It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starfield: Official Gameplay Reveal

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2022 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Microsoft's Xbox and Bethesda Games Showcase has happened and Todd Howard has said some stuff about one of the most anticipated upcoming games , Starfield.
Todd also shared some gameplay and information about Starfield (you can fly the ships
).

According to Todd there are over 100 systems to be explored and you can land on any planet !

posted on Jun, 12 2022 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

have to say was not dissapointed, looks amazing, love that you can fly and have space battles, love that you can customize your ship and crew

Lets hope this is another skyrim and not fallout 76

posted on Jun, 12 2022 @ 04:57 PM
link   

The one worry I have about the direction Bethesda will now take is that if anything because of there Microsoft buy out they will be even more console oriented and many features aimed at PC gamers may become a thing of the past such as there games being modifiable etc.

Let us hope that is not the case, certainly the Nexus already has a place holder page ready for mod's for the game so maybe my worries there are unfounded.

But this indeed does look good but it has a Doom crossed with Halo crossed with no man's sky feel to it from what I can see.

I hope there are real hub worlds that also have ground quests that are worth doing and that the game is truly freeform as well as having a story, I really want Fallout 4 but fixed and in space and am not sure this will be that.

Still look's like it may be a good game nonetheless.

Ahh whom Am I kidding what I really want is an open world Blade runner game with quests, a protagonist with no memory's whom may or may not be a replicant with there ID wiped and no tag behind there eye lid and detective cases, blade runner hunt's and also play it from the other side as a hunted replicant perhaps with the two roles mixed up in a plot twist.

But until they make something like that it is either mod fallout 4 (there is a point lookout mod on the nexus that is brilliant if you liked that old fallout 3 DLC as it is basically a recreation of it) or hope that this game will be up to scratch, I also hope that choice matters and decisions have game world affecting functionality but most developers get lazy there or leave it just up to a branching dialogue tree.

Still I am impressed if that is still the gamebryo engine then they have really polished it.

edit on 12-6-2022 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2022 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Word has it they put it off again until 2025.
Or , am I thinking of another game ?

edit on 6/12/22 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2022 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Haha that is a bit long.

I wonder if we will ever see that VTMB Bloodlines 2, the original developers on that game that was supposed to be released last year were fired, it was apparently too woke even for the publishing house so let's hope it does not go down that route IF the claims it is still in (re)development are true.

Shame if they are holding off releasing it that long as by then likely something bigger an better will already be released by someone else.

posted on Jun, 12 2022 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767
I may have been a thinkin of Elder Scrolls 6...
Or both ?
I wonder if I will receive autographed (signed) copies of those jut before they are released ?

Remember , since Bethesda is now Microsoft owned , there may be a LOT of changes for them to make before release .

Bethesda pushed Prey back until the game engine was near out of date .

posted on Jun, 12 2022 @ 06:37 PM
link   

I can’t wait for it.
I just hope it’s done right

posted on Jun, 12 2022 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Sadly modern games are out running my computer budget.
I can't even play cod unless I shell out $200 for windows 10.

And here I was hoping I could use my windows 7 forever....

So I'll have to stick with no mans skies , fornight, and elite dangerous

posted on Jun, 12 2022 @ 09:28 PM
link   

No man's sky: the corporate edition?

posted on Jun, 12 2022 @ 10:22 PM
link   

All I have to say is Todd Howard is king of making broken games. Please see the Spitting Brit on youtube and his exploits...well...exploiting some of Todd's most popular titles. Don't really have much faith in the finished product sadly. I do love a good space game too...so I will probably still follow its development when it gets closer to release.

posted on Jun, 13 2022 @ 12:39 AM
link   
It’s not one man making the games….

a reply to: RickyD

posted on Jun, 13 2022 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

I can't even play cod unless I shell out $200 for windows 10.

Pick up an OEM Win 10 key from Amazon , I paid £10 for mine.

posted on Jun, 13 2022 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Apparently this will have full PC mod support

posted on Jun, 13 2022 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Looks Boss,but so does everything on unreal 5.

Its like No Mans Skyrim

posted on Jun, 13 2022 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse

Looks Boss,but so does everything on unreal 5.

Its like No Mans Skyrim

Starfield is using Bethesda's Creation Engine 2 which I guess is why some of the assets look a bit Fallouty but yeah it does look good , I also see a Doom influence in there in the gun play too which perhaps hints at the involvement of the ID software team , and yes I felt the Skyrim influence too.

I also agree it Looks Boss.

posted on Jun, 13 2022 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: UpThenDown

That is good news, it is ALWAYS the mod makers that fix there elder scroll's and fallout games, always the mod makers that create the most content though when they are not outright ripping off mod makers they do some decent and some awful DLC's, the modding community though have even beaten there.

Mod's to turn fallout 4's and New Vegas mediocre first person shooter mechanics into something both more realistic and also far more fun, mod's to create new realms such as the now aging but still amazing Gray Cowl of Nocturnal for Skyrim which when coupled with snow footprint mod's and a Sand footprint update for the snow footprints create an amazing world if a bit smaller than we would like.

Mod makers most often creating better story's as well.

What for me is the main selling point of the elder scroll's and fallout 4 games is the modding community and the fact most of those mod maker do it for free and release it for free.
www.nexusmods.com...

Over on fallout 4 there is currently this recreation of a fallout 3 DLC (perhaps the best fallout 3 DLC) that has been scratch made and recreated by mod makers.
www.nexusmods.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2022 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Looks really good. Here's hoping it doesn't turn into another Star Citizen which has been in development since 2012. That is a clown show story all on its own.

posted on Jun, 13 2022 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

Oh trust me I know...but his games have a reputation and those are hard to shake. Not to mention I am not a huge fan of bethesda as a developer in general. But I do say again...I love space themed games especially ones of this genre...so if it turns out good I will probably give it a shot.

posted on Jun, 16 2022 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I know one of the programmers on this game, and he thinks it's going to be really good, though obviously he's a bit biased
He's under an NDA so I don't really know any more than the official videos tell us, but he's tested some of the game play and is pretty happy with it so far. He's involved with the graphics portion of things, so if it looks pretty, it's partially due to him.

posted on Jun, 16 2022 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Bethesda Game Studios occupies a strange niche in the video game space. It's the only company I can think of where it's just accepted by the community that the state of the game isn't all that important because modders will fix it.

Modders always fix it.

Besides, Bethesda jank has an almost endearing quality that sometimes comes to define the public's love of the games as much as anything intentionally coded does. How many can say that they never quick saved before charging into a giant camp in Skyrim just to deliberately get sent into low orbit for the fun of it?

No. We might go online and vent about balancing and exploits and glitches - but then we all end up ramming ourselves into walls while holding a plate or using dupe exploits to make sure we never run out of crafting components again.

How many have played Fallout 4 and not spammed fence posts for 30 straight minutes just to get an edge before heading into Concord?

If Starfield turns out to be a typical Bethesda game - warts and all - I'll be happy. Even if it's for no other reason than given Bethesda's development roadmap I may not live long enough to play another new Bethesda mainline title.

I mean we got an Elder Scrolls VI teaser a year or two ago and Todd Howard just said in the past couple of days that the game recently went into pre-production. So maybe 2027 / 2028 for that. Then Fallout 5 possibly in 2033/2034?

With that in mind I say bring on the space glitches. They're going to have to hold us over for a very long time.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join