It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Then eat less meat"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 29 2022 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I am not allowed to get too agitated so I vent it here.

This morning I went to the local bakery to get breakfast. I went in there, was the only customer at that point in time. They make delicious lye buns topped with diced ham and overbaked with cheese al forno. As I watched them and made the decision, I looked up and wanted to order two among the normal buns, because I saw they are freshly steaming and then they are sooooo delicious.

Suddenly, while I open my mouth THAT women comes in, not even fully at the counter already shouting her order. She owns two poodle dogs and always leashes them to the front entrance, we rumbled together because of that already when I stumbled over the dogs leash when it darted between my feet. I love dogs but these two dogs I tell you, their only existence is barking and #ting and it's the owner fault. Anyways, back to the part I get rudly interrupted.

The cashier looks irritated at her, I just begin to order my stuff anyways, ignoring the bitch. Then, it get's dark in my peripheral vison to the right, I look over and look into her face that is like 3 inches away from mine, looking penetrating at me, as if she wanted to guilt shame me into submission. I stepped back and said leave me alone.

I finally get my order through and pay. However, I also noticed that the price for the lye buns went up but didn't say anything. I worked there a few years before and know the people. One of my former colleagues unasked explained that ham went up in price and that's the reason. I nodded because what can you do anyways and it's logic they pass prices on.

Suddenly, that bitch is like "If that's a problem to you, just eat less meat, it's Sunday also". I counter again, to leave me alone but already had a reply to her. But then she didn't stop, I don't know what's wrong with her but she's not valuing personal space at all. She went into my face again, waiting for an answer. I shortly think about just headbutting her and escalate it completely, because at that point I was really fed up. But discarded the thought.

I walk out, waive around to say goodbye when she interrupts me with "Yes, just leave with your tail between the legs". Oh that was a bit too much. I turn around and ask her what her dogs eat. Dog food was the reply. I again ask, WHAT her dogs eat. She's confused, I can see her eyes go blank, she answers with a brand name. I say to her how she can have the audacity to unaskedly tell other people that didn't even complain to eat less meat while running two dogs that SOLELY just eat meat???

I love dogs but that's the other side of the medal, you can't tell me to eat less meat out of the blue but feed two dogs with meat. She replies that's her business. WHAT???? My blood pressure goes up and I feel blood shooting into my face and ears getting on fire. I reply, still standing in between her and the entrance, respectively the poodles that already are all over the place: We can sort this outside NOW! She turned around, I walk outside. One of the poodles stands directly in front of me and knowing that the dogs are not at fault and to calm me down, I kind of reached down to one of the poodles and scratched it's ear. While I did that, it went on it's back feet and to the side, kind of giving way to me

Suddenly she shouts that I hit her dog, I turn around AGAIN and tell her I didn't, that I just scratched one dogs ear and it may have looked like that. To prove that her theory is bull#, I crouched down and looked at the dog, instantly it want's to approach me, wagging tail. I tell her, hey that's what dogs do that just got hit!

She starts screaming at me I just laugh at her and ask her if she thinks the mental ward already got note of her escape. She then threw her purse at me on head height, but in a way I had plenty of time to punch it away casually. The bag flies to the left, hits the ground and all her # spreads across he parking lot, some of it hit my car and rolled under it. Coins rolling around, some cosmetic products, a fold up mirror. Dogs now bark also.

An old man just reaching the parking lot comments on the situation and get's in between us. While he starts to narrate to the woman to calm down, I unlock my car, pack my bag of buns and get inside. Last thing I heard was that I am going to pay for her stuff. I repeated I don't think so and pointed on the camera in the corner, closed the door and called the bakery, asked if the cameras are running and if she observed what just happened. She said yes, she's going to tell the owner.

So I roll back out while I do that on the cars telephone free speaking system and because the car is so silent, I can hear her stuff crack as I roll over some of it
. I look back out to the side and see her screaming at the old man, shaking her closed fists at her, one dog chaising it's own tail but visible aggitated, I can not hear what but I see him shaking his head and trying to get past her.

Then a car obfuscates my view while it passes me and drives onto the parking lot. Bakery still on the line I ask if she sees what's going on in front of the bakery. She declines and tells me to just leave, that she saw everything and will make sure that the video material isn't overwritten.

At that point someone behind me, honks at me, rightfully because I was just standing on the street not moving. I laugh and tell the bakery that I will leave now before the next one get's into my face. She chuckles too.

Two minutes before I started to type this thread, I heard a siren passing by on the street, from the sirens noise it was the police. I hope nothing happened to the old man.

Rant over.

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

Decided to go back there and check out the situation, this way no one can construe me leaving the scene but I prove that I just left to get out of danger.

Let's see.

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I really enjoyed this... people have just become obnoxiously self-centered, without any tact or decorum.

I always tell my family now, be careful when you are out, not about just getting robbed, but don't get wound up in other's peoples' emotional outbursts.

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 05:46 AM
link   
The poor dogs. If they seem annoying it is simply that they live a chaotic and scary life. If they were children they would be taken off her.
Don't they deserve peace in their lives?

Oh OP you did the right things.

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Not what you had planned for a quiet Sunday morning run to the bakery huh?

That's why I stay home at all costs. I don't trust myself around assholes and I just hate people.

BTW, I am the most polite person in public you will ever meet.

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Thanks for the morning laugh, that story is comedy gold 🤣

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Was not related to the bakery, I went there and saw that I drove over a nail coloring liquid bottle and offered the owner, who was now there, to get in touch with my insurance but he said it's okay, don't mind it. He said he already burned the video on DVD, I didn't see it and do not possess it, because he can't give it to me just like that.

But the whole scene is there, inside and outside he said. The women got thrown off the premise and can't come back.

Some of that nail coloring liquid spread in the wheel case and I left marks for a few feet. There's not a lot I can do about that, financially and I didn't find any dents on the door.

I agree about the dogs not being at fault for how they are.

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 06:08 AM
link   

They feed off of attention. Negative, positive, anything, depends on the woman, men as well.

By acting like she didnt exist and not acknowledging her whatsoever, you would've done good. Not to say you didnt, but the blood pressure spike from the adrenalin and the scary rush of fight or flight chemicals wouldn't have been so extreme.

A test of your self control is only on you; if you succeed, victory is hollow and you still felt like #. If you fail, terrible things can happen to you. The ball is in their court. In this case, you came out ahead but even admitted to going back and also calling the bakery back inquiring about it. The other woman that works there got a jab in and said leave it alone as if you were over reaching in some way, losing self control.

If the cops did go there, you were painted as the bad guy by the accuser who assuredly received sympathy and preferential treatment, regardless of being right or wrong.

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar

I can be an asshole if pushed too far, I know

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 06:12 AM
link   

You’re human, and you’re not alone. I’d of cussed the B out 🤣 while laughing in her face.

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Thrumbo

I tried to, she went into my face two times. Admittedly I should just have walked out, I let myself be provocated, indeed.

But the situation when I left was different than you make it out to be. I said to her (cashier in the bakery on the phone) that I am standing on the street currently and unsure if I should leave for good or call the police. More because of the old man than getting something back to the poodle-bitch.

If cops did go their, I would have been painted as the level headed one that only defended and removed itself from the scene before it escalates completely. Your observation of the situation is wrong. I do self defense and you do always prefer to decline the fight and remove yourself from the location peacefully. That's not admittance of anything but reads more like what a soulless attorney would claim in court. Not saying you are soulless by that.

I didn't do anything wrong OTHER than maybe running over her nail coloring and even that was not by intent and a result from her throwing her # at me. When I noticed that after coming back, I offered to compensate but that offer was declined.

I did everything I could after she threw her stuff at me to break up the situation and even reached out to the bakery owner about the nail coloring specks on the parking lot. Cops did not go there. It can not expected from me to clean out the space under my car when I need to get to save distance either. I won't crouch down and expose my vulnerable back for her to hit me with her heels or similar when I can't see it coming.
edit on 29.5.2022 by TDDAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 06:27 AM
link   
You handled it well, she will face a day when she won’t get someone like you.

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Once upon a time , I would have let the woman win .
How , say you ?
I would absolutely have "lost it" .
I mean Ludacris' "Get Back" style "lose it".

Now :
"Forgive her Lord , it will teach her a lesson"

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Agreed, she was way too confrontational. She's either mentally ill or wanted to push me over the edge to have some more drama in her life.

One of the reasons I thought about escalating it, before she does, was that in January I got beaten up because I underestimated the guy would punch a woman and got myself a bloody nose before I could even react.

That still sticks. Everyone has a plan until they get punched into the face, I learned that the hard way and if not for the two guys pulling the asshole off from me in his rage, not sure if he'd stopped and just kept on beating until I am unconscious.

Not going to risk this again, after the third warning I will go infight. Basta. It can be settled in court later. However that's risky for me because of my current health situation. That was in my mind also.

edit on 29.5.2022 by TDDAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Agreed, she was way too confrontational. She's either mentally ill or wanted to push me over the edge to have some more drama in her life.

Naw , just so self - obsessed thinking she was better than everyone else .
That never has , and never will , win out in the end .

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I had a similar yet not so similar story last weekend. Im 33, I quit cigs and smoke a vape. Same money less phlegm. A dude at the beach asked me for a cig I said nah i don't smoke.
He put his head into my gf's car and asked my two 14 year old kids if they had a cigarette.
I said dude get the fvck away from my car they are children.
His gf called the cops and we sorted things out. Dude was clearly perked or viced(vicodin) up.
Sorry seemed like appropriate to rant here and kinda went with what you said lol

Dude was clearly on drugs, I've done fun drugs, he was on bad drugs

What happened to you, I'm sorry, that sucks. What a bio ch

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 08:31 AM
link   

I hope you were still able to enjoy those lye ham and cheese buns!

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 08:39 AM
link   

You did the right thing, if anyone ever lays their hands on you tho, swift unexpected right hook to the solar plexus, leaves no marks or bruises, yet the pain is like nothing else. Watch her fold like a deck chair not knowing whether to sh!t herself or die as you casually walk away.

Worked for me a few times when there's been trouble after nights out etc.

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Great story.
Glad to see how well you stood up to that Karen.

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Stand your ground and let the skittles fall where they may...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join