It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Plan To Feed Primary School Children Locusts And Mealworms To Make The UK Greener

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2022 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Yeah, it is all just one big conspiracy theory they said. The WEF and elites don't want you to eat bugs. You shall own nothing, eat bugs, and love it!

MSM is reporting it now. Appears they will start trialing bug meat in UK schools to kids age 5 to 11. 390 million by 2030

Eat your bugs peasants.

www.msn.com... ner/ar-AAXRXnR

Children are to be fed bugs as part of a plan to get a new generation to switch from meat to insects – and persuade their parents to follow their lead.

Pupils at four primary schools in Wales are to be offered insects to eat as part of a project to gauge children’s appetite for “alternative protein” such as crickets, grasshoppers, silkworms, locusts and mealworms.

Researchers hope their findings will give clues as to how best educate children on the environmental and nutritional benefits of edible insects across the UK, and potentially overseas – and, in turn, their parents, as the world looks to help the environment by cutting meat consumption.

A 2020 study estimated that 9 million European consumers had eaten insects in 2019, and forecast that this would increase to 390 million by 2030

www.dailymail.co.uk... nel=rss&ns_campaign=1490&ito=1490

Researchers are planning to feed bugs like house crickets and mealworms to children between the ages of five and 11 from four primary schools in Wales.

They are also planning to serve up 'bolognese' made from insect and plant protein, and potentially encourage them and their parents to move away from meat.

edit on 30-5-2022 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2022 @ 11:21 PM
link   
They are insane.

Researchers are planning to feed bugs like house crickets and mealworms to children between the ages of five and 11 from four primary schools in Wales.

Nothing like feeding the youth with bugs and potentially exposing them to health issues..
There are reasons why a majority of old human tribes didn't eat bugs or mealworms.

edit on 30-5-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2022 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Not eating bugs, I will die first..no kidding.

posted on May, 30 2022 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Meh. I would chomp on some insects, not all.

I like the non-gushy ones to be honest.

A lot of cultures eat insects.

Hormiga culona

You arent wrong about this happening tho. Don’t know why you posted it in conspiracy.

Wales online .UK linky

edit on 30-5-2022 by TheAlleghenyGentleman because: Ant ass

posted on May, 30 2022 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Everything needs nutrition to grow, mealworms have nutrition but they also eat lots of food to grow....they are pretty light too, meaning they are not that good of a protein source for humans...but they are good for chickens. Maybe people who are chicken about everything will love mealworms.

posted on May, 30 2022 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
Yeah, it is all just one big conspiracy theory they said. The WEF and elites don't want you to eat bugs.

I don't recall anyone saying that.

I remember some people saying it isn't a big deal and others saying "give me beef or give me death" or something like that.

posted on May, 30 2022 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

I had earthworms in a spaghetti dish once, and also in another goulosh or something. They weren't too bad to eat, but cleaning them was pretty crappy. cutting them and squishing the poop out of them was a little gross. Then they had to be soaked in something for a while, I just helped squish the guts content out and ate them. I didn't get into the other stuff they did.

Don't like snails, but shrimp are ok. We eat sea bugs...well, the wife doesn't. She won't eat worms either...she would starve before she ate worms.

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Love snails. Love shrimp. I also like crunchy insects.

If it’s fried even better.

I have had the classic chocolate ants. Delish.

I don’t think I could eat balut.

I think that is definitely my line.

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Why not just incorporate more vegan dishes if they want people to eat less meat? Why is the answer to eat bugs lol.

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 12:38 AM
link   
A little ketchup and it'll be just fine.

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I detest crickets. I suffer misophonia, and they give me the worst migraines. I have to put in ear buds, or wear headphones just to literally dowse them... even then my brain hears them, when I remove the plugs or phones, there is nothing... it's a catastrophe. Hate the bastards. Killed more in the bathroom than I can count. Yet a cocophany of chirps resonates through my walls. I'd rather set the house on fire than eat them.

Old houses.... who'd live in one, except me. gah. bang the walls, they stop for a mere moment. I'm sure they are sent by the devil to torture me. one stops, the other starts. bingo bango, a pillow over my face, just to drown them out.

I don't even like bacon any more, so the thought of crickets and bugs for a meal, turns my stomach. bleh..
edit on 31-5-2022 by jerich0 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

I had earthworms in a spaghetti dish once, and also in another goulosh or something. They weren't too bad to eat, but cleaning them was pretty crappy. cutting them and squishing the poop out of them was a little gross. Then they had to be soaked in something for a while, I just helped squish the guts content out and ate them. I didn't get into the other stuff they did.

Don't like snails, but shrimp are ok. We eat sea bugs...well, the wife doesn't. She won't eat worms either...she would starve before she ate worms.

Jesus... O.o I was at a shopping mall near me, a few years ago... this relatively slow person came up to me as I was on the phone to my ex, and told me he had eaten a plate of earth worms.. Thanks for that info, not that I asked.

my reply ? "You must have been quite hungry!"

he stumbled with his mouth, didn't utter a word, and walked away. I know you can dry burn worms to make a kind of spice if you're off the grid, but I've seen people eat them live. Not on my watch, or my fork for that matter. I'd rather eat a pine tree's bark, with all the vit c, fried into a kind of crispy meal. Or eat a duck, cooked beyond belief to eradicate all the toxins in it from living near society. Where have all the hamburgers gone.. o.O

edit on 31-5-2022 by jerich0 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: CptGreenTea
Why not just incorporate more vegan dishes if they want people to eat less meat? Why is the answer to eat bugs lol.

They're generally healthier, calorie dense and more sustainable than vegan.

Suprisigly tasty when caramalised or with a bit of cinamon on.

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman
a reply to: rickymouse

Love snails. Love shrimp. I also like crunchy insects.

If it’s fried even better.

I have had the classic chocolate ants. Delish.

I don’t think I could eat balut.

I think that is definitely my line.

The onle thing I can eat whole, is prawns. Deep fried, legs, feelers and all. crunch. And to think, a prawn is basically a cockroach from the sea. You ever poured boiling water an a roach? Crumbles up like a prawn. But step on one, it stinks like almonds. yeesh. I can't even dice a crab without wanting to heave, given their goo inside betwixt the meat.

Bug and worms. nah uh. Though it's mostly societal reasoning that I wouldn't. But yeah nah... And I come froma land where the natives eat witchetty grubs. Holy buckets.... the head is apparently crunchy.

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

originally posted by: CptGreenTea

They're generally healthier, calorie dense and more sustainable than vegan.

Suprisigly tasty when caramalised or with a bit of cinamon on.

You know, cinnamon flavoured cockroaches is still not something I'd prefer to digest.

I'm almost a vegan, apart from lamb chops.. yet I still wont entertain eating bugs.

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

originally posted by: infolurker
Yeah, it is all just one big conspiracy theory they said. The WEF and elites don't want you to eat bugs.

I don't recall anyone saying that.

I remember some people saying it isn't a big deal and others saying "give me beef or give me death" or something like that.

Well we cant eat maggots who would run the Country.

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
Not eating bugs, I will die first..no kidding.

yep me too some one will die

and it won't be us.

soylent green next?

which is funny.

rankchart.org...

i can't find much about the ingredients tho.

Soylent.com Soylent.com - Healthy, convenient, affordable food
Soylent is healthy, convenient, affordable food. We engineered Soylent to provide all the protein, carbohydrates, lipids, and micronutrients that a bo...

edit on 03/22/2022 by sarahvital because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: sarahvital

The WCF, WEF had also urged humanity to start eating seaweeds..

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: jerich0

originally posted by: rickymouse

Jesus... O.o I was at a shopping mall near me, a few years ago... this relatively slow person came up to me as I was on the phone to my ex, and told me he had eaten a plate of earth worms.. Thanks for that info, not that I asked.

my reply ? "You must have been quite hungry!"

he stumbled with his mouth, didn't utter a word, and walked away. I know you can dry burn worms to make a kind of spice if you're off the grid, but I've seen people eat them live. Not on my watch, or my fork for that matter. I'd rather eat a pine tree's bark, with all the vit c, fried into a kind of crispy meal. Or eat a duck, cooked beyond belief to eradicate all the toxins in it from living near society. Where have all the hamburgers gone.. o.O

worms,

bite off the ends and suck out the middle.

how long will it take evolution to let us catch flies with our sticky tongues?

although you can feed the kids and their pet lizard and turtles the same food.
saves money and clean up.

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Pupils at four primary schools in Wales are to be offered insects to eat as part of a project to gauge children’s appetite for “alternative protein” such as crickets, grasshoppers, silkworms, locusts and mealworms.

As this has met the news cycle, one can easily suppose that the parents of the students in these four primary schools are also aware of this exploratory program. The article provide by the new outlet clearly states, not that they will be fed, which suggests being forced to eat, but rather offered the opportunity.

So if it is ok with the parents, who are we to get all riled up over their children's taste preferences?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join