It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

24h hour race 2022 - Green hell

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Famous 24h race going on currently, in case some of you missed it.

Here's the official live stream. It should deserve a huge thread because it's 50 years this year, just got no time currently as I work and watch soccer :-P

English

German

edit on 28.5.2022 by TDDAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

I wish I could have an openion on this.

Can you provide a link that is not restricted for other countries than yours?

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge
The English version should be, let me switch WAN connection and check...

Oh damn they are really blocking that. What sense does it make to do an GB/English stream and then block it for everyone? Stupid German regulations. I will see if I can find a different stream for you.

In a nutshell, the 24h race is an endurance race. 3-4 drivers share a car that either belongs to a manufacturer team or build their own. It's 24h nonstop racing, throughout the night.

The track, Nürburgring or also called the "Green Hell" is the most demanding permanent race track on the world. It destroys material and humans both the same. I myself have driven there, although only 4h endurance races and track days but let me tell you, it's brutal.

One anecdotal story is that in the last half to quarter hour to the end of a 4h race, my left foot went numb. I could not use the clutch anymore, had no feels. So during driving and fighting, I grabbed my left motionless leg and tucked it in the roll cage so it won't fly around limb in the foot department. Because it would get under the breaking pedal, no good.

You get out, and she sweat is running down your suit and out of the shoes. Now imagine this but afterwards you go to sleep, while your driver colleagues still hit the track. You get up a few hours later, shower again, race suit and off you go for the second run. Until 24h are done.

Just reaching the finish line is a big achievement. 24h almost full load on the engine.

If you hunt a normal car over that track for ten rounds repeatedly and going curbs, you can throw away the chassis.
edit on 28.5.2022 by TDDAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

I am sorry, seems the only international streams are from qualifying, it might only be available tomorrow.

That's a shame and kind of makes me angry.

Stupid internet blocking filters.

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I was able to get the stream using Private Internet access (pia) VPN with the server set to Berlin Maybe someone could suggest a free VPN service for Beyondknowledge.

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: whiteboyrick
I already checked the one I use. But they only provide free VPN servers for the country you register from.

So for me, German servers, but if someone else registers, like USA, it would be their local US VPN servers.

Here is a collection site aimed at non-Germans, showing them how to unlock German content via VPN:

bestsmartdnstoday.com...

I tried the link Grenade gave me for soccer but they don't have the 24h stream anywhere.

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Works fine in the UK.

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

What a fight between the AUDI and Mercedes. Porsche not able to compete at all this year, sadly. Deep down I root for them but the true underdog here is the Romanian car manufacturer DACIA with it's model DACIA Logan, called the "Loginator" lol.

Already an underdog in terms of what you get for the money and how durable they are, just proven again by competing on this track.

I would post tons of links to LIVE onboard footage but I was smart enough to try it first, it's the same problem. Not working outside UK and Germany.

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 08:17 AM
link   

I got your English stream to work. May be country specific.

Thanks, I'll keep this on on one screen and the Monaco GP on another.

BTW, I love watching racing at Nurburgring, it is such a technical track.

posted on May, 30 2022 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I was hoping Micha Charoudin would be driving but I heard he was having surgery.

The Dacia is like a legend right now. It's a piece of racing history.

posted on May, 30 2022 @ 03:02 PM
link   

*Misha

posted on May, 30 2022 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

I watched Misha's channel from time to time but I think I have to catch up on the last 10 months or so. He can drive and he knows the track, that's for sure, seems to be a decent guy.

These Dacias are very good cars, for that price it's unbeatable quality/price balance. They do have their little problems though, one being the seats getting soft and wobbly relative fast and the other is the levers on the steering.

Drove one for a few months, sub 100 hp, forget the shift lights though, I could save more gas ignoring them.

posted on May, 30 2022 @ 05:25 PM
link   

On the English stream this morning, everyone was raving about the Dacia. It was pretty funny.

posted on Jun, 9 2022 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I just created this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

You might be interested

edit on 9-6-2022 by Sander1976 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join