It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sea Change - towards the education of the willing, ignoring the pseudosceptics & blind sheep

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2022 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I don't know about you, but in recent times I have begun to witness what I believe to be a sea change amongst the alternative social media engines (such as Telegram) where, although not producing 'echo chambers' per se, there is a growing tendency to be willing to leave the combative stuff behind, in favour of educating & discussing alternative theories with people of like minds who are willing & ready to expand their knowledge base, paying far less heed to the screeching of pseudosceptics who will try to troll & shill their way through a media source in order to demoralise & shout down the free thinkers.

We have to recognise that in great part, such beligerent people are paid disinformationalists, as well as being nasty, sniping trolls who are so brainwashed by the existing world order that they have a pathological need to inject themselves into the conversation in a destructive, self-aggrandising manner. And the great news, is that people are finally starting to move away from combat with such fools, into a more fulfilling & edifying discussion arena where those trolls & shills are simply left out in the cold, left to play their bitter little games for attention & self-assurance, knowing in their innermost depths that the things they do are cowardly, destructive, weak & idiotic - even those who are paid know this, and so it is incumbent upon us to continue to push the boundaries of our knowledge, investigating the forbidden subjects, sharing knowledge as modest creators of content that can be shared easily & thereby taking part in the global revolution of Truth.

In writing this thread I'm interested in understanding whether others are witnessing this phenomenon, this sea change towards a holistic, productive, troll-denying discussion on the various alternative media channels. Of course it's important to remember that 'iron sharpens iron' - we literally DO NOT want 'echo chambers', we need healthy debate & interaction on a great many topics. But the focus really must be on approaching & assisting those who are willing & ready to learn new information, check new sources which demolish the denier's agenda, and spread good feeling & warm sentiment to our brothers & sisters in the Truth community. I think if we consciously move further & further away from forums where combative action is a depressing regularity, in our well-intended efforts to break through the noise & deliver the clean signal line of information which can help to build a better worldview for those who are wanting to experience a revolution of Truth alongside us. We are building a new culture, and it is necessary that we migrate away from forums where destructive argumentalism & whataboutism is found, in favour of mind-expanding research & source collation in 'clean rooms' on social media platforms where free speech is permitted & even encouraged.

I hope you will help to spread the message of the need of this movement en masse towards a more productive, healthy & righteous community of driven researchers, presenting an edifice of Truth to which the curious can wander on their pilgimages, in their own time. We need to address this requirement for a healthy, wholesome environment creation process, we need to swell the tides of this Sea Change, towards a better & more enlightened future for us all, and all those who would join with us.

Thanks ATS.

FITO.

edit on JuneFriday2216CDT07America/Chicago-050047 by FlyInTheOintment because: important clarification

posted on Jun, 10 2022 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Being open to new ideas and facts means your established belief will be challenged and you may discover you've been wrong- sometimes for your whole life. Nobody wants to be wrong, and some will fight to the bitter end not to let that happen to them.

Every site seems to have its share of biased, close-minded people too fearful of change to carry on an civil, exchange of ideas. As long as they can get others to take the bate and try to convince them they're ignoring information contrary to their beliefs, they become even more resistant to change. Facts don't matter; convincing those with opposing views that the majority opinion is wrong becomes the goal- no matter how viciously they have to argue their point.

I have a list of people that go to personal attacks when presented with facts they can't refute, and avoid interaction with them. It takes two, after all.....and it doesn't take long to realize the Good Lord Himself can't change the mind of a 'right fighter'.

join