It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uvalde PD, school district PD no longer cooperating with investigation into school shooting

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

You are welcome.. Hopefully the info makes people think about this stuff a little but more than they normally would. Just bear in mind that I am not a lawyer. People make the argument that cops only see in terms of black/white / wrong/ right. We have to do that to do our job. A lawyer on the other hand is paid to zealously represent their client and to make creative arguments to achieve the best possible outcome for their clients so im positive my explanations, from a lawyers perspective, makes no sense.

As for the use of the death penalty, imo, we need to get rid of it or severely restrict its use. It does not serve as a deterrent, especially when the people in question (drug cartels / mob, etc) view of "due process" is a lot less dainty than ours.

It takes years mainly because of how the supreme court has ruled and individual state laws. In general a person who is convicted and sentenced to death automatically has the verdict appealed. The only way around that is if a person refuses the appeals (a good example is Timothy McVeigh - bombed the federal building in Oklahoma). From his trial and conviction (sentenced to death) to his execution - 1995 and executed in 2001 - so 6 years. After the initial automatic appeal (he lost) he stopped all other attempts to appeal.

Our judicial system is not perfect and generally it would rather see a criminal walk free than an innocent person going to jail/prison/death.

As for the Jan 6th bs, it just shows, imo, how desperate the left is in trying to stop Trump, which tells me he did more damage to the "powers that be" than we thought / know about.

posted on Jan, 18 2024 @ 01:52 PM
link   
DOJ blames Texas police 100%, even though DOJ oversees all training of U.S. law enforcement, and says "The Buck Stops At The Top".

DOJ wimps out: www.foxnews.com...

new topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join