It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden: There’s ‘No Rational Basis’ For Citizens To have 9mm Pistols

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Oh this guy hahaha with the rational reasoning

Get off me!

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Absolutely HIS REALITY from the perspective of a 70 IQ vegetable.

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

" People think it's not possible to abolish the 2nd Amendment , I'm telling you it is and they will. "

To Even Try and Abolish it LEGALLY Could Never Happen , but to Try it ILLEGALLY as an Act of Treason Against the American People would be Considered a Declaration Of WAR . Yes , Thomas Jefferson Did See the Possibility of that Happening one Day in the Future of America , but He and others gave the Legal Authority to the People to Overcome it If Need Be ....

They know this. But they still try.

This is why they want to pack the Supreme Court.

The very first thing a Republican Congress and President should do is codify 9 justices into law.

I wish the founders had thought of a Constitutional Court to serve as a final check on the Supreme Court. We're dangerously close to the SC preventing challenges to the Constitutionality of laws.

What's to stop them from passing a law, that outlaws guns, then it inevitably goes to the SC, a Liberal leaning court upholds it as Constitutional, even though it's not. Case Closed. Game Over. Civil War.

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: IxTheReaper

originally posted by: wills120

originally posted by: wills120

originally posted by: Gothmog

Biden: There’s ‘No Rational Basis’ For Citizens To have 9mm Pistols

Joe , Thomas Jefferson made it perfectly clear as to the reason for the 2nd Amendment .
And there was no caliber restrictions involved .

You do of course realise that your precious 2nd Ammendment was written in 1792 and the first known caliber bullet wasn't invented until about 1876?
As an Aussie I find it ridiculous that you lot scream about 2nd ammendment, conveniently ignore the fact that it was written when the most deadly gun they could fathom was a single shot front load musket, capable of 3 shots in a minute - in the hands of a competent musketman!

You are quite wrong. Enjoy reading about the Puckle gun:

Puckle Gun

Haha I'll give you that one - sort of. I definitely had no idea that there was a 'repeating gun' that old, but technically i'm still right, as in that was musket balls - not a caliber of ammunition that the origial post was trying to point out

I understand where you're going with this but the real importance of the Second Amendment is a check and balance on an out-of-control government (which we are very close to or arguably already there - Canada certainly is).

More to your point, the United States military has an array of weapons that would devastate your average militia. What they lack is the ability to fight asymmetrically.... we’ve had unacceptable losses in nearly every single instance or engagement when fighting in these conditions (see Vietnam, Somalia, Iraq and Afghanistan). Now imagine if even 5% of our armed population (my bad math puts that at about 3-5 million or so) decided to take up arms and disrupt society? Our society is very, very fragile - look at what happens when a major traffic light goes out or water/electricity is down. People literally lose their minds at the inconvenience (at least in the suburban/urban areas). Now imagine an event where every region suffers insurgent attacks on infrastructure. Imagine water treatment plants being destroyed, imagine the electrical grid being brought down for days, weeks, months. Bridges destroyed, gas stations blown up, communication outages, etc.

I live in California and the calls for gun control are non-stop. What you’ll never hear is what happens in Mexico where being found with a couple rounds of ammunition can put you in prison for +5 years and firearms are strictly banned. So, who is it there that’s responsible for the gun violence in one of the most violent countries in the world?
The cartels and criminals – they know the populace is unarmed. Also notice that it’s EXACTLY the template being applied to American cities right now. Is it a conspiracy to destroy America? I have no idea but what I do know is that disarming law-abiding citizens is creating real victims. This is why any of the proposed gun control measures are such a bad idea – they favor the criminals, not the citizens.

God bless our Second Amendment. It’s the amendment that protects all others.

Thank you I appreciate your response.

But honestly, I still don't understand, what you're describing above, insurgent attacks across the country. That would be a fantastic way to cripple a COUNTRY, but I don't know how you could go from there to toppling the government? As you said, people go off their heads if a traffic light goes down. Taking out major infrastructure would destroy your society, becoming anarchy, which I guess does make the government irrelevant, but at what cost? Destroy a large part of the country in the process? I would think that with self-contained bomb-proof bunkers, a plane that technically never needs to land, and I'm sure a million other things your government has for safety that the cost to the country as a whole would be far greater than the cost to the government if it was to get to that point.
As to cost, the cost of your rights in America to bear arms is being counted by the rest of the world at the moment. 27 school shootings this year, and shootings of some kind seem to be reported every day. Do you accept this an acceptable price to pay to keep your government fearful of a potential revolt?

I couldn't fathom the idea of needing to topple our government by force. We didn't like the last one, so we voted them out. That was it. We've got a new set of idiots running the country now!

Might I also ask, what is the definition of a tyrannical government? I mean, I see a lot of comments here (and you inferred it above) that your current government is at that point because they are calling for gun control changes. But what we are seeing from other parts of the world, the US is split almost 50/50 with some people believing it should have more control introduced, and others believing that gun control is the governments way of taking away your ability to attack them with force? So what would be a tipping point? What differs between Patriots maintaining the integrity of the government and domestic terrorism?

I also appreciate the polite dialog...too much angry back and forth here.

I don't think toppling the federal government is the solution but a balance does need to be restored as a republic first and a nation second. It was never the intention amongst most of the Founders to have an all-powerful federal government...states and state powers were the key to keeping the union together and that's obviously been violated for a long time. I could point to the Civil War and especially the 17th Amendment but that’s a different conversation.

The point that I’m making is that the distrust in what’s going on in Washington D.C. is so high that I do indeed believe these shootings are an acceptable price to keep our government fearful. It’s very sad but millions of us believe this and there are solutions to this than simply disarming the population. Why is there such resistance to having armed guards at school? We have armed guards in our malls, banks, even my local Foot Locker…but we won’t hire qualified people to guard our most precious assets (our children)? We just sent $40B to Ukraine – why wasn’t that money used to harden school infrastructure? The answer is the Military Industrial Complex but that is also a separate discussion. These politicians have been in power for so long that they forget that they work for us, not the other way around. Once they disarm the populace, all bets are off on what they will do with that. The vast number of genocides are perpetrated by government – this was proven over and over again during the 20th century.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,1/2
edit on 4-6-2022 by wills120 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 05:05 PM
link   
......2/2

You mention voting them out but as we’ve seen that hasn’t stopped the same corruptocrats from staying in power for decades. Puppet Biden is a perfect example of this – 37 years in the Senate? A serious discussion needs to be made for term limits but as we all know that will never happen because they would be the ones voting on it and you and I both know they never will. Another facet to this is that tens of millions of Americans including myself simply do not believe in the integrity of our voting system as it is. Too much fraud, too many loopholes, too many people willing to break the rules along party lines. We are truly a banana republic now even if many people refuse to see it.

You say the country is 50/50 in favor or not of more gun control but it’s too much of a biased question to accurately receive an answer to such a controversial question. There are many factors to such a question such as age to own a firearm, magazine capacity, firearm type/classification, universal background checks, registration, etc.

Note that we have no problem handing an actual automatic firearm such as an M4A1 to an 18-year-old but they want a civilian to be 21 before he/she can own a semi-auto long gun? The argument "but they get trained" is a big lie as well - as a military contractor some of the stupidest sh*t i've ever seen was from youngsters in basic training. It's nothing but "feel-good" politics and it won't fix the problem.

So let's go in another direction....what will fix the problem? That's what's important when it comes to this issue. Personally, I don't think any of the proposed 'solutions' will work but addressing mental illness is a start.

edit on 4-6-2022 by wills120 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: wills120

I agree with most of what you said. I put on E-5 in the Navy two months before my 21st birthday.

" but addressing mental illness is a start."
Never going to happen. If they start doing that, they will have to address all mental illness. That would kind of put a crimp into the Left's whole LGBTXYZ thing.

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

I agree with most of what you said. I put on E-5 in the Navy two months before my 21st birthday.

" but addressing mental illness is a start."
Never going to happen. If they start doing that, they will have to address all mental illness. That would kind of put a crimp into the Left's whole LGBTXYZ thing.

True, however, the current DSM-5 doesn't designate that as being a mental illness. Not sure where I stand on that but to be honest in general most LGBTQ folks are decent individuals. I'm sure I'll get blasted for that but most of them just want to be left alone and be who they are.

The bigger problem is WHO decides who is mentally ill or not on order to purchase a firearm? That absolutely needs to be addressed - I think we all know thats a bigger sh*tstorm. So how do we handle this? I'm not sure there is a real answer.
edit on 5-6-2022 by wills120 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 08:30 PM
link   

F JOE BIDEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.youtube.com...
edit on 5-6-2022 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

F JOE BIDEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.youtube.com...

You're not wrong. ...but Biden is just a puppet - my guess is that Rice, Obama, and Jarrett are running the show.

I'll be in and out this week - I'm having balance/veritigo issues...managed to fall all the way down my stairs and end up in a pile of glass from my paintings. Not doing well - Flexeral (?), Valium, Xanax, etc. is being pumped into me so I'll respond when I can but I escaped death...15 stairs onto tile and then flew into the kitchen against the fridge. I'm pretty messed up with about 60 stiches but I'm I'm coming back. I can't walk, my back is shot, and I'm covered with bandages bu t I'll be back at some point. My wife is horrified

I don't comment here often but gun control is the big one for me. Talk to all of you soon. We can't let these people disarm us, not at all.

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 08:58 PM
link   
We need Rex-Kwon-Do!

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 09:44 PM
link   

I Think It's A BIG Problem Right About NOW............

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: poncho1982

" We're dangerously close to the SC preventing challenges to the Constitutionality of laws."

True , look at Roe Vs Wade . Why did it take so LONG to Finally have the SCOTUS ALLOW a Constitutional Challenge to it's Precedent ? The SCOTUS is " OWNED " by Obamanation and his NWO Masters , that's Why.......*( Hmm..........

Obama's " GREAT WORK " that he was PAID Handsomely for...........

edit on 6-6-2022 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2022 @ 10:59 AM
link   
ive watched this stuff unfold ever sense pre 9-11 its just a very slow burn. if you think its bad now, just wait theres more

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: poncho1982

The SCOTUS Can Do NOTHING Concerning the 2nd Amendment Right that American Citizens have to Self Defense With ANY Implement Needed for the Task , and Not Infringed Upon by their " Present Elected Government " . Believe it or Not , but Ultimate's Exist for a Reason , and this One Begs Not to Differ.........

This is Not just a Symbol , but a Statement of Resolved Belief ..........

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Donkey_Dean

" Biden: There’s ‘No Rational Basis’ For Citizens To have 9mm Pistols "

How About For " Personal Health " Joe > ?

posted on Jun, 12 2022 @ 11:52 PM
link   
BuT MuH 2Nd AmMeNdMeNt!!!

BuT mUh GuNs!!! FrEeDuMb!!!!

It's always funny watching the Americans lose their nut over their gun laws (or lack of).

Gonna need some more popcorn.

posted on Jun, 13 2022 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: DifferentKind

Lack of laws?? OK, whatever. There are, approximately, north of 500 federal, state, and local laws pertaining to firearms in one form or another.

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Bloody hell i hope you recover ok!
I must ask... why is it that when gun control is mentioned, almost everyone on here equates it to disarming the American population? There is a huge difference between control and abolishment.
When Australia's gun reform is mentioned here, it seems most of you believe that the Australian population lost all of their guns. That is just simply not the case at all. Fully automatic, semi automatic and magazine loaded guns became illegal to own in a general public situation, those guns can only be owned and used in gun clubs, not peoples back yards. They brought in a requirement to have a licence to purchase weapons and ammo, and a requirement for guns to be registered to their owners, so if those guns are used in a crime then its tracable back to their owners. It simply makes us more accountable for our weapons.

Why can't a model like this be successful in America? Ok, so you made the comment that these tragedies are an acceptable cost for you. Fair enough. Its your opinion. I assume its a safe assumption to say you are a responsible gun owner. Would the requirement of needing to take a gun safety course, a few more hoops to go through to buy a gun be an acceptable cost for you if it meant lessening the chance of the wrong person getting a gun?

Im not advocating for disarming the US. but surely there are some things that 2nd amendment advocates would be prepared to put up with, not to take away their rights, but to try to at least lessen the chances of these tragedies occurring?

I understand that Americans believe in their rights very strongly, but I think some forget the whole statement
Unlimited rights, until those rights infringe upon anothers individual rights

edit on 24-6-2022 by IxTheReaper because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2022 @ 10:44 AM
link   
July 1, 2022

Sorry Joe...

The Supreme Court is taking action to FURTHER expand "Gun Rights" in America.

conservativebrief.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Common Sense and American History DICTATES that an Americans Constitutional Right CAN NEVER Be Denied in the Land Of the United States Of America . If it was Ever Attempted to NEGATE Them by ANYONE , then that Would be Considered an ACT OF WAR Against WE THE PEOPLE Of the United States . Cannot Get Any Plainer that that .

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join