It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basic Knowledge for the Self-respecting Conspiracy Theorist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2022 @ 03:18 AM
link   
This a playlist of 26 videos from a course entitled 'Power and Politics in Today’s World', basically contemporary history, if that were a thing, of what has and could have been during the last 30 years in global politics.
Starting off with the collapse of communism, including smash hits like neoliberalism, spread of democracy, 9/11, crash of 2016 and much more.

I think it's the best summary at least of where we're at and why we're where we're at.
Obviously I would never ask anyone to take it as final truth or anything to be learned and parroted, but it's important stuff to think about and a great starting point to do so.

Have fun with it

edit on 13-6-2022 by Peeple because: arrgh auto correct

posted on Jun, 13 2022 @ 05:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
This a playlist of 26 videos from a course entitled 'Power and Politics in Today’s World', basically contemporary history, if that were a thing, of what has and could have been during the last 30 years in global politics.
Starting off with the collapse of communism, including smash hits like neoliberalism, spread of democracy, 9/11, crash of 2016 and much more.

I think it's the best summary at least of where we're at and why we're where we're at.
Obviously I would never ask anyone to take it as final truth or anything to be learned and parroted, but it's important stuff to think about and a great starting point to do so.

Have fun with it

Great find. Thanks

posted on Jun, 13 2022 @ 05:51 AM
link   
That's one viewpoint. Coming from any university now days you can pretty much count on heavy liberal bias, and this is straight out of Klaus Schwab's playbook.

Ian Shapiro is also a WEF member, so it's a good course for anyone wanting to have a one-sided view of the political world.

I miss the days when school used to teach both sides of an issue and leave it up to the individual to decide which view makes the most sense after examining all of the facts.

posted on Jun, 13 2022 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple
Define self respecting conspiracy theorist.

Are you trying to establish some kind of norm about how to define who is self respecting and who isn't?

As in, if I don't swallow that basic knowledge, I am not self respecting?

I have to ask these questions, as this concept is foreign to me. Use your head and logic. Maybe don't accuse others of raping animals and you have a good head start on being a self respecting conspiracy theorist.

edit on 13.6.2022 by TDDAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2022 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Nobody's actually really stopping you to do exactly that.
Like I said:

posted on Jun, 13 2022 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

yourDictionary

Self respect is defined as holding yourself in esteem and believing that you are good and worthy of being treated well. An example of self respect is when you know you deserve to be treated right and, as a result, you do not tolerate others lying to you or treating you unfairly.

posted on Jun, 13 2022 @ 07:30 AM
link   
FYI: the lecture series is produced and offered via Yale University.

Just scan through the titles of some of the lectures:

* Lecture 5: The Resurgent Right in the West
* Lecture 6: Reorienting the Left: New Democrats, New Labour, and Europe’s Social Democrats
* Lecture 7: Shifting Goalposts: The Anti-Tax Movement

One of my favorites:
* Lecture 17: Filling the Void - China in Africa

No offense, but sounds more like the syllabus for "WEF/UN Globalism 101" than anything to do with conspiracy theory.

Not to mention, a Yale University production (totally not a bastion of ivory tower leftist ideology).

IMO a conspiracy theorist would watch these lectures with a very very critical eye, and find the seam/angle in the sales pitch.

That's not to say that the right doesn't have similar ideological sales pitches, but, if we're being honest, the left has complete 100% hegemony on higher learning institutions, particularly the most expensive ones.

posted on Jun, 13 2022 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Sorry, I'm trying to cut back on my brainwashing this week.

posted on Jun, 13 2022 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: SleeperHasAwakened
FYI: the lecture series is produced and offered via Yale University.

Just scan through the titles of some of the lectures:

* Lecture 5: The Resurgent Right in the West
* Lecture 6: Reorienting the Left: New Democrats, New Labour, and Europe’s Social Democrats
* Lecture 7: Shifting Goalposts: The Anti-Tax Movement

One of my favorites:
* Lecture 17: Filling the Void - China in Africa

No offense, but sounds more like the syllabus for "WEF/UN Globalism 101" than anything to do with conspiracy theory.

Not to mention, a Yale University production (totally not a bastion of ivory tower leftist ideology).

IMO a conspiracy theorist would watch these lectures with a very very critical eye, and find the seam/angle in the sales pitch.

That's not to say that the right doesn't have similar ideological sales pitches, but, if we're being honest, the left has complete 100% hegemony on higher learning institutions, particularly the most expensive ones.

I agree but it has been that way for a long time, it's when the universities go too far and demonize views that aren't as leftist. Lately, as least the left seems to want to go nuclear over every issue, while the right just goes bugchit over the same few they have always gone bugchit over.

If you have conservative leanings you have no safe space on campus... it's gone from apathy to derision to outright harassment.

www.currentaffairs.org...

Here is Heather Mac Donald’s picture of the American university: It is a place where affirmative action, “diversity” rhetoric, libertinism, and “identity politics” are threatening to destroy education altogether. “We are cultivating students who lack all understanding of the principles of the American Founding,” Mac Donald says. The “Western tradition” is under threat and “American college students are increasingly resorting to brute force, and sometimes criminal violence, to shut down ideas they don’t like.” Female students and students of color act like “perpetual victims whose fragile egos are threatened by the ordinary give-and-take of life,” with their “demand for ‘safe spaces,’ reflexive allegations of racism and sexism, and contempt for Enlightenment values of reason and due process.”

posted on Aug, 10 2022 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Belialscousin

You're funny

new topics

top topics

join