It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mental illness, chronic disease, and school shooters - the cause, and the solution

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 12:19 PM
link   
This post started as a response to someone else's post in a thread on the recent school shooting/massacre, but I decided it deserved it's own thread.

ETA: if this is the wrong forum, please move as appropriate...

The question had to do with what could possibly cause someone to do such a horrible thing, and what could possibly be done to fix it.

The following is just my informed opinion, based on studying the cause/solution for decades for my own personal reasons.

So, as to the cause: the immediate cause is most definitely a mental illness problem, which was one of the suggested causes, but provided in such a way that I don't think they really believed it.

Pretty much every single one of these school shooters is/was on some kind of anti-psychotic meds and were for years before they commmited their heinous acts.

The evidence of this ongoing rise of mental illness - and it seems to have reached the verge of some kind critical mass - is overwhelming. All you have to do is look at the insane garbage our society is dealing with right now - CRT/LBGXYZT garbage being openly forced on young children even down at the pre-school level, parents totally destroying their innocent children's lives by encouraging and facilitating them to take hormones that destroy their body's natural sexual maturation process, including in some cases even permanent physical mutilation of their bodies/sex organs.

To answer the question 'What can we do about it?', you must first understand that, when it comes to mental illness, as with diseases and many other problems (climate change anyone?), there may be varying degrees of 'cause', and even multiple immediate causes.

For example, consider the 'cause' of death of someone struck and killed by a car. The 'immediate' cause is obviously 'traumatic bodily injury from the impact of the car on their body', right? Or is it? Was it from massive blood loss? Or brain trauma (maybe their head was squashed) - or maybe they were decapitated - but then insurance companies are going to start arguing about the 'legal' cause - ie, what caused the situation itself? Did the person who was killed jump out in front of traffic? Were they attempting to cross a busy street in other than a crosswalk and/or against a light? The underlying cause could be negligence on the part of the driver - or the person who was killed, either intentionally (suicide by cop), through gross negligence (texting while driving), simple accident (glanced away from the road at just the wrong point in time), or just pure carelessness.

So, applying the same logical series of questions to the case of these school shooters - if mental illness is the 'cause' of these horrific acts - what is causing the mental illness in the first place?

Assuming mental illness is merely a symptom that actually has an underlying cause - and I firmly believe it is - the correct question to ask is: what is the underlying cause of the ongoing rise of mental illness in our society that is manifesting in all of the horrific acts?

I know the answer... do you?

Like the immediate cause (and solution), the underlying cause (and solution) is a simple concept to understand, once you have the requisite knowledge, but implementing the solution won't be easy, for two reasons... most will discount and/or dismiss it as the cause out of hand, out of both ignorance and life long indoctrination. Some very vocal few will fight against it with every fiber of their being because it goes against their radical/religious agenda, and the vast majority of our institutions will fight it with every resource at their disposal because they are completely and totally dependent financially on the current system that is causing this massive mental illness crisis.

Allopathic medical diagnoses models for chronic diseases simply name a 'disease' based on where and how it manifests, but that really is meaningless other than as a way to define the nature and location of the manifestation, and many of them are simply fancy sounding latin words that are simply descriptions of the symptoms, nothing more.

More recently, this theory/belief that these chronic diseases are simply normal problems as a result of getting old has been proven to be totally wrong by virtue of the fact that they have been affecting younger and younger people over the last 40-50 years, to the point that they even changed the name of some of them - specifically, T2 diabetes used to be called 'adult onset' diabetes, but now even young kids are diagnosed with it every day. Similarly, what is now called fatty liver disease used to be called alcoholic liver disease, but since young adults and even young kids who've never had any alcohol are being diagnosed with it, they had to change the name.

Interestingly, the underlying cause of these mental illness problems is now believed by many to also be the proximate cause of the vast majority of, if not all chronic disease. But before I connect these dots - what is 'chronic' disease? Most of what are commonly called 'chronic' diseases today used to be called - and many still call them - 'old age' diseases. Things like RA, CHD, T2/3 diabetes, etc. T3 diabetes is a relatively new term being used by more and more doctors and researchers to describe the numerous different forms of dementia (yes, including alzheimers and parkinsons) because it is essentially the same manifestation as what happens with the pancreas/kidneys with respect to T2 diabetes only it is occurring in the brain, and finally, many of these same researchers and doctors now believe that all of these chronic diseases have the exact same underlying cause:

Chronic systemic inflammation.

With this new understanding, the last/final logical question presents as simply: what is the root/underlying cause of chronic systemic inflammation?

Like I said, both the answer and solution are simple:

It's the food.

But a better question would be: what event or events caused and is continuing to cause this ever increasing epidemic of chronic systemic inflammation?

And the answer to that question would be two-fold: the massive change from eating real, wholesome foods to mostly manufactured, highly processed foods in the early 20th century, combined with the now provably false claims that saturated animal fats and red meat are unhealthy and cause CHD, cancer and other nonsense.

What is my evidence for this observational claim? That too is simple...

It is the massive number of people who are healing all of these chronic disease conditions - including but not limited to things like RA, lupus, IBD (includes Crohns and ulcerative colitis) / IBS, dementia of all kinds, lifelong chronic depression, all kinds of personality disorders, and the list goes on, and on, and on, by simply eliminating all manufactured processed foods, sugar, and switching to a mostly or all animal based diet (mostly the meat and fat of large ruminant animals).

Oh - and if you are waiting for RCTs before making a decision to just give it a try, you will be waiting a long, long time, because such trials can not ethically ever be done on humans. EVER.
edit on 29-5-2022 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I think most people are focused on the symptoms as being the cause. If you go back a few decades you begin to see a pattern- one which I believe was intentional: societal engineering, directed by those in government and based on enriching the elite while also reducing the classes to those who have power and money to those who exist to work and support that power structure.

The difference between Hitler's plan and what we've been seeing roll out ever since WWII is the time frame. Hitler tried to enact his master plan too rapidly; the world has been rolling out a similar plan ever since in micro-steps. It may be taking decades to enact, but that's the beauty- for the elite, anyway. Few see the similarities, so have no idea where the road is leading.

You can't prevent something if you don't even know it's happening.

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Ummm... none of that addressed the OP... maybe... try again?

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

hate crimes are not triggered by food but by hate - and you can find plenty of that on the internet. anders breivik did not murder those 77 children and teenagers because of wrong food but because he was a right-wing extremist fanatic who was radicalized by the internet.

the kid who murdered the many children in texas was probably really broken, mentally ill, full of hate. you should rather initiate a discussion about why such a person is allowed to own such weapons? or can the question also be answered because of wrong food?

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: loufo

hate crimes are not triggered by food but by hate - and you can find plenty of that on the internet. anders breivik did not murder those 77 children and teenagers because of wrong food but because he was a right-wing extremist fanatic who was radicalized by the internet.

the kid who murdered the many children in texas was probably really broken, mentally ill, full of hate. you should rather initiate a discussion about why such a person is allowed to own such weapons? or can the question also be answered because of wrong food?

I agree.

Professional criminologists have researched this and come to some fairly conclusive conclusions. For example, here are excerpts from an interview with two experts from a couple of days ago, published in Politico:

"Each time a high-profile mass shooting happens in America, a grieving and incredulous nation scrambles for answers. Who was this criminal and how could he (usually) have committed such a horrendous and inhumane act? A few details emerge about the individual’s troubled life and then everyone moves on.

Three years ago, Jillian Peterson, an associate professor of criminology at Hamline University, and James Densley, a professor of criminal justice at Metro State University, decided to take a different approach. In their view, the failure to gain a more meaningful and evidence-based understanding of why mass shooters do what they do seemed a lost opportunity to stop the next one from happening. Funded by the National Institute of Justice, the research arm of the Department of Justice, their research constructed a database of every mass shooter since 1966 who shot and killed four or more people in a public place, and every shooting incident at schools, workplaces and places of worship since 1999.:

"POLITICO: Can you take us through the profile of mass shooters that emerged from your research?

Peterson: There’s this really consistent pathway. Early childhood trauma seems to be the foundation, whether violence in the home, sexual assault, parental suicides, extreme bullying. Then you see the build toward hopelessness, despair, isolation, self-loathing, oftentimes rejection from peers. That turns into a really identifiable crisis point where they’re acting differently. Sometimes they have previous suicide attempts.

What’s different from traditional suicide is that the self-hate turns against a group. They start asking themselves, “Whose fault is this?” Is it a racial group or women or a religious group, or is it my classmates? The hate turns outward. There’s also this quest for fame and notoriety."

"POLITICO: You’ve written about how mass shootings are always acts of violent suicide. Do people realize this is what’s happening in mass shootings?

Peterson: I don’t think most people realize that these are suicides, in addition to homicides. Mass shooters design these to be their final acts. When you realize this, it completely flips the idea that someone with a gun on the scene is going to deter this. If anything, that’s an incentive for these individuals. They are going in to be killed."

www.politico.com...

These kinds of acts are not the result of too many psychoactive drugs or too few psychoactive drugs or of liberals or of conservatives, or of too much godlessness, too many video games, etc. etc. People need to stop making up bullcrap explanations out of their confirmation biases and just acquaint themselves with the empirical research.

For one thing, in the most recent year (2021), there were 698 mass shootings in the US. A mass shooting is defined as a case where 4 or more people were shot. Of those, there were 705 deaths and about 4 times as many injuries as deaths in an average shooting.

en.wikipedia.org...

700 mass shooters out of a population of 332 million is only about 1 person out of 470,000. That's a very small number. If this was the result of any large scale societal mental health issue, there would be a lot more shooters than that. One of the implications of this is that we would have to do a basically perfect job of preventing or curing all "mental illnesses" in the US in order to stop this. That's not going to happen.

As the researchers point out, there are already red flag laws in place in many states that would allow law enforcement officers to remove firearms from individuals like this who advertise on social media, to their friends, family, and teachers that they plan to murder people as soon as they can get a gun. These laws are usually poorly enforced for a variety of reasons that the researchers discuss, but it seems like it should be much easier to find the 700 individuals each year who fit the psychological profile and prevent them from possessing guns than it would be to "cure" the entire population of the country to be so free of mental illness that those 700 people don't ever exist.

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 02:34 PM
link   
It really boils down to inability to cope like a person should. Now does that mean everyone will respond the same way?. OF course not.

Inability to cope is a chronic problem with today's youth and young adults (and to some extent everyone). They are victims of decades of trying to shelter them from adversity, bullying, hurt feelings, a prize for everyone, etc. I will not point blame, because everyone added fuel to that fire, but the solution is to let children suffer --

Let them suffer with boredom (no pacifiers like phones, candy, video games, etc.). Again it isn't the activity. It is when it is used instead of coping.

Let them suffer with not getting a prize for everything. Coping with disappointment.

Let them suffer with financial stress. Cope with not getting everything you want.

Let them suffer with shame. When you take away shame, you take away pride in achievement as well.

Let them suffer with some level of bullying. Cope with fighting your own battles.

Let them suffer with failure, disappointment, not telling them they can do anything if they just try, etc.

Coping on a small scale leads to being able to cope on a larger scale and possibly not just go full bonkers.

Coddling, sheltering, enabling, pacifying, etc. all lead to confusion, anger, and un-copable disappointment when things start not going their way which can lead to irrational behavior and abnormal coping attemtps.

There are a multitude of things wrong with what we have done, but returning to traditional upbringing, discipline, etc. can only be helpful. These actions, whether it is shooters, gender nonsense, etc. are often rooted in attempts to cope when nobody gave them the tools to actually cope.

This also works for adults.
edit on 29-5-2022 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I'm sorry there's no way you're ever going to convince me that the lefts agenda of cheapened life and glorifying mental illness coddling hasn't contributed greatly to this

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Halfswede

Give this poster a trophy. They are dead on

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

Well said, thank you for posting this! I believe your comments are spot on. They are based on actual facts and research, unlike the speculative opinions of the OP. People should be looking to these research experts, and do everything they can to support them, not go off of Monday morning quarterbacking by joe blow. Opinions are like noses - everyone has one, and they all smell.
Like you, I'd rather go off facts and research.

I hope that the dedicated people doing this research keep up with it. I believe they are on to something. There is no cure for mental illness. I should know. I'm mentally ill, having chronic depression which is controlled by medication and therapy. For people to say we need to cure mental illness, as you said, that's not gonna happen. But if people can help these young people who are in a bad household where there is abuse and neglect, that may help.

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
I'm sorry there's no way you're ever going to convince me that the lefts agenda of cheapened life and glorifying mental illness coddling hasn't contributed greatly to this

Comments like this do not help and are just wrong anyway. Bringing politics into this is a scummy thing to do. Haven't we learned? Just stop already.

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChiefD

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Comments like this do not help and are just wrong anyway. Bringing politics into this is a scummy thing to do. Haven't we learned? Just stop already.

Just because you dont like it doesnt mean hes not right, he IS

I would also add the constant indoctrination of the students and making them feel separated from their parents with their agendas

This comment and another above it are EXACTLY part of what we need to be looking in to

acting like it doesnt exist because it hurts your poor feelings is what doesnt help

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: loufo

hate crimes are not triggered by food but by hate

There's no such thing as a hate crime, that's just wokist ideology masquerading as law. Why someone commits a violent crime is irrelevant, it is the violent act itself that is the crime.

That said, you are completely wrong. Biochemical imbalances in the brain caused by extremely poor food choices that cause major inflammation in the brain most definitely can cause all kinds of psychotic behavior, and the kidn of hate you are referencing is a perfect example of such psychotic behavior.

and you can find plenty of that on the internet.

You can find plenty of everything on the internet... especially mis/dis-informatione and lies about nutrition.

anders breivik did not murder those 77 children and teenagers because of wrong food

Maybe, maybe not, but you actually don't know that.

but because he was a right-wing extremist fanatic who was radicalized by the internet.

Again, you don't know that - and I see what you did there trying to link him to MAGA Republicans using that fake made-up term 'right-wing extremist'.

the kid who murdered the many children in texas was probably really broken, mentally ill, full of hate. you should rather initiate a discussion about why such a person is allowed to own such weapons?

It is called the 2nd amendment. I know radical lefties hate it, but ... well, there it is.

or can the question also be answered because of wrong food?

The question of why he was suffering from mental illness? Yes, of course the food he's been eating his whole life can easily be the cause. That is the entire point of my OP.

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede
It really boils down to inability to cope like a person should.

This is a perfect example of what I meant by pursuing the question to its logical conclusion.

The next question to ask, if that is what you believe, is...

What is the underlying cause of such a person's 'inability to cope'?

Biochemical imbalances in the brain, faulty brain development due to not enough healthy animal fats in their early formative years (including when they are in the womb) wreaks all kinds of havoc and causes all kinds of brain problems that manifest as mental illness.
edit on 29-5-2022 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer
Professional criminologists have researched this and come to some fairly conclusive conclusions.
"POLITICO: Can you take us through the profile of mass shooters that emerged from your research?

Peterson: There’s this really consistent pathway. Early childhood trauma seems to be the foundation, whether violence in the home, sexual assault, parental suicides, extreme bullying. Then you see the build toward hopelessness, despair, isolation, self-loathing, oftentimes rejection from peers. That turns into a really identifiable crisis point where they’re acting differently. Sometimes they have previous suicide attempts.

But what caused the early childhood trauma? What caused the persons parents to traumatize their own children?

One reason why certain kinds of diseases - including mental illnesses - tend to 'run in the family' is because families eat the same thing (usually, but not always) - the kids eat what their parents give them... Sugar Smacks, Fruit Loops and Captain Crunch for breakfast, McDonalds for lunch, and microwaved garbage for dinner.

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Hey Tan. Read the title, and first paragraph, and am always interested in the few members here who like to look deeper into the functioning, goings-on, and tendencies of our societies at-large.

Agree with you on the crap that we eat, as a replacement for what used to be called food.

But then we are faced with the question : How did we get to the point where we let our brothers and sisters eat crap all day, every day ?

And so-on, and so-forth, until we finally get-around to who is making the decisions, on what to put in our Food™, Medicines™, Medical-System™, and Educational-Systems™, and everything else Big™.

It always comes back to the usual suspects : Big-Money™ and Old-Money™.

Then : the disappointment of reading the rest of the thread, and seeing how most folks just want to totally buy into the MSM™ and Government™ explanations : " Mental-Health-Crisis™ and Gun-Control™. "

What do ya know ?
The solutions to those 2 problems are more Pills™ and more Government™ !!

It also perfectly fits their model of : " It's all the citizen's fault, and the Elitists™ are just trying to help us. "
Same as the Climate-Change™ hoax, the Covid™ " You are a sick contagious granny-killer, until proven that you're not ", and every other major problem, that these supposedly " Well-Trained™ " Experts™ declare is the fault of the good citizens, and not of our Incompetent Would-Be-Overlords™.

Our societies are not just falling-apart : they are being purposely dismantled by malevolent psychopaths.

Our only fault is that we have let it all happen on our watch, just as our parents, and children have.

But still agree with you that we can all seek to improuve our nutrition, a little bit at a time.
Am not sure how to do that, on a large-scale, with so much cheap crap on most of the grocery-store shelves.

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 07:27 PM
link   
The shooter had been reported by multiple girls online for making threats along the lines of killing and raping them.

Nothing ever became of it.

A recent congressmen said "that's just how online is".

Some people are content to post threats online and never do anything about it, but what happens when some of them log off and go on to create atrocities?

How to we establish a system to monitor such behavior, flag the user IP (or proxy) and add it to a comprehensive citizen database with a red flag preventing firearms purchases after violent online threats have been noted?

Is such a system feasible or is it too costly?

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 07:30 PM
link   
These random-rage shooters are mostly Manchurian Candidates, victims of MK Ultra. Focus on the mental health 'treatment' they received before their acts of ultra-violence. 'Cuz there's always a shrink in the background.

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Even "healthy" food is so filled with growth hormones, steroids, antibiotics, in the US and lord only know what kind of drugs are fed to imported food.

Young girls as young as 8yrs are growing breast because of the growth hormones feed to poultry and beef.

healthfully.com...

Who know what other drugs are in food? And the FDA is married to the corporate farms and feed lots.

edit on 29-5-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: Halfswede
It really boils down to inability to cope like a person should.

This is a perfect example of what I meant by pursuing the question to its logical conclusion.

The next question to ask, if that is what you believe, is...

What is the underlying cause of such a person's 'inability to cope'?

Biochemical imbalances in the brain, faulty brain development due to not enough healthy animal fats in their early formative years (including when they are in the womb) wreaks all kinds of havoc and causes all kinds of brain problems that manifest as mental illness.

response to bolded part.

I thought I was pretty clear in my post what the underlying cause is and what was needed to fix it rather than just lay blame. It is a societal failure. The entire post after the first lines was pretty straightforward. If there is some specific point you wanted clarification on, then you will have to be clear on that.

posted on May, 30 2022 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Thanks for the response!

originally posted by: Nothin

Hey Tan. Read the title, and first paragraph, and am always interested in the few members here who like to look deeper into the functioning, goings-on, and tendencies of our societies at-large.

Agree with you on the crap that we eat, as a replacement for what used to be called food.

Yeah, and the more you learn about it - the level of lies and deception. Just learning about the whole 'Fat Lies' that was a direct result of the psychotic machinations of a fish physiologist named Ancel Keys (his wikipedia page conveniently leaves that bolded part out, and still parrots the lie that his fakery is backed up by modern research), who somehow bullied and manipulated his way into a position where he could promote his insane notions and falsified research that ended up leading to the full implementation of the nonsensical bass-ackwards 'Food' Pyramid-scheme that falsely claims that 'saturated animal fats and especially cholesterol' are bad when the precise opposite is true, and even what the real, actual evidence shows.

And that is but one of many of the manipulated and falsified research/studies that the so-called gold standard of science is littered with.

Once you learn of the amount and depth of the fraud that exists in these so-called studies - well, you understand that you really cannot trust anything with that label unless/until you have confirmed it for yourself. The problem with that is it actually takes a well grounded background in these sciences, as well as some special training (statistics, and just knowing how to read scientific studies especially with regard to the underlying data) to be able to properly ferret out the lies. Thankfully, there are lots of people with just such qualifications now that are doing just that, exposing these lies for everyone to see.

But then we are faced with the question : How did we get to the point where we let our brothers and sisters eat crap all day, every day ?

Two of the main culprits are, sadly, just typical human traits: intellectual laziness and being far too willing to blindly accept the word of those in positions of power.

That said, I'm not too judgemental, the evil rat bastards that are responsible for this chicanery were devious and brilliant in their own despicable way, but I know that, if there is a hell, there is a very special place there reserved just for them.

It always comes back to the usual suspects : Big-Money™ and Old-Money™.

Yeppers... the same people that have been controlling society for millennia, and are responsible for the suppression of technology that could have ushered in a golden age of enlightenment decades ago, and are actively working to put the genie (instant free flow of information - aka the internet) back in the bottle and return us to a state where we will be unable to break free of our chains.

Then : the disappointment of reading the rest of the thread, and seeing how most folks just want to totally buy into the MSM™ and Government™ explanations : " Mental-Health-Crisis™ and Gun-Control™. "

Again, I'm not too judgemental about the reactions, it is simply ignorance and brain-washing from the last 80+ years of outright fake nutritional propaganda. But the truth is coming out. Just start watching all of the free information available on youtube from all of the extremely well educated medical doctors and nutritional, physiological and anthropological experts you'll now find there - especially helpful is their ability to read all of the so-called studies that are out there that claim to say one thing, but in fact say the exact opposite.

The fact is, there are precisely ZERO RCT's that prove anything one way or another with regard to human nutrition. The reason for this is obvious once you really consider what would be required. It would be unethical, because you'd have to lock a bunch of people in 100% controlled conditions (lab, prison, etc)and control every aspect of their diet and lifestyle for years at a time. Simply cannot be done. So, the only studies out there are all 'epidemiological' studies, that are a) very easy to manipulate and/or cherry pick to show whatever results the authors want to show, b) are all funded by - you guessed it - big pharma and big commercial/corporate 'food' interests, and c) can never show causation, only correlation.

Also, any potential correlation is only meaningful if a) the result is huge, b) based on a very large sample size, and c) covers a long enough period of time. Most of the studies purporting to show any benefit at all to reducing animal foods are totally bogus in all respects.

So, yes, epidemiological studies can be useful, but only when done properly, and more importantly, honestly.

So, all we really have to go on are observational studies and anecdotes (personal stories, like mine). These are, as of now, extraordinarily overwhelmingly showing that a) extremely low-carb diets will reverse many/most chronic diseases out there, and b) the carnivore diet takes this to an entirely new level. This is due to two primary factors. First is the principle of elimination - meaning, for purposes of this discussion, foods that are removed from the diet. One primary example is how most so-called diets, especially permanent/lifestyle changes, include the removal of all (or virtually all) processed commercial garbage non-foods, especially sugar in all of its myriad forms. This also explains why people who go on a health journey via vegetarian/veganism initially get great results. It isn't due to what they are eating, it is due to what they eliminated from their diet.

Now, there are literally hundreds if not thousands of examples of former vegetarians - especially vegans - switching to very low carb and/or carnivore due to their health deteriorating rapidly after a few years (usually 3-5, but some suffer for 7, 10 or more years, depending on what/how t hey supplement). These people inevitably experience a rapid healing, so rapidly they are amazed.

Interestingly, and very meaningfully imnsho, there are a grand total of ZERO stories the other way around - of carnivores/very low carbers switching to vegetarian/vegan and experiencing any health benefits at all. Some few do add in some plant foods (mostly fruit and/or honey, but some lower carb veggies) just because they want to, or in some cases like Paul Saladino who ate way too much organ meats (or just couldn't overcome completely his sugar/carb addiction) and experienced hypervitaminosis and other problems that could have easily been solved by simply dramatically reducing or eliminating completely said organ meats, and or upping their protein intake.

But still agree with you that we can all seek to improve our nutrition, a little bit at a time.
Am not sure how to do that, on a large-scale, with so much cheap crap on most of the grocery-store shelves.

Well, all we can do is what we can do personally. The good thing is, you can help others simply through your example. I have had many many people asking me how I finally overcame my 30+ year obesity problem, joint problems, etc etc ad nauseum, and I explain it to them a little at a time...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join