countries in need?

Don't know. But if so, it comes with a cost of life.

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic
That is on thing I can't get my head round. To be a patriot it means you love your country, yet this administration has labelled patriots as domestic terrorists.

It's exactly the same as nationalists. To me a nationalist is a person that loves his nation, but that's been twisted into fascism.

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I love my country, but my country doesn't love me.

Time to fire the government- out of a cannon.

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
I love my country, but my country doesn't love me.

Time to fire the government- out of a cannon.

Start with some 4th of July firecrackers up their a...s

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
That is on thing I can't get my head round. To be a patriot it means you love your country, yet this administration has labelled patriots as domestic terrorists.

It's exactly the same as nationalists. To me a nationalist is a person that loves his nation, but that's been twisted into fascism.

I consider myself a patriot of the U.S. and State Constitutions. I never officially took an oath in regards to the Constitution(s) and I'm not involved in any group like Oath Keepers, but I will support and defend the supreme laws of the land. A nationalist seems similar, except the nation can stray away from the founding principles of that "piece of paper".

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

The world would be a much better place if everyone was truly nationalistic. Everyone doing their best to come together as a country and help their neighbors to prosperity. It's even better for your nation when you have strong ties with strong allies, so you want your allies to be prosperous as well.

All this inter-country conflict is mostly the elite/governance picking fights with each other to the detriment of 99% of the population of the countries involved.

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 10:06 AM
link   
When I was 10 I moved to the UK. For the next four years I traveled from there all over the world. That's what made me a patriot, seeing how other cultures live and how other nations function. I haven't been to every country, but I have it on continental authority that the USA is the greatest nation in the world. I also agree highly with the philosophical nature of what our Founding Fathers laid out, and not the quantitative necessity of other civilizations.

Donald Trump was a great trade and economy champion, but it's funny people think he's a true republican because really he's a classic NY democrat. There hasn't been a president truly for the people in over a century and a half. If he were for the people he would not have been so divisive, fueling the outrage cycle of oppositions, and sought to institute term limits and fiscal audits to curtail the corruption and bribery that we all know is rampant within our system now. He did a very good job for the economy which helped us all, but he didn't add any vitality to the system as a whole. I find that kind of ironic since he was ramparted against from every angle. For all his gumption and experience he also surrounded himself with a ton of moronical crooks, though nobody else would work with him to be fair.

As far as this current system, I won't lift a finger to save it. I do my part as a citizen, but without a hearty return to Constitutional values under a viable third party I do not see much changing at all. It's all controlled opposition so people can get milked like tax cattle and sent off like cannon fodder. A lot of these ATS political threads are gloating about which side doesn't get things done the least, foreigners crying about the BOR, or corruption scandals that we all know will never see justice. This thread however is pretty interesting.

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Please understand the difference between cherishing American soil, wind and sunsets, American constitution and American enterprise, American neighborly community and American grit in the field and the sheriff department...

...And then there's institutions, corporations, bureaucracy, media and studio craft, financial leveraging and economic exploitation, fake news and alternative science, virtue signalling and social engineering, bioweapon manufacturing and opportunist foreign policy, the list goes on and on.

edit on 15-6-2022 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 10:47 AM
link   
No. But once I hugged a flag and put on my flag lapel pin, well, all good now. LOL.

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 11:14 AM
link   

I was a patriot until we became a communist country.

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Yes, I've always been a patriot. I feel very fortunate to live in the most free country in the world. I think I'm lucky to live here.

I love this country, which is why what is happening to it is so painful for me.

I wish I could do something to stop the corruption and perversion and bring things back to even keel, but I am one person.

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I'm not even fully American. My dad was American , well his parents were European immigrants.
I lived in the Netherlands till I was late 20s. I feel 100% Dutch.
But I'm more patriotic than many of these brainwashed idiots who think the American way of life (freedom) is no good and would welcome the 'great reset'

Honestly if they hate it here so much they are STILL free to leave. Once the US becomes NK they (might!) wake up, but by then they won't be allowed to leave

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Not only do they label Patriots terrorists but also white supremacists. You can't love your country without being a white supremacists, domestic terrorists

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: billxam

I was a patriot until we became a communist country.

I don't understand this. Any person willing to take a chance and work their ass off can get an LLC, open a business and succeed or fail by their own efforts. That's capitalism pure and simple...not communism.

Knowing the system, investing in opportunities you have faith in...That's capitalism.

Free enterprise and the entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well in America and that's only one of the reasons I love her. Capitalism!!!

Even in todays economy, there are a myriad opportunities available for those willing to stop the whine, get off their ass and go to work for themselves....that's not communism bro.

Don't let your ideology get in the way of your common sense!

Have you always been an American Patriot

Yes, and I still am.
edit on 15-6-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ancientlight
. . .
Honestly if they hate it here so much they are STILL free to leave. Once the US becomes NK they (might!) wake up, but by then they won't be allowed to leave

Well, I'm sorry to say that unless you have dual citizenship in another country and a passport issued by your second country, then you are stuck here. Also it can get pricey to get out of Dodge.

The government fee to renounce U.S. citizenship is $2,350. Additional costs might apply if you have to become tax compliant. You must be tax compliant for five years in order to renounce your US citizenship.

We offer Renunciation Packages specifically tailored to U.S. citizens who wish to give up their citizenship. We offer flat fees regardless of the number of forms required* and all your paperwork will be ready within 2 weeks of receiving your information. Our Renunciation Package is $2,600

1040abroad.com...

You could take the following routes to being a stateless being . . .

You might lose your U.S. citizenship in specific cases, including if you:

Run for public office in a foreign country (under certain conditions)

Enter military service in a foreign country (under certain conditions)

Apply for citizenship in a foreign country with the intention of giving up U.S. citizenship

Commit an act of treason against the United States

www.wikihow.com...
edit on 15-6-2022 by MichiganSwampBuck because: For Clarity

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck

originally posted by: ancientlight
. . .

Well, I'm sorry to say that unless you have dual citizenship in another country and a passport issued by your second country, then you are stuck here. Also it can get pricey to get out of Dodge.

The government fee to renounce U.S. citizenship is $2,350. Additional costs might apply if you have to become tax compliant. You must be tax compliant for five years in order to renounce your US citizenship.

We offer Renunciation Packages specifically tailored to U.S. citizens who wish to give up their citizenship. We offer flat fees regardless of the number of forms required* and all your paperwork will be ready within 2 weeks of receiving your information. Our Renunciation Package is $2,600

1040abroad.com...

You could take the following routes to being a stateless being . . .

You might lose your U.S. citizenship in specific cases, including if you:

Run for public office in a foreign country (under certain conditions)

Enter military service in a foreign country (under certain conditions)

Apply for citizenship in a foreign country with the intention of giving up U.S. citizenship

Commit an act of treason against the United States

www.wikihow.com...

Funny they mention 'acts of treason'. I've seen a few from our corrupt politicians.

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed

That's some of what a nationalist can be, but on occasion it's a polite word for something else.

a person who strongly identifies with their own nation and vigorously supports its interests, especially to the exclusion or detriment of the interests of other nations

If you're familiar with the type of person who believes one particular culture or society is more deserving than others, or that the future of civilization must be engineered by one particular culture or society more than others, or that the reduction of some societies is an appropriate trade for elevating another more relevant society, that's when nationalism stops being a synonym for patriotism.

edit on 15-6-2022 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2022 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Being a patriot is a righteous ideal that isn't truly possible to realize, its a word position in a game of politics. Youd want to be a patriot but you cant actually be one because the country is in peril and about to be sold to pay off its debt.

posted on Jun, 16 2022 @ 06:50 AM
link   
For me love of country started when I was a
Cub Scout , that would have been about 1965. We met in a church basement and started every meeting with the pledge of allegiance.

As an adult I took the military oath when I was sworn into the US Merchant Marines. I still love my country, I love our way of life, especially here in East Tennessee.

I am choking on the current administration as well as the foolish in the House. In the leadership vacuum the people will follow anything.

The only thing keeping my faith alive is the promise of the November midterms.

Time will tell .

new topics

top topics

join