It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU just banned the internal combustion engine from 2035 on >:o

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2022 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Actually most car manufacturers are/ have been planning to stop producing them before 2035.

Actually that's because of the laws set in motion to stop them producing ICE powered cars. You just point out the result of it, a bit like putting the cart in front of the horse.

I don't know what country you're from that'd be building new coal power stations?
Because Germany doesn't.

It's Germany. Surprise! 2020 the last one was finished, at the same time we go off nuclear. If you want to be nitpicky, yes, currently not building but planning, as in going to build.

But why do people living in NY need private cars? That's just a waste of space and resources anyways.

That's not your business to even ask.

posted on Jun, 9 2022 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

I don't know what you're talking about the news from big car companies plans are from around June'21. So... the cart actually was/is in front of the horse for a while, if you want to put it like that.

but planning, as in going to build.

Do you have a source for that? Or is that straight from your crystal ball?

That's not your business to even ask.

And yet it totally is. Since I live on this planet too, you know.

posted on Jun, 9 2022 @ 02:53 PM
link   

After the war, you'll be lucky to have a bicycle to ride. Just a matter of time....

posted on Jun, 9 2022 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I hear your rant and double it!!!!

This was the first thing I read in the paper this morning...
the second article was about two provinces in The Netherlands who now have a full electricity grid so they can't take on new customers. This has never happened before in the Western world.

The grid isn't ready for all electric cars for everyone,
The energy source isn't there.

So what?
Cars are going to be the new 'for elites only'? FFS! people can hardly pay their energy bills as it is! That is MIDDLE CLASS ppl who will have to choose which room to heat next winter because they can't afford to heat the whole house!

Then again, there is no way they can pull this off in 10 years time....we are going to be stuck in the current crisis for another few years, then the grid has to be strengthened, they need the energy source, and electric cars will have to become a lot cheaper if they want the sheep to continue to go to work each day.

posted on Jun, 10 2022 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: KindraLabelle2
I hear your rant and double it!!!!

This was the first thing I read in the paper this morning...
the second article was about two provinces in The Netherlands who now have a full electricity grid so they can't take on new customers. This has never happened before in the Western world.

The grid isn't ready for all electric cars for everyone,
The energy source isn't there.

So what?
Cars are going to be the new 'for elites only'? FFS! people can hardly pay their energy bills as it is! That is MIDDLE CLASS ppl who will have to choose which room to heat next winter because they can't afford to heat the whole house!

Then again, there is no way they can pull this off in 10 years time....we are going to be stuck in the current crisis for another few years, then the grid has to be strengthened, they need the energy source, and electric cars will have to become a lot cheaper if they want the sheep to continue to go to work each day.
Nederlander? Hoi

Actually I remember reading Klaus Shwabby boy saying that we will all be living in the metaverse, and working from home. We will spend all our time indoors and eating bugs

Civilization will collapse if they force their 'great reset'

posted on Jun, 10 2022 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Politics in Europe seem to be a virtue-signaling race to collapse.

I wonder if at some point the difficulty of extracting oil at reasonable prices will force people to become more local. People have gotten used to a high degree of mobility thanks to automobiles.

Perhaps, post-2035, people will complain of too much horse dung in the streets

Cheers

posted on Jun, 10 2022 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Spam
edit on 6/10/2022 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2022 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: ancientlight

Nederlander? Hoi

Actually I remember reading Klaus Shwabby boy saying that we will all be living in the metaverse, and working from home. We will spend all our time indoors and eating bugs

Civilization will collapse if they force their 'great reset'

Nope, Belgian... But you Dutchies have better news sources!
Speaking of news... this morning I've read that a Dutch company introduced the first commercial solar car under 300K Euro.... saw the pic and it looked not bad at all!

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: KindraLabelle2

So what? Cars are going to be the new 'for elites only'? FFS!

Bingo! I keep bringing up agenda 21/30 but nobody seems to actually look into it. The fact is they don’t want the vast majority of people going more than 5-15 miles from their homes, so you won’t need an EV even if you can afford one.

Remember when only “essential” workers were allowed to go to work because of the plandemic? How quiet the roads were because people got paid to stay at home? Well coming soon will be universal basic income in the form of CBDC which will be tied to your digital ID, because between the coming economic collapse, AI and robotics and the great reset, the vast majority that survive this will find themselves without work and entirely dependent on government handouts.

5g will enable the smart grid and internet of things, where everything you consume can be tracked and monitored in real time. Everything from your fridge to your toaster will have a chip in it and be connected. Because of “saving the environment” it will be a resource based economy of artificial scarcity, where energy costs a premium and thus everything will have to be rationed. Your social credit score will determine how much rations you are allotted and by those means you will be kept in check and conform to your “new normal” does that make things any clearer?

posted on Jun, 13 2022 @ 02:22 PM
link   
It has to be ratified by all EU countries which it will not.

This would destroy the economy long before 2035 just by trying to implement it.
The new debt needed to even try would be colossal. Lol, a complete disaster.
Unless they know something we dont. Like a working fusion reactor.
I doubt it. They know less. They believe BS and lie. Someone is leading them around by nose. Sometimes they lead each other. In a cult you have to periodically come up with even more unheard of BS to look busy.

posted on Jun, 14 2022 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I think it's great that so many of us are pinning our hopes/dreams of EV's on our governments. The same corrupt, inefficient and predictable discussed daily, er, hourly on this site, whether that's local, national or the gov across the pond. Pretty sure EV's and the infrastructure is going to be ready by 3035? FFS....

Even if we exclude EV's and talk only about the existing infrastructure (roads, highways, bridges, etc, etc) and power needs (retiring coal plants but not replacing them), every nation is hurting and behind, only difference is scale. The current road construction design (asphalt) and technique is outdated and shown not to last, especially with the loads put on them. So we're confident the govs around the world, who haven't been able to maintain existing infrastructure, will now be able to fix that problem and address the needs of EV's within the next 12'ish years?

Rolling blackouts, crumbling infrastructure, corrupt governments, poor planning, antiquated road building techniques.... yep, the whole EV policy is powered by repeated demonstration of failed policies and inept fundamentals proven consistently by those in gov and business. I'm sure there's a plan as well on how to get China to offer up some of those rare minerals or other countries to hand them over unless the US/Nato needs to get them through a dose of freedom.

Not much discussion on how we're going to recycle those banks and banks of batteries (which poor African country are we going to dump them in) or the environmental destruction being inflected just to get to those rare minerals (as long as it isn't going on in my backyard, right?). Guessing the major auto makers will also lead the way and do it for the good of the people instead of massive profits?

Glad some of you can still be optimistic, bordering on naive, about the future and how EV will be our happy place built by the govs.

edit on 14-6-2022 by devilsadvocatetoday because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2022 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I don't suppose they explained how they will have the support structure in place to charge all these vehicles?

Blitzkrieg is how … they will collect lightning as a free source. Every EU person will be required to have a copper helmet on outside always . The helmets will have a lightning rod on top. The Prussians pioneered this just before WW1 . There spiked helmets kept those Germans energized in the Somme & Verdun .

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 01:02 AM
link   
OK, everyone, it will be good now.

The wealthy will still be able to drive cars with gasoline engines.

Some supercars and hypercars will be able to continue running on internal combustion engines after 2035, thanks to a derogation granted to brands that sell less than 1,000 vehicles per year.

delano.lu...

The European Parliament has voted this total halt to the sale of new petrol, diesel or hybrid cars. But some brands will be able to continue to produce cars running on unleaded or diesel, under certain conditions.

Visibly proud of their automotive industry marked by big names like Ferrari, Lamborghini or even Maserati, some Italian MEPs have indeed proposed an amendment so that manufacturers – transalpine or not – can continue to offer traditional engines.

www.archyde.com...

Gotta love this s***.

Cheers
edit on 15-6-2022 by F2d5thCavv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 03:50 AM
link   

edit on Fri Jul 1 2022 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2023 @ 11:45 PM
link   

I appreciate this action as it is a step towards reducing carbon emissions and promoting sustainable transportation.

The combustion engine has several disadvantages, including air pollution, noise pollution, and dependence on fossil fuels.

On the other hand, electric vehicles (EVs) are safe for the environment as they produce no exhaust emissions.

Additionally, EVs are more efficient and require less maintenance than combustion engines.

I would recommend reading an article on why EVs don't need catalytic converters to understand how they are a better alternative to traditional vehicles. Overall, this decision is a positive step towards a cleaner and greener future.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: mubasshar009

I love to drive EV because of the performance.
However...

On the other hand, electric vehicles (EVs) are safe for the environment as they produce no exhaust emissions.

That is simply not true. The emissions are just not produced while driving. The EV needs to be charged, that is often done with energy produced from fossil fuels.

The emissions are just elsewhere and about the same as an ICE, just not where you drive the EV.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join