It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obi Won Kenobi

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Not a huge Star Wars aficionado, but I do follow along. The Mandalorian isn't bad, but TBOBF is pretty mediocre, so I really didn't have too many high hopes on OWK.

It's solid enough for what it is, and yes sometimes it seems a bit contrived, but it hits on enough of the right notes, buzzed through 3 episodes fairly quick.

Don't want to give away spoilers plenty of easter eggs and a fairly fun watch

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 09:44 PM
link   
In a nutshell, I can't wait till episode 4. Lot's of action in episode 3 for sure. To me was well done.
edit on 5-6-2022 by INnEedOfgOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I've watched a few episodes myself and I can't get over how that dark Jedi woman reminds me more of a BLM thug than a Jedi.

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: starshift

lmfao. brilliant observation.

im not even going to watch it, because dizney already told the actors how to 'respond' to faake raccism.

dizney seems to forget darth vader was voiced by a blak guy...

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: starshift
I've watched a few episodes myself and I can't get over how that dark Jedi woman reminds me more of a BLM thug than a Jedi.
Inclusion.

2nd

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: drongosrevenge
a reply to: starshift

lmfao. brilliant observation.

im not even going to watch it, because dizney already told the actors how to 'respond' to faake raccism.

dizney seems to forget darth vader was voiced by a blak guy...
I'm not sure, but without a spoiler I can or cannot comment on what might be or not in this series as far as authentic voices? You would have to see and listen for yourself. NEXT!

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Old Ben ?
I may give it a go .

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Haha, I agree with you on every point.

I think this is the best of the three series so far tho.

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 10:12 PM
link   

LOL I agree somewhat but we have seen worse examples, I pretty much avoid as much new Disney as possible except for the high profile stuff, but they will be pushing that agenda as long as it doesn't affect Mickey's pocketbook. FWIW it seemed less overt than previous Star Wars/Disney collaborations.

Im tired of talking about the PC/inclusion/diversity stuff somewhat, the more we talk about it the more they will push it.
edit on 5-6-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
Not a huge Star Wars aficionado, but I do follow along. The Mandalorian isn't bad, but TBOBF is pretty mediocre, so I really didn't have too many high hopes on OWK.

It's solid enough for what it is, and yes sometimes it seems a bit contrived, but it hits on enough of the right notes, buzzed through 3 episodes fairly quick.

I am not watching and paying for anything disney anymore. Haven't done so in a long while now. I advise anyone who is sane to do the same. Especially parents with young kids.

EDIT: I even uninstalled the Disney app from my TV and when i buy a new TV it will be one of the first things i do on it since that crap comes preinstalled on every TV. Its like CNN paying hotels and airports to show their channel.

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoSun, 05 Jun 2022 23:16:00 -05002220226America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 02:23 AM
link   
while some would disagree with a few on my list i do think this is another hit for disney

look they have screwed the pooch on alot of star wars.

but rouge one, solo , clone wars, rebels, bad batch, mandalorian and boba fett are on the good list

OBI is following in that "good" list

but i do have two issues with OBI .. One minor (totally geek) and one major

the minor is missing chance at some geek details in the child lea naming ships but you only see one (and poor shot at that).

yea i know totally being a geek.

but the major one is the makeup / effects on the grand inquisitor and brother jedi hunters.

look the actors play IMO the role well , even given the limited lines brother had.
the script for them is also great.

but the makeup looks like you hired a makeup person from wish , a bad cosplay , or first year effects student (and im being generous at any of those descriptions).

look i know its hard to get a perfect live action version of the animation
but while asoka character IMO isnt quit right and doku is spot on.
both are better by LIGHT YEARS than the grand inquisitor and brother

hell they cant even get the yellow eyes of the inquisitor right and that should be an easy effect to achieve (be contacts, cgi assist or both).

they are watchable ONLY because of how well they are played by the actors and the script.

but for crying out loud even the BACKGROUND characters in the episodes have better makeup and effects than these two.

if they can spend that kind of effort on those they sure as hell can do it for two of the MAIN CHARACTER BAD GUYS.

is it too much to ask for better on those two given how good overall the show is?

or am i the only one?

scrounger

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

The first two episodes where VERY hard for me to get through.
I grew up on Star Wars and had really high hopes for Kenobi.

But the acting, the divergence from star wars cannon with the inquisitor (Ill leave it at that for non spoilers)
Leah being a brat kid... That cringe of all cringe, 3 stooges like chase and kidnap scene.
Then her temper tantrum running away from Kenobi.

I was gutted at how awful I found the first 2 episodes.

But Episode 3 changed that all around for me. I'm actually looking forward to episode 4.
There's only going to be 6 eps total, so I hope its good writing the rest of the way.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

originally posted by: putnam6

I am not watching and paying for anything disney anymore. Haven't done so in a long while now. I advise anyone who is sane to do the same. Especially parents with young kids.

EDIT: I even uninstalled the Disney app from my TV and when i buy a new TV it will be one of the first things i do on it since that crap comes preinstalled on every TV. Its like CNN paying hotels and airports to show their channel.

I completely get the sentiment not a fan of Mickey all the time either, it was more a thread for those that may be interested in watching OWK, however.

Besides for me it comes with the rent,night as well use it.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Acting and dialogue is really bad, they did a horrible job casting and story is garb. Leah as a child is just cringe, won't be wasting any more time with Star Wars until next mando comes out.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 07:47 AM
link   
My youngest son is a Star Wars fanatic. We started watching the Disney series together starting with the Mandolorian. It's are weekly ritual to sit down with snacks and watch the latest episode of the newest series. He is 11 and loves every minute.

There are plenty of things I can nit-pick as an adult that grew up with the original Star Wars movies. However, watching these series with an 11 year old makes it so much more fun. He doesn't pay attention to any of the BS the adults complain about. He just knows it's Star Wars and it's going to be fun. I have since taken his attitude and it has been more enjoyable no matter the series.

There are plenty of moments where I want to roll my eyes but then I look over at him with the big smile on his face and remember that this stuff is ultimately supposed to be fun entertainment, not a research assignment.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: scrounger

Don't get me wrong LOL, I never watched any of the animation stuff, I understand it is mostly excellent though but I do not know the plotlines or even what they looked like.

I could pick it apart a bit myself, the chase scenes, Leia honestly is less irritating than I thought she would be and she still has her moments.
but eviscerating it, that gets old, and FWIW Im just not that invested, and it comes across sometimes like an old man yelling at a cloud. Besides plenty of those more intuned will skewer it.

It's a shame though, they had a built-in audience and they pissed on it a little bit. For what? so every member of society had something in it they could identify with and be included.

Hell, I can think of a handful of movies that I identify with, that have aspects I could relate to because of my life's experience. I don't have to identify with any characters though to enjoy a movie I have an imagination and realize that other people may live their lives completely different than mine.

The hell with just entertainment and sports alone there is something that irritates me almost every time I sit down and really watch. It's like I walked by the TV and GMA was on.......

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtrenthacker
My youngest son is a Star Wars fanatic. We started watching the Disney series together starting with the Mandolorian. It's are weekly ritual to sit down with snacks and watch the latest episode of the newest series. He is 11 and loves every minute.

There are plenty of things I can nit-pick as an adult that grew up with the original Star Wars movies. However, watching these series with an 11 year old makes it so much more fun. He doesn't pay attention to any of the BS the adults complain about. He just knows it's Star Wars and it's going to be fun. I have since taken his attitude and it has been more enjoyable no matter the series.

There are plenty of moments where I want to roll my eyes but then I look over at him with the big smile on his face and remember that this stuff is ultimately supposed to be fun entertainment, not a research assignment.

Definitely, I get that too, I enjoyed watching the Mask with my daughters when they were young, but Im not dialing up the Mask when Im hanging out or with friends. Perhaps therein lies the problem, veteran SW fans want canon, while Disney and the TV Show are trying to grow an audience. ie Mickey knows who has a longer better investment trajectory the 11-year-old boy or the 50-year-old Star Wars cosplayer. For example, the chase scene across rooftops with the croc bounty hunter is pretty campy there are a couple of cool angles but overall for me, it seemed too long and just a time filler. Parts of it come off as like the old Batman TV SERIES

lets face it we aren't the likely targeted demographic

edit on 6-6-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Now that is a bit unfair but her acting so far has been a bit wooden and she is herself capable of far more expressive acting.

I know that there will always be that divide in the US society but as someone not from the US.

For me though as Third Sister she is a bit petite and a taller actress would have fit the bill more and the death of the grand inquisitor though some lore fans have suggested he did NOT actually die or else is somehow brought back so is probably stewing in a bacter tank somewhere and will take revenge on the Third Sister at some future point in the series were she will either turn Light Side under Kenobi's inspiration (she is probably one of the younglings that ran for there lives when there teacher was killed by the clones and probably has an anger toward Kenobi after seeing the other kid's die while they were all hoping some Jedi Somewhere was coming to save them - so a counter pose to the Grand Inquisitors story since he Used to be a Jedi Temple Guard) OR it may end up being far darker.

I personally though am still gutted that DARTH Jar Jar was never realized and had a whole story in my mind about the dark heart of Naboo an ancient Sith star ship with A force Ghost of the dead sith OR perhaps the Gungan actually being a surviving mutated colony of the Rakaata whom had hidden away after the Rakaata civil war and the end of the majority of there one dark empire galaxy ruling race before the dawn of the old republic at the hands of there slave races that rose up against them.

But leaving the Rakaata idea out of it I would have had Jar Jar as a force sensitive that stumbled onto the ancient Sith Star ship and became a Sith Apprentice to a one powerful but long dead Force Ghost of an old Sith lord OR perhaps even possessed by such an entity.

He certainly jumped like a force user fought like a force user and in one of the comic's even knew how to use a lightsabre more affectively than most jedi but pretended to be a fool again when others were around to see him as after all he would fear Palpatine and the Rule of Two which had been the real death of the old Sith Order.

But back to the girl she is not such a bad actor and certainly better than Rey as a character if not tall or strong enough looking to be a scary inquisitor.

(broke my old keyboard and had to dig out ANOTHER old keyboard which the Apostrophe does not work and and keeps stopping working so sorry if my as usual bag grammar and spelling is worse than usual)
edit on 6-6-2022 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtrenthacker

I had seen the mandalorian because a friend convinced me that there was no woke programming in it and that it was good. This made me curious enough just to see if this was true and it was for the most part.

My issues with anything Disney is not with its quality, It is with its sneaky indoctrination. Trans, this Trans that gay this gay that , BLM , BLM. Children wont notice this consiously which is the real trick being played here.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I completely get the sentiment not a fan of Mickey all the time either, it was more a thread for those that may be interested in watching OWK, however.

Besides for me it comes with the rent,night as well use it.

I know that you are very much against all this woke indoctrination Putnam and i understand.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join