It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reuters Publishes Surprising Photo of Ukrainian Local After Russian Artillery Strike

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2022 @ 05:53 AM
link   
A photo?? A photo?? Just who says what a photo depicts. Let me see, this photo is my van after I accidentally fired my shot gun at it and that's my father checking I didn't kill the dog inside.

There is no context to this snap. It could be anywhere at any time, but you have to believe the story they are giving you. Oh, to make it more believable we'll subtly put a swastika on the mans arm, sharp eyed people will spot that and it will reinforce the narrative.

posted on Jun, 12 2022 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
A photo?? A photo?? Just who says what a photo depicts. Let me see, this photo is my van after I accidentally fired my shot gun at it and that's my father checking I didn't kill the dog inside.

There is no context to this snap. It could be anywhere at any time, but you have to believe the story they are giving you. Oh, to make it more believable we'll subtly put a swastika on the mans arm, sharp eyed people will spot that and it will reinforce the narrative.

Reuters provides the entire context of where and when the picture takes place in the article and caption, as well as how the damage was done. You must have missed it. I haven't seen any evidence that Reuters is pushing a nazi ukraine narrative.

Questioning whether there were WMDs in Iraq was not equated with supporting Saddam. People should consider that it is ok to question the MSM without implying that it is supporting the other side. This seems particularly common with this war. People are so invested emotionally that they lash out and try to equate questioning the narrative with supporting the opposite side. This is simply not true, and the WMDs is a great example of how people could think rationally back then and separate the two. The truth shouldn't be massaged even if it is uncomfortable.

That picture is an average citizen (by that, I mean not Azov) in Ukraine who is comfortable enough to have a nazi swastika armband tattoo and is able to maintain a job as some sort of security/emt/police with that ideology tattooed on his arm in public display. That says something about how their society accepts or doesn't accept those things without respect to what Russia is doing and shouldn't be whitewashed. Our tax dollars are going in their pockets. That needs to be considered.
edit on 12-6-2022 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2022 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Dr UAE

That light projection of swastika in a mall was a hack. Or some dudes did it for a while.
The business distanced itself from it. How is it still circling the web 3 years later? It fits the narrative. Of course it may be popular over there but not as mainstream as Putin's servants want us to believe. It's good enough for a common Russian tho.

posted on Jun, 13 2022 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: PapagiorgioCZ

You know it was in conjunction with a Right Sector march going by right?

That may be why it is still circulating.

posted on Jun, 13 2022 @ 02:29 PM
link   

It was fact checked. ‘Cause that’s what Reuters does.

posted on Jun, 13 2022 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Maybe, but you dont hear about the context. They just show you a pic like it's a common Monday shopping in Ukraine.

For you it's a taboo because of education and in case of Europe even of the law in some places.
Elsewhere you can play with it and say that symbols of communism represent more deaths.
At this point I'm more afraid of the Soviet Union flags Russians carry around in Ukraine. Or of China. Of Russian nationalists.
It doesnt surprise me that they needed to unite around a nationalistic ideology after losing Crimea etc.
I forgot the nazis in Wagner group. I dont like those
edit on 13/6/2022 by PapagiorgioCZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2022 @ 10:47 PM
link   

For you it's a taboo because of education and in case of Europe even of the law in some places.

They are trying to make everything taboo here. I had some idiots that stood around my truck looking like they were going to do something to it after I had pulled off I 95 to take a leak. When I walked up and started to get in one called me a fascist and they all had dirty looks. One with green hair.

It shocked me. I just looked at them for a sec before just deciding to leave. It wasn't till I had to get gas that I saw they marked up my dive flag plate. I guess they thought it was a version of a rebel flag or something. Up till then, I had seriously considered it was because I drive old dodge truck. They looked like they may have been snowbirds, maybe from NY.

I remember when having a battle flag plate didn't mean anything except you were southern.

Now everything offends someone, but I have hated the swastika for as long as I can remember. Ever since I learned what it stood for.

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: ELECTEDOFFICIAL

It should be no surprise, Operation Paperclip allowed Nazis to infect western academia.

The left and neocons are now supporting their Nazi brethren that moved into Ukraine following WWII.

link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

You know it was in conjunction with a Right Sector march going by right?

That may be why it is still circulating.

link   

originally posted by: NorthOfStuff

It was fact checked. ‘Cause that’s what Reuters does.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join