It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asking for reports of encounters with UFO's/UAP's

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I feel most of us have had some sort of encounter(s) with UFO's/UAP's. Back in the day, it used to be forbidden somewhat to talk about these kinds of things. I was active duty Navy in the 1980's with a Top Secret security clearance. I saw a few things that I never said a word about at the time, because I feared losing my security clearance, and hence my job. Looking back at my fear, I regret being such a scaredy cat and wish I had said something to someone. I recall seeing boomerang shaped craft in the sky near Norfolk Navy Base doing manuevers that no aircraft in that time and currently can do. If fact, I was one of many witnesses to this, but we never said a word, because we all held security clearances. We would have been ridiculed and ostracized.

Now this stuff is mainstream. Many Navy personnel have reported and recorded sightings and now finally people believe them. As recent as 2016, I saw an orb shaped craft zip along in broad daylight right past me, no wings, no visible propulsion, and no noise whatsoever. But I still didn't say anything. My hubby served 20 years in the Navy and saw lots of crazy unexplainable things. Same thing in his case. He held a Top Secret security clearance and couldn't say a thing. I know there are many more people who have seen things that they won't talk about, because there still seems to be a stigma. I believe that there is alien life out there. I hope that governments around the world start to take this stuff seriously.

Life as we know it could change very much if life beyond our planet is found. Whether it changes for good or for bad is up to everyone. I hope that if I ever see something weird in the future, that I will have the foresight to report it and speak up.

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

I have never seen anything that could be called a UFO/UAP.

Despite wanting to. Despite having worked on a "grey" project for the USAF as a civilian contractor. Despite having spent many a dark night deep in the high desert of Nevada.

Nada. Zip. Buppkis.

I feel cheated!

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChiefD
I feel most of us have had some sort of encounter(s) with UFO's/UAP's. Back in the day, it used to be forbidden somewhat to talk about these kinds of things. I was active duty Navy in the 1980's with a Top Secret security clearance. I saw a few things that I never said a word about at the time, because I feared losing my security clearance, and hence my job. Looking back at my fear, I regret being such a scaredy cat and wish I had said something to someone. I recall seeing boomerang shaped craft in the sky near Norfolk Navy Base doing manuevers that no aircraft in that time and currently can do. If fact, I was one of many witnesses to this, but we never said a word, because we all held security clearances. We would have been ridiculed and ostracized.

Now this stuff is mainstream. Many Navy personnel have reported and recorded sightings and now finally people believe them. As recent as 2016, I saw an orb shaped craft zip along in broad daylight right past me, no wings, no visible propulsion, and no noise whatsoever. But I still didn't say anything. My hubby served 20 years in the Navy and saw lots of crazy unexplainable things. Same thing in his case. He held a Top Secret security clearance and couldn't say a thing. I know there are many more people who have seen things that they won't talk about, because there still seems to be a stigma. I believe that there is alien life out there. I hope that governments around the world start to take this stuff seriously.

Life as we know it could change very much if life beyond our planet is found. Whether it changes for good or for bad is up to everyone. I hope that if I ever see something weird in the future, that I will have the foresight to report it and speak up.

As an ex-Air Force serviceman (1955-1959) and now a mature thinker I understand your thinking process and I won't criticize it. I was introduced to UFOs in 1957 by a Captain. I was only a minimal airman bud I did run the Base Locator and everyone regardless of rank had to report to my counter upon arriving at the base and fill out a card which I would file. He did not behave like you scared of superiors and, unusual for the time, a friendship formed and I visited him regularly and we discussed UFOs with other officers and a lower-ranking airman or two. He was never concerned and using him as a model, neither was I. I don't accept that any of the armed services would bother anyone about their experiences. All they wanted from you was a good work ethic and respect for the uniform. There was no one that would interfere in a private conversation with fellow servicemen, nothing to be gained if they had. It's just a topic such as farming. Why you felt the way you did is not evident.

edit on 5 28 2022 by idusmartias because: To correct my grammar.

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 08:54 PM
link   

The greatest secret? There are no "aliens". They are us....always were here. Forever

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Having investigated UFOs out of the public view for 30 years or more, it is my considered opinion that most people do NOT have bona fide UFO sightings/experiences. From my experience, only about 10% of the population reports sighting UFOs. However, only about 10% of sightings/reports turn out to be genuine UFOs after experts eliminate all the prosaic explanations, so only about 1% of UFO reports are true UFOs. It's also true that about 10 times more people have UFO sightings than ever report them. So, if you follow the mathematics, that works out that about 10% of the population (or less) ever have genuine UFO sightings. It's fairly rare, which is why it's controversial. If the majority of the population had genuine UFO sightings, it would no longer be a controversial subject.

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 10:11 PM
link   
During stargazing a few years ago, I once saw a star appear out of nowhere.

A few seconds later it started to go south - north, parallel towards the handle of the big wagon. In between it disappeared but there were no clouds. Then it was just gone after reaching the handle of the big wagon.

Not zipping away, just poof, out.

Another strange thing, posted on RN3 in the shoutbox was a steady bright, non flickering light very unreal look, going East - West in a steady pace. I think that one might have been a starlight satellite.

But the non flickering was what stood out. So brilliant white. It was also fairly slow, took like over a minute to cross my field of vision that would be around half a full horizon.

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer
So is the "Flir" or tictac video released by the pentagon a "true UFO" as you put it?
I can't identify it so it seems like a UFO to me, but I don't see why it should be controversial. It's just too far away and there's insufficient information to tell what it is, whether it is a balloon, or a plane, or an alien space ship.

But the claim it can't be a plane because the wings would be visible is not accurate. Wings might be visible if a plane was close enough but sometimes we only see the heat signature and not the wings if the plane is far enough away.

If we use that as an example of a UFO, I fail to see why there should be any controversy. It's just too far away to tell what it is. Seems to me like the "controversy" might be manufactured, especially over the three pentagon UFO videos. Beyond that there may be some wishful thinking like "I don't know what it is, therefore it must be an alien space ship", when really the conversation realistically ends at "I don't know what it is" and the rest of that train of thought is manufactured by an overactive imagination.

edit on 2022529 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I've had a few sightings I've shared here over the years, a couple with other witnesses but I'm not a trained observer and I don't have any links with any official organisations.

I think where reports come from is important because as you said there's stigma, reports coming from people who rely on their observational skills is rare probably because of the potential to question their competence.

One of my sightings when their was multiple people it seemed everyone else for one reason or another did their best to forget and actively not be in the moment... Same way people walk past the homeless or ignore the elephant in the room, they still dislike talking about it... From personal experience I'd say there's definitely a psychological aspect to people sharing their experiences or even accepting they had an experience.

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

That sounds like a normal flight path of a polar orbit satellite, at a guess I'd say around October/November if the big dipper was slightly to the north and above. That's just going by memory though I'm fairly basic at constellations and orientation, they tend to fade out around the big dipper early autumn/winter mornings. Shining for about 1/3 of the sky.

All that said, they don't just appear from stillness and begin to move. So good catch!

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 10:07 AM
link   

In the congressional hearing….it was mentioned by Bray…

…..”Navy and Air Force crews now have step-by-step procedures for reporting on UAP on their kneeboard in the cockpit and in their post flight debrief procedures. The direct result of those efforts has been increased reporting with increased opportunities to focus on number of sensors on any objects.”…..

It would be great if someone at this forum had a “I Know a Guy”….and was able to post an unfilled in, kneeboard form template for reporting, documenting a UAP encounter…..and or the unfilled in form template used in the post flight debrief.

The questions on these forms would be interesting.

👽🛸🍺🤓
edit on 29-5-2022 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990
While reading I was agreeing that it's probably a polar orbit satellite. I am sure there was a break because I was like "Hello! Where are you coming from" and turned my head, then a short moment later it started to move.

It didn't fade in or out, it was there and gone like the flick of a light switch. I do think that both my observations are probably mundane in explanation.

Maybe one of those huge TR3B UFO was obfuscating the view in the beginning and it's gravitational drive just disturbed the satellites position a bit in a way it would look stationary for a moment.

So I think nothing to see here

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 02:43 PM
link   
This is a good discussion. Thank you all for your comments. I've seen satellites, balloons, even the ISS one clear night. The sky certainly has many wonders. I'm a skeptical person by nature, so I'm really going out on a limb when I say I can't explain what I saw. Having been stationed on military bases, I've seen all kinds of aircraft. When we all saw the boomerang shaped objects in the night sky in Norfolk, the first things we said were that it wasn't any kind of aircraft. No aircraft on this earth moves like those things did. It was jaw dropping. The local news said later that hundreds of people called stating what they saw, so it wasn't just us.

So I may have an active imagination, but I'm both skeptical and practical. I'm happy to hear that pilots now are encouraged to report things they see that don't have an easy explanation. It didn't use to be that way. I'm still frustrated with how the government still isn't really revealing anything. That report that came out recently was very disappointing.

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 03:31 PM
link   
USN night recon, here. Also my stepfather was CO of the Navy's Executive Transportation Squadron VR1. My real father worked under Von Braun at NASA for the Apollo IX, X and XI Projects. Enough of my background.

1994:
I'm driving at the rate of 85mph from West Palm Beach to New Smyrna Beach, FL at 0318 hours est on I95 North in a 1981 BMW 318i. Looking through the sunroof I notice a particularly bright full moon. In the next instance the moon moves across the sky to the NW and out of nowhere a bird-like creature with a wingspan that traversed both lanes (4 total, North and South) instantly approaches me and slams the roof of the car. In the split second it hit, I notice the time on the radio at 0318 hrs. I blinked and the time changed to 0326 hrs... instantly. The moon was back in it's original position and I was in exact same location on the highway, approximately due West of Cape Canaveral.

Fast forward to 2012: I suffer what feels like a small stroke and have to drive myself to Palm Beach Gardens Medical Center Emergency Room. They take me in immediately and perform CAT and MRI scans. The doctor was confused of the results and called in the Head Neuroligist. The Neurologist informs me that my brain is firing in places never before recorded. He then says he is amazed and that I should take up a vocation helping people. A shame I haven't had the chance, to date but who knows, maybe subconsciously I have over the years.

As a child i have always been able to sense people around me from a type of ringing change in the silence. A type of sonic sonar, if you will. Flash back to 1969, my Uncle, a former USAF cartologist is working as a Park Ranger in Ocala, FL and I am visiting him alone for the weekend. We go out about midnight for a grounds check with a .22 and flashlight. I tell my uncle that there is someone following us inside the palmettos. He said very seriously: "Yes, that is the boogey man", and that sometimes he looks out for people in a benevolent way. No joke, he was dead serious. He also said to pretend I didnt know he was there or he would get mad. My uncle was also best friends with my father until they had a falling out shortly after I was born (never said why and wouldn't answer when I asked why?) and never spoke again. I didn't meet my father until I was 20 years old. When I met my father, I discovered he was a 33rd level Mason of the Merritt Island lodge at the time of the incident.

I have dreams that come true and an innate ability to sense good and evil in people before they even open their mouth or do something to prove it. When it concerns situations, I know in advance the outcome. My brain just does it for me with no conscious thought involved.
If only my brain could see the winning lottery numbers....

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mantiss2021

I have never seen anything that could be called a UFO/UAP.

Despite wanting to. Despite having worked on a "grey" project for the USAF as a civilian contractor. Despite having spent many a dark night deep in the high desert of Nevada.

Nada. Zip. Buppkis.

I feel cheated!

Aw, they are just shy and you were coming on too strong for them.

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 05:33 PM
link   
If we add up the UAPs, Bigfoot, other paranormal phenomena then we can arrive at a possible logical explanation. Earth is home to other forms of life we have yet to recognize. We can see and record their physical phenomena but not yet understand what they are and how they can exist. This will change as our tech grows and we will reach an understanding of them and perhaps a level of communication.

posted on May, 30 2022 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I made a thread for this some time ago, but instead of diverting traffic there I’ll cut’s paste it here..

It was the early 90s (i think it was 1990, but could've been 91/92), on the banks of the river Thames, around 20 miles SW of central London.

I was laying on the river bank late into the evening looking up at the clear night sky, when a bright dot of light - no different to the stars around it - whipped quickly across a smallish portion of the sky. I thought it a shooting star, but then another whipped across the same part of the sky at a different angle. It stopped abruptly and i watched it, realising that it must be the same object.

It moved again - no acceleration, just zero to max in an instant. This time it didn't stop, but changed direction - less than 90 degrees - without slowing down. It continued to pinball around this portion of the sky, which from my perspective was around a metre-square.

It occurred to me that this might be an optical illusion! Could it perhaps be a firefly at low altitude, which simply appears to be higher?

To test this i moved - i ran to change my position as much as possible - about 50 metres. If it was low altitude i'd see the distance between the object and the stars behind it shift. They didn't shift - not in the slightest. Surely that meant the object was high altitude. How high - cruising altitude, orbit, cosmic - no idea. But either way it meant this object was covering great distances at a speed far in excess of anything we know is humanly possible. What's more the extreme acceleration and changes in direction - sometimes almost back the way it'd just come - would cause Gs beyond our capacity to endure.

That means that either it used something like the theorised zero-point energy tech, or its occupants were non-humans that can endure such Gs. In hindsight another, less romantic explanation could be that it was an advanced drone; in the early 90s drone tech was pretty much restricted to lonely guys with remote control aeroplanes (no offence).

I hadn't been drinking and didn't do drugs. Plus i had witnesses; I don't fish, but had gone on this fishing trip with 3 friends just to escape the inner-city council estate and enjoy a hot summer night under the stars in a sleeping bag. Soon after i'd seen this object I'd told them to look up - to see if they could see it too. After their initial BS they went quiet, then got flustered because it was indeed so inexplicable. Ultimately i confess i was jumping up and down, waving my arms and shouting up to it to come get us. At this point my friends told me to shut up, as they were clearly disturbed by what we were witnessing.

Finally the object went - whipped off so fast that it simply disappeared from sight, as opposed to crossing the horizon. This whole thing had lasted maybe 3 minutes from the moment i first noticed it.

Was it alien, or human of course i couldn't say. What i can say is that it was real and if it wasn't alien, then there's a great deal that's been going on behind the scenes for some time that ticks a lot of conspiracy boxes.

I've always had a fascination with this stuff since childhood, so if i hadn't had fellow witnesses i may after all this time be second guessing potential bias in these distant memories. But it wasn't just me and the other witnesses had no interest in this kind of stuff, no reason for bias and didn't particularly enjoy the experience (not as much as i did). Nor had they partaken of any intoxicating substance of any kind, unless you count fresh air, which was indeed novel to us.

I've googled but found nothing that might relate to this sighting (though it's difficult be certain now i've forgotten the exact date of the sighting and lost touch with the other witnesses). But if anyone here who's not as google-challenged as me digs anything up from this general time and place i'd be fascinated to hear.

……….

I had another strange experience around February/March 1998, but it's only indirectly a ufo encounter, as it revolves around lost time...

I was backpacking on my own and had somehow made my random way to the Cameron Highlands in Malasia. On the tip of a very high hill (where i come from we'd call it a mountain) i found a traveller's hostel, where i spent a wonderful week or so playing volleyball every day with other travellers.

Sleeping quarters were three long, cylindrical billets, like those used on some airbases - mini aerodromes - lined up facing the volleyball net on top of this hill.

One night, or should i say one morning i woke and everything seemed fine. Bit of a headache which made sense since each night ended with a few beers. I checked time the on my new watch and it seemed i'd slept a couple hours later than usual. Funny thing was so had everyone else in this billet.

As others awoke i checked the time with them and as i guessed it was actually two hours earlier - if anything i'd woken earlier than usual, probably thanks to the hangover. My first thought was that the market trader that'd sold me this fake Tag Heuer days earlier in Kuala Lumper had ripped me off and already the watch was malfunctioning. Oh well, that's to be expected, i guess.

However, another traveller in the billet said that his watch was wrong - that it had skipped forward 2 hours. I hadn't mentioned how much time my watch had skipped, so he wasn't bull#ting me. I looked at his watch and it read the same time as mine.

I didn't know this guy, but he told me it wasn't a fake - it was his longtime trusted timepiece.

So, why did only our two watches read the same time - 2 hours later than everyone else.

I'll never know and it may be just a weird coincidence. But the question i dwell on is did our watches skip forward? Or did the two of us somehow experience 2 hours that the others didn't?

Of course, being interested in this stuff anyway, i can't help wondering if we were abducted that night for two hours and then spat back out into our bunks, memories wiped. Of course saying that out loud it sounds bonkers and from the lips of an ATS member more than a little bias towards giving a weird incident an explanation that's perhaps wish fulfilment...

But there it is. I'm in no way saying i was abducted. I'm just saying that this was damned weird, that it's beyond coincidence and that any explanation that accounts for two strangers experiencing the same inexplicable lost time is valid for consideration.

edit on 30-5-2022 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2022 @ 04:06 AM
link   

I was active duty Navy in the 1980's with a Top Secret security clearance. I saw a few things that I never said a word about at the time, because I feared losing my security clearance, and hence my job.

Interesting. How would you know whether something was potentially from a foreign adversary or not? Surely not reporting something you could not identify is dereliction of duty?

And you also wrote this in 2012

I joined this site and am delighted to read all the wonderful subjects on here. There is something nagging at me. I never saw a UFO. I wonder if I did see one and saw actual aliens from another planet/dimension/timeline if I'd be absolutely terrified.

Link

So in 2012 you'd never seen a UFO but in the 1980s you'd seen things you never said a word about.

Hmmmm...

posted on May, 30 2022 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Elvicious1

Bernard?

posted on May, 30 2022 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: McGinty

I remember that last story, I probably posted in the other thread. The reactions in the first one made me smile... Fight, flight or freeze!

Their used to be some great resources for UFO reports years ago, I'm really struggling to find them, from what I remember the early 90's had hundreds of reports to the MOD alone.

So far all I've found is this which seems too early?

21 April 1991: airline pilot Achille Zaghetti from Grosseto, Tuscany, in an Alitalia McDonnell Douglas MD-80 on a flight from Milan to Heathrow saw a three-metre-long khaki-coloured object over Lydd in Kent at 22,000 ft about 300m away. It was seen on radar

Wiki link

That diamond craft sighting that was chased by a Harrier? Was August 4th 1990 but that was Perth Scotland. I think a picture existed of that?

Anyone know of any websites with extensive reports? Their used to be a few of them including one with all the declassified MOD reports.

posted on May, 30 2022 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Gerald Charles Oatman II
Born November 30, 1964.
USN veteran.

Answer your query?
If not pm me your phone number and I'll dispel any thoughts personally.
I feel very strongly about my veracity.
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

top topics

<<   2 >>

join