It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Plan To Feed Primary School Children Locusts And Mealworms To Make The UK Greener

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2022 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

It's more about vulnerability, than the exposure of the nether-regions.

Nakedness is symbolic, for not having one's normal ' layers ' of defense.

Hope yer mind wasn't in the gutter there, ole Dasky ?

posted on Jun, 1 2022 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin
Nakedness is symbolic, for not having one's normal ' layers ' of defense.

I was thinking that with the TM it was going to be the same format, you did say "Naked-and-Afraid™ style".

With that cast, that formula just wouldn't work.

We might have to sell chocolate covered ants instead of popcorn to see any profit.

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: Nothin
Lions are 100% carnivores.

Now if you would have said apes it would be apples to apples and they already do eat insects.

Chimps eat meat sometimes.

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
Chimps eat meat sometimes.

Probably every time they get the chance, but my point wasn't that they never eat meat, just that, as omnivores, they munch on some insects as well.

Honestly, after posting, but after the editing time ran out, I was going to change "apes" to "humans in places where eating insects is common" as the best apples to apples comparison.

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ussmidway
A little ketchup and it'll be just fine.
Sea veggies are a staple of the macrobiotic diet.
Bugs not so much. These Climate Change proponents keep trying to tell us cow farts are causing global warming and that Americans are too affluent so we should stop eating beef.
Same people who have littered the earth with wind turbines.

posted on Jun, 20 2022 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: CptGreenTea

I can agree with that.
I'm no vegetarian by any means. I hunt. I know what it is to kill an animal.
I never like it.

posted on Jun, 20 2022 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

Eating insects is not about climate change.

It's about human population size. It's about land vs farm animal population vs human population.
The math doesn't add up.

Unless we find some other form of protein we will run out of available land for farm animals. When you think about this make sure you factor in all the land we use to grow the food that those animals eat.
Now think about all the water they need.
Now think about how many humans will be on earth in 100 years.
Now factor in all the land nature needs to keep itself healthy. Land we can't use for farming.

Something has to change. And what would you rather it be? Forced vegetarianism? Lab grown meat? Limit on how many children people can have? or eating insects?
It will be your grand children that have to make this choice. But what would you choose?

posted on Jun, 20 2022 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

If we could somehow come together then - vegetarianism and limited births (1-2 child limit).

posted on Jun, 20 2022 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: CptGreenTea
If we could somehow come together then - vegetarianism and limited births (1-2 child limit).

According to this Land use per kilogram of food product, you don't even have to go vegetarian. Just have to reduce the beef. Everything else, including pork, poultry and farm raised fish use 5.3% or less land per kg of meat produced compared to beef.

Lamb and mutton use even more land but it doesn't seem to be very popular.

ETA: Changed link because the statista seemed to be behind a wall asking for personal info to view.

edit on 20-6-2022 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2022 @ 07:47 PM
link   

But vegetarianism is far more ethical and causes less issues.

Yes, i know, its a pipe dream but just saying.

posted on Jun, 20 2022 @ 08:30 PM
link   

But vegetarianism is far more ethical and causes less issues.

Yes, i know, its a pipe dream but just saying.

Hey, I'm down for some fake meat or even vat grown meat, as long as it tastes good and those prices come down. What is it like almost $4.00 for a Beyond Burger patty? Is that wagyu pea protein that they are putting in those patties?

But there are many that are not willing to try stuff like that but even opting for other meats would make a difference.

posted on Jun, 20 2022 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Will the dental visits be better?

posted on Jun, 20 2022 @ 08:36 PM
link   

haha yea it can be expensive but legumes, nuts, and grains are all great (mostly) cheap sources of protein.

Society maybe has to get past their meat obsession?

Although artificial real meat will probably be a thibg of the future.

posted on Jun, 20 2022 @ 09:32 PM
link   

haha yea it can be expensive but legumes, nuts, and grains are all great (mostly) cheap sources of protein.

True but some of those nuts and legumes use about the same or even more land than some meat sources.

Society maybe has to get past their meat obsession?

I doubt that is going to happen anytime soon. I mean you even have people going all in on the carnivore diet, so even some people aiming for a healthier lifestyle see meat as the healthier alternative to grains and beans.

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: CptGreenTea

Lab grown meat and insects for me.

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I'm wondering what kind of control and safety measures they have in place to ensure a safe product? I mean, there would have to be testing on longevity of a safe product, temps and such. Are bugs Kosher? Whose raising the bugs, where do they come from?

Also, what about Vegetarians/Vegans? Do they consider bugs animals?

Lots of questions.

posted on Jun, 25 2022 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Vegans would most likely be against eating bugs. The vegans i asked said that its possible bugs can experiance pain or suffering. Therefore, it would not be considered ethical.

posted on Jun, 25 2022 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

This story made me intensely, intensely angry, and sad at the same time. This is pure manipulation & is derogatory & patronising in every conceivable way. Monstrous. House crickets are disgusting creatures, and insects are commonly referenced as unclean in scripture. These WEF bastards need to be force fed insects for at least a year before they make children eat them. As if the adults would willingly follow, knowing that this is a disgusting, politicised pseudo-solution to the alleged climate change, which doesn't really exist.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join