It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Wicked Garden--SN2022

page: 1

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2022 @ 11:32 AM
link   
It was the strangest, most beautiful flower, and though forewarned, I plucked it from her garden as one compelled. Glancing at her cottage, I froze to see her face, contorted with laughter. That was the last I felt of the sun; it’s since gone cold. No longer can water cool my thirst; I’ve thence been parched. The breeze glances off. Food repulses, and I’ve been cut off from life--life can’t nourish anymore. I’m withering.

And the flower? It’s grown to some monstrous, prehistoric thing unfurling velvet blooms the size of my head. It reeks of death.

I’m sure to follow.

The End

posted on Jun, 7 2022 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

A sad tale, but excellent imagery, zosimov!

posted on Jun, 7 2022 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

Thanks for reading, Encia! I am excited to check out your latest submission. I always like your writing.

The idea for this one came from a weed in my yard! lol. I have Creeping Bellflower, which is so awful to get rid of; so difficult and roots and spreads like crazy and I found an article which said that according to the fairy tale, Rapunzel's father stole the bellflower from a witch's garden and thus cursed his daughter (and that her name came from the flower?). Anyway, it seemed like a cool idea for the theme.

Have a good one!

edit on 7-6-2022 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2022 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Thanks! Too kind.

Inspiration can come from the most mundane things, but only your imagination turns it something magical... and your story is a prime example.

posted on Jun, 7 2022 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Oh, my goodness; I just learned what that strange flower that appear in my garden this year is; Creeping Bellflower!

I loved your story!

posted on Jun, 7 2022 @ 12:19 PM
link   

We made the mistake of planting staghorn sumac in our yard. Exotic, but spreads its roots like crazy then little sumacs emerge all over the place. Positively alien, and can't stop its spread.

Good story

Cheers
edit on 7-6-2022 by F2d5thCavv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2022 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
Oh, my goodness; I just learned what that strange flower that appear in my garden this year is; Creeping Bellflower!

If it just appeared this year, you can still do something about it!! It's a beautiful but insidious plant

I loved your story!

Thank you; thanks for reading!
Here's the article about Creeping Bellflower

www.gardeningknowhow.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2022 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

I've made the same mistake, but with mint plants. So far, it's under control in some side garden of mine but I imagine soon enough I'll regret that choice.

Thanks for reading.

posted on Jun, 7 2022 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Oh, and our house came with a yard with three giant sumacs (not sure about the variety) in the corner; neighbors have sumacs along our fence line as well. You're right that they look cool/exotic. But what an invasive plant.
edit on 7-6-2022 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2022 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Loved it, lol, made me think of “ Feed me Seymour “ 🥀 Have you ever seen a passion vine flower ? Another really vigorous vine with really alien looking flowers !
www.centraltexasgardener.org...

posted on Jun, 7 2022 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: MountainLaurel

Glad you liked the read; thank you!

Whatever I was picturing in my mind definitely resembled that passion vine flower you posted (purple and weird stamens/petals etc). Very interesting looking plant, indeed.

posted on Jun, 7 2022 @ 02:24 PM
link   

When I saw the title and then the author, I knew it will be good.

I was wrong, it's magnificent!

posted on Jun, 7 2022 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

Thank you, dear TDDA! Hope you're having a good one. And maybe you could write one for the contest, too?

posted on Jun, 7 2022 @ 09:16 PM
link   
We appreciate your submission

Good Luck in the Contest,
Johnny

posted on Jun, 7 2022 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyAnonymous

Thanks for the work you put into these contests. So many creative and excellent stories on here.

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
a reply to: JohnnyAnonymous

Thanks for the work you put into these contests. So many creative and excellent stories on here.

Appreciate the kind words but I'm really just a small 'cog' in the ATS Universe... But I agree 100% on the "many creative and excellent stories on here" statement. I also like the fact that we can all take a step back and just admire the clever mindset of the membership.

BTW.. your plant, "......monstrous, prehistoric thing unfurling velvet blooms the size of my head". Check this out from our very own "Fragile Earth Area:
This is the world’s largest plant and you won’t believe how massive it is

Sorry.. I was distracted because of the similarities (and timing) synchronicity of the whole Art imitating life (or is it the other way around)?

Johnny

posted on Jun, 10 2022 @ 02:32 PM
link   

I tried to answer this two days ago when my login cookie expired, looks like it got stuck:

When Muse kisses me, I have thought about partaking but currently I am out of creativity a bit.

edit on 10.6.2022 by TDDAgain because: (no reason given)

top topics

join