It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SHORT STORY WRITERS CONTEST June-July 2022 -- SUPERNATURAL --SN2022 ---Winners Announced

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+72 more 
posted on May, 31 2022 @ 09:56 PM
link   
This is an Official ATS Short Story Writers Contest!
This is Also a 100-Word Limit Contest!

It is open to ALL members of ATS.

This area is a safe place for our 'mighty fine creative minds' to gather. If you'd like to participate, know that the Terms and Conditions of your membership are strongly enforced. You are not in the Mud-Pit. Profanity, Political baiting, Personal attacks, are not allowed or welcomed at all. Want to talk about something else? Then go to the other forums here at ATS. We only discuss the stories in here written by YOU, the membership.

Your Entry Has to be Original Fiction & posted in it's own thread HERE in the Short Stories forum,. Then in this contest thread, create a post with a link to your story. If you need any help with Spelling or Grammar-checking, Word-Counting, and more please visit; Writer Tools; Spell Check and More

Your Story Should be written and edited with proper paragraphs. We have noticed that stories copy & pasted from 'mobile devices' might lose their formatting. Please review how it looks on the ATS Thread and add the proper editing (as you have only about 20 minutes to make edits/corrections). This is a contest, no one wants to read a solid block of words.

You may enter more than once, but you can only win one prize.

"The END" needs to be at the bottom of your story, it wont add to the wordcount.

You will be awarded "Writer" Status if you win 1st or 2nd in the non-writer category, please add in your title 'non-writer'.

The contest will run from NOW to Friday, July 1, 2022. Any submissions after that date will be disqualified. A period of ONE WEEK after the closing of the contest will be provided for reading & voting.

Contest Winners get to choose the next Contest Theme. This contest theme is courtesy of our last winner Degradation33, and is entitled; SUPERNATURAL --SN2022--
This is a 100-Word Limit Contest!

The SUPERNATURAL... Any narrative about the paranormal, unknown, mysterious, or extra terrestrial. Unexplained "creepy pasta" like narratives to first hand accounts.

So, there it is!
How you perceive the idea of the SUPERNATURAL is entirely up to YOU!

RULES OF ENTRY (are simple)

* Entries must be original fiction. ATS members cannot be characters.
* Entries MUST include -SN2022- in your Stories title. ( e.g. A Ghost Lived in My Attic -SN2022- non-writer )
* This is a 100-Word Limit Contest. (in this Current contest), but remember it is a 'SHORT STORY' Contest. Stories that run past the OP are accepted but no points given for additional posts.
* You need to post a link to your story here in this contest thread so others know that you made up an entry.
* You must stay within the Terms and Conditions (please read)

WINNERS and SCORING

ATS "Writer" status, prizes as follows:
1st -- 5 Applause, and gets to choose the next contest theme (Repeat winners can choose to pass to another for the theme of a future contest).
2nd -- 3 Applause
3rd -- 1 Applause

non-writer will receive the following:
1st Place -- 3 Applause & Writer Status
2nd Place -- 2 Applause & Writer Status
3rd Place -- 1 Applause

How the Contestants get points to win all depends on you! You can give FLAGS to your favorite story and add STARS to your favorite stories opening post.

We then tally up the scores of 'Flags' (worth 2 points each). And 'Stars' in the opening post (worth 1 point each)

And that's it! Got a question? We're happy to try and answer anything about the
contests/rules etc. But ENJOY this new contest, GOOD LUCK, HAPPY READING and HAVE FUN!

Note: New OP contest format, image selection and artwork thanks to JohnnyAnonymous.

edit on Tue May 31 2022 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

edit on Thu Jul 14 2022 by DontTreadOnMe because: ANNOUNCED HERE

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 10:05 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 1 2022 @ 04:19 AM
link   
BTW... You can submit a 100 stories (or more) if you like... but remember that they all have to be original and can't be part of some 'multi-story' that has part two, part three, etc. Thats a No-No.. and won't be accepted. But a 100 individually unique and different stories are not only welcomed but desired! The more the merrier. But I digress.

And don't forget to put "The End" at the end of your story (duh). AND the answer to your next question is NO, adding "THE END" does not count towards the 100 word limit.

Also.. there's this (free) website called Word Counter where you can write your story, make sure you have proper spacing between paragraphs, correct grammar & spelling errors, and it will keep count of your words. Then just "Copy & Paste" the whole creation back over here into your Story Thread. Hit and check the preview 'feature' to see how it looks before actually posting it (a life saver). I actually used it to create my little 100 word demonstration below.

Walking out of the Drugstore, Alexander opened the jar and swallowed two purple pills prescribed for his anxieties. He began reading to himself the warning label on the side of the container.

"Taking this medication may increase the chances of having hallucinations or experiencing one or more of the following; Anomalous Phenomena, Disembodied Spirits, UFO's, Missing Time, Astral Entities and Time Travel. Do not attempt to drive or fly while using or under the influence of."

"What the hell does that mean.. hallucinations or experiencing one or more ..."

Just then a huge purple Dinosaur appeared singing; "I Love You.....You Love Me"

THE END

edit on 6/1/2022 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2022 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

That's great! Thanks DTOM and Johnny for setting this up.

The 100 word limit will surely be interesting. I tend to be wordy, so this will be a challenge!

a reply to: JohnnyAnonymous

Excellent little story to get the ball rolling...

posted on Jun, 1 2022 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Off the cuff entry...
Art of Subtlety

posted on Jun, 1 2022 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Ok, here's MY C.V.

edit on 1/6/2022 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2022 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Enjoy!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

For a little extra fun. Want to see what Scalloping is really like? Take a peek at this video I found.
I worked with Welchy on The Westport.

m.youtube.com...

edit on 08-19-2021 by PiratesCut because: Some added fun

posted on Jun, 1 2022 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Contestants are reminded...this month you are limited to

100 WORDS or less........

posted on Jun, 1 2022 @ 08:10 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 1 2022 @ 09:15 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 1 2022 @ 09:50 PM
link   

My contribution; titled, "Read This Thread".

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 03:52 AM
link   
This just came Naturally

Naturally (SN2022)

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 03:52 AM
link   

"Took His Point"

Enjoy.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 06:55 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Here is my second entry --> Supreme Chaos

My first story was just some fun. This second one is more dramatic, attempting an acrostic piece, though not intended as a poem.

edit on 2/6/2022 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Hi everyone; here is mine:

😃

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 11:15 AM
link   
There Once was a Ghost from Nantucket

As guessed by the title this is a little limerick written for this contest offering up a ghostly twist on probably the most famous limerick of all time.

edit on 30America/ChicagoThu, 02 Jun 2022 11:21:15 -0500Thu, 02 Jun 2022 11:21:15 -050022062022-06-02T11:21:15-05:001100000021 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 11:19 AM
link   
A ghostly echo.Never mind.
edit on 30America/ChicagoThu, 02 Jun 2022 11:21:54 -0500Thu, 02 Jun 2022 11:21:54 -050022062022-06-02T11:21:54-05:001100000021 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 11:55 AM
link   
The Accident....

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 12:31 PM
link   

One more

Cheers

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join