It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Burger King's Pride Whopper Has Seriously Divided People did a double check to see if real

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Not a fan of most of these food promotional woke crap or promotions in general. We had the spooky Whopper, the angry Whooper, and now the "Pride" whopper. Most times it means they have a surplus of whopper patties in the freezer they need to get rid of.

In not against the thought or anything "but", I don't know if it's wise in some Burger Kings to let those making your "Pride" whopper where exactly you stand on this issue. You might find a little something extra in between your buns.

It's like cereal companies advertising to kids their sugar cereals on Saturday morning in the 70s. Or the smoking is cool in the 50's and 60's.

Now you ain't woke till you had our overly processed chemical full "Pride" whopper put together by some angst and angry filled teenager

www.unilad.co.uk... hopper-has-seriously-divided-people-20220603

The Pride Whopper is just like a standard Whopper, however, the filling is sandwiched between two identical buns.

Sharing the news on its Instagram account, the fast food giant wrote: "May we introduce The Pride WHOPPER.

"With two equal buns for equal love and equal rights.

"We set an example for the equality of all identities and sexual orientations.

"A little twist meant to put a smile on our faces and remind us to treat each other with respect and peace.

"No matter who you are and who you love. #TimeToBeProud.

"The Pride WHOPPER is now open until June 20th. available in all restaurants! How are you celebrating Pride this year?"

But while a few have welcomed the promotion, others have been less than impressed, with many left thinking it was a joke.

Writing on social media, one critic said: "Who approved this?"

edit on 5-6-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Doesn't it just annoy you how they always put a professional chef made burger on there posters and when you get one it look's nothing like the poster image and it is often also smaller than you imagine.

Never mind the Pride Crap, that sadly is just the world we are living in (as it was in the days of Noah) and try as we may we can't get away from it, just don't buy there crap and you will probably be healthier anyway.

Star Wars, Doctor Who, Every other TV show and movie and even advertisements like this corporate band wagon hopping insult to decency have an over representation of Gay characters.

It is not about being anti Gay or anything like that but it's just that we did not ask to have this crap shoved in our faces by social engineering corporations and weirdo movements as they seek to brainwash the public and then capitalize on there actions by using it in there advertising campaign's.

We don't want to expose our Children to it and yet the people in charge of these institutions DO NOT CARE.

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

Doesn't it just annoy you how they always put a professional chef made burger on there posters and when you get one it look's nothing like the poster image and it is often also smaller than you imagine.

It's a metaphor for liberalism

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 08:56 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I forgot that scene, loved that movie and will have to watch it again sometime.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I said to a friend back in January that eating out in a restaurant would be a thing of the past. A restaurant can only compete on wages by raising the price enough to put it out of business because people always have the alternative to eat at home for less.

The initial reaction is “You made the burger wrong by giving me two bottoms.” “It is to show gay pride.” “So you purposefully messed up my burger, what else did you do to it?” It just became a “When did you stop beating your wife question.” as every answer is suspect. Has nothing to do with homophobia just strong suspicion and distrust of a barely perceived competent staff to begin with in people’s mind (always messing up your order).

Way to lose business. Just bring back the “It takes two hands to handle a Whopper” slogan and leave it at that.

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Never mind the Pride Crap, that sadly is just the world we are living in (as it was in the days of Noah) and try as we may we can't get away from it, just don't buy there crap and you will probably be healthier anyway.

Star Wars, Doctor Who, Every other TV show and movie and even advertisements like this corporate band wagon hopping insult to decency have an over representation of Gay characters.

It is not about being anti Gay or anything like that but it's just that we did not ask to have this crap shoved in our faces by social engineering corporations and weirdo movements as they seek to brainwash the public and then capitalize on there actions by using it in there advertising campaign's.

We don't want to expose our Children to it and yet the people in charge of these institutions DO NOT CARE.

I healthy dose of skepticism of all corporate promotions after seeing close up how things are decided, pushed and approved. Much like when you US Army promotions by the NFL THE army paid for those promotions. ie Burger King being paid to do this by a special interest group

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 09:05 AM
link   

I don’t get it. It offers nothing. Just an improperly put together burger. If anything it’s an insult.
Why don’t you just tell the cashier “I’m gay, and I’d like a whopper”. At least then you’d get it put together properly.

Do you have to tell them if you want tops or bottoms too? That seems over the line.

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Burger King: Pride Whopper

D-Fens: : Five, Now your die with that stupid little burger in your mouth.

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
I said to a friend back in January that eating out in a restaurant would be a thing of the past. A restaurant can only compete on wages by raising the price enough to put it out of business because people always have the alternative to eat at home for less.

The initial reaction is “You made the burger wrong by giving me two bottoms.” “It is to show gay pride.” “So you purposefully messed up my burger, what else did you do to it?” It just became a “When did you stop beating your wife question.” as every answer is suspect. Has nothing to do with homophobia just strong suspicion and distrust of a barely perceived competent staff to begin with in people’s mind (always messing up your order).

Way to lose business. Just bring back the “It takes two hands to handle a Whopper” slogan and leave it at that.

I don't go too fast food places too much anymore, but I used to all the time when I traveled on the road for a living. LOL, some of my high school friends ended up in the "fast food industry" ironic huh, one of them said lots of time promotions are done when they get a deal on base items meat, buns, and potatoes, for all we know BK got a deal because some bun company mixed up packaging. Rumors were the scary Whopper came from the had new bun supplier, and they did the black buns to get Burge King to switch to them. Those buns were sold to BK at an extreme discount so BK's promotion of every scary Whopper sold BK made more than form a regular whopper.

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Do we really need to jump on this supposed inclusion band wagon? Or is it just reallly a bunch of virtue signaling? You know, because Burger King cares so much about inclusion……just like politicians do and Hollywood actors.

Asinine.
edit on 5-6-2022 by wdkirk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Ive always loved "Falling Down" but the older I get I identify with 'Falling Down" on a deeper and deeper level. My f------ Whammy burger never looks like the ad either dammit

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: wdkirk

Hold the pickles
Hold the lettuce
Special orders don’t upset us
Have it your way.

Old jingle. Damn I’m old.

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

I was late to the party.. Posted that video, that is a great movie and is what? 30 years old?
edit on 5-6-2022 by Islandparty because: posted an already posted video
~

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
Ive always loved "Falling Down" but the older I get I identify with 'Falling Down" on a deeper and deeper level. My f------ Whammy burger never looks like the ad either dammit

Yeah, there are plenty of times as I've gotten older that I wished I had a rocket launcher, A.K.A. problem solver.

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: wdkirk
Do we really need to jump on this supposed inclusion band wagon? Or is it just reallly a bunch of virtue signaling? You know, because Burger King cares so much about inclusion……just like politicians do and Hollywood actors.

I prescribe the best way to get something to be accepted as normal, is to let it fade into the background where normal exists.

We have become too cynical, once something is promoted enough we have disdain for it. Anything corporate and eve Rah Rah BS is shunned and ridiculed by a significant segment. Probably rightfully so, checks and balances.

When will the LGBTQ community be accepted as normal? When the LGBTQ community decides it doesn't need this extra awareness. Already the tolerant have accepted and the rest will just have to wait for them to expire, and slowly it will it change. It doesn't have to divide anybody, which may bring up the larger point.

edit on 5-6-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Ummm, so during Pride Month (which should be about large groups of lions) is instead about putting meat between buns?

Their marketing team did not think this one through.

Someone corporate is getting the axe.

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Could all be Impossible Whoppers too, which would be fake meat between buns. Inclusion is everyone.

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Ummm, so during Pride Month (which should be about large groups of lions) is instead about putting meat between buns?

Their marketing team did not think this one through.

Someone corporate is getting the axe.

I like that you can get two bottoms.

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 09:53 AM
link   

You know - you do you, and I generally don't care right up until you get all up in my face about it.

If the only difference between a gay person and me is who and how we get our rocks off, then why don't I get a straight pride month? Why is it somehow only brave and celebratory to screw someone who's the same sex as you?

Get off my back and out of my face already. I don't care whom you f***. It's your kink; get on with your life. Unless and until it becomes my problem, I simply don't care. You are so much more than your sex life.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join