It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My C.V. - SN2022

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2022 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I awaken even before bedtime; I'm ever-present. I scale tall buildings with one hand; notwithstanding I invented the elevator. It takes me 1 min. to cook a 3 min. egg; I have 5 Michelin Stars. I was invited to defend singlehandedly a small country from barbaric invaders, but I was too busy with some knit work for 99 balding sheep. I'm well known for reciting backwards George Orwell's 1984, but it's boring and won't do it again. I'm a demigod, but worshipping isn’t enforced. In short, I'm Supernatural... however, I have yet to work for your company… pretty please!

The END

edit on 1/6/2022 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2022 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Thanks for your submission Encia22

Wishing you success in the Contest!
Johnny

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

Thank you. "balding sheep" makes for quite a visual.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Cheers, F2d5thCavv2, I tried to be as ludicrous as possible, yet convincing.

posted on Jun, 18 2022 @ 05:38 PM
link   

That painted a vivid train of "mental images" indeed. I like the what I think best word is "casual" style in this.

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Round and round, circling circling, wha?? why??
Oh one more ending pulling it together. Did the end come first or only make it's appearance as the piece developed?

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Yep, the ending was already part and parcel of the story. It was just an exercise in seeing how ridiculous I could make the applicant's experiences, and yet not having had a "normal" job. I tried to shoehorn a supernatural element to it, but I wasn't really convinced it would work.

It was inspired by something similar I read about twenty years ago, which was a letter to a University, but my story falls well short of the quality of that piece.

posted on Jul, 15 2022 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Encia,

What was really depressing about the jobs scene was how the best positions went to people the management already knew with little regard for real competence.

Introduction letters and CVs are desperate bids by those who aren't in the correct networks for the positions they think they want.

And yes, the art of writing those "please hire me" pieces is notable in a sad kind of way.

Cheers

new topics

top topics

join