It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The former president of Russia about foreign agents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Hello ATS!

Deputy Chairman of the Security Council of Russia, Chairman of the United Russia party, former President of the Russian Federation and former head of the Government of the Russian Federation Dmitry Medvedev is getting tougher towards the West every day. As one of the most liberal presidents, according to unofficial public opinion, the head of the liberal and Hasidic "Kremlin towers", Medvedev, an ethnic Jew, is becoming one of the brightest "hawks" in Russia.

On May 28, in his popular official Telegram channel, he urged to stop "talking" with foreign agents, that is, persons working in the interests of foreign states - enemies of Russia.

“You always don’t want to think badly about people or organizations that seem to be engaged in good deeds. But let’s take a sensible look at the activities of the so-called foreign agents.

To begin with, let's imagine that a Russian structure or a Russian citizen created a non-governmental organization in the United States and began to hit one point hard. Raise topics that are extremely resonant and escalate social tension. For example, an NGO that deals with cases of illegal use of weapons by the police against non-whites in the United States or school shootings. In fact, aimed at inciting social discord, undermining the foundations of American society, insulting citizens. How long would such a structure, organized by Russian persons, live there with all the vaunted American democracy? I think she would have been slammed within a day. And if someone managed to do something there in the field of human rights, they would initiate criminal cases with terms of imprisonment for decades. They would arrest her foreign founders, who are in the States, and block her accounts. Would be persecuted all over the world.

And all this is within the framework of the Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA) - the law on the registration of foreign agents, adopted back in 1938, according to which any individuals and legal entities that directly or indirectly engage in political and financial activities in the interests of an external actor or states.

America very tightly guards its ideological, moral, economic and any other borders from foreign interference. Yes, and in other Western countries there is a practice of control over those who work at the expense of other states and protect their interests on foreign territory.

We, it turns out, are much more liberal than American legislators. And more humane in their convictions. Even by adopting the law on foreign agents, in essence, they did little to hinder the activities of various malicious NGOs in Russia.

Even now our law does not consider foreign agents to be criminals. We generally have a very neat legislation. In the United States and some European countries, in some cases, such an organization immediately falls under the ban. We don’t have this: it’s just that markings appear on her page or in mentions of her.

But if, for example, a publication receives money from abroad and expresses the interests of another country, our citizens, in fairness, should know about it. And then think for yourself how much you can trust such a source or assistant.

Admittedly, the control over foreign agents was rather formal. And now is the time to clean up. If they are engaged in activities directed against the country in such a difficult period, and receive money from our enemies for this, the response must be quick and tough. Stop talking nonsense, especially during the period of a special military operation and unlimited anti-Russian sanctions.

And at the legislative level, a more precise classification and stricter liability of foreign agents should be introduced.

A bill has already been submitted to the State Duma that will allow this to be done.

The activities of foreign agents must be placed under strict control and become transparent to our society.

There are also a number of legislative initiatives aimed at countering extremism and terrorism. They are just being considered. Here, too, there should be an immediate reaction. Once the court makes the necessary decision, the answer must be tough. Including the prohibition of public activities and criminal prosecution of persons working in the interests of a foreign state."

Does it seem to me that the West is losing its last allies inside Russia? Moreover, he does it with his own hands. Freaks and outcasts who left Russia with the start of a special operation in Ukraine can only master Western grants and budgets. But the West is counting on them, and this causes Homeric laughter in Russia.

Even if Medvedev became a "hawk" in relation to the West, then I can state the complete failure of the Western policy of influence within Russia.

Thank you.

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

Wasn't it Medvedev that was caught on hot mic being told by Obama: "Tell Vladimir, after my election I'll have more flexibility"?

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Russians in reality do not pay attention to such trifles. The value of the words of Western politicians is well known in Russia. She tends to zero.

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Calling Dmitry Medvedev a "former President" is a bit of a stretch don't you think?

Political tool of convenience or perhaps puppet President would be nearer the mark , no ?

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Calling Dmitry Medvedev a "former President" is a bit of a stretch don't you think?

Political tool of convenience or perhaps puppet President would be nearer the mark , no ?

No need to transpose your problems to Russians.

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Here is how it work's, even if he did NOT agree with the war he would not say that because he is a Russian first, what has his ethnic minority group got to do with anything he is a Russian simple as that.

There are Ukrainians that love Russians but now will fight them to the death because the UKRAINE is there homeland.

If you can't see this war is wrong then you need new eye glasses.

And you only focus on PRO Russian propaganda, Understandable since you ARE a Russian (I think - I mean you might be North Korean or something haha), would any of us do otherwise if it was our country.

But you know there are a great many people in Russia that do not like this war, growing more every day as well and mothers that have had to get there CONSCRIPT kid's back after they were sent into the Ukraine (A tactical and idiotic move that has harmed Russia's war effort from the start as any military planner would have opted for trained professional soldiers and only used conscript's as a last resort or to manage supply lines).

There have also been claims from Russian POW's that there commanders were KILLING there own fallen boy's if they were too wounded to walk, I suspect these were professional soldiers shooting conscript's but what do I know, either way this IS going to come back to bite Russia very hard on it's arse, a generation maybe two or maybe even less than a decade and a FULL Regime change will occur in Russia no western influence required and it may be bloody, those kid's, there family's want revenge now though it may be whispers at first expect revenge within Russia from Russians for what has been done to there kid's by morons in charge.

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Your "Russians" who are unhappy with the "war in Ukraine" are mainly located in Britain, Israel, Poland, the Czech Republic and the Baltic states. You pay them money, they are unhappy with Russia's special operation in Ukraine. Everything is very simple)))

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll

Your "Russians" who are unhappy with the "war in Ukraine" are mainly located in Britain, Israel, Poland, the Czech Republic and the Baltic states. You pay them money, they are unhappy with Russia's special operation in Ukraine. Everything is very simple)))

I would assume there are a ton of Russian parents that are not very happy since their children are dead. And for what?

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

I would assume there are a ton of Russian parents that are not very happy since their children are dead. And for what?

I expect you to link to "tons of parents" with specific names.
Hope it's not blah blah blah!

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 11:13 AM
link   

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Russians in reality do not pay attention to such trifles.

In the case of Obama saying to Medvedev: "Tell Vladimir, after my election I'll have more flexibility"...
we, in this country, tend to sit up and take notice when our leader is caught secretly making promises to belligerent foreign leaders.

edit on 28-5-2022 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

In the case of Obama saying to Medvedev: "Tell Vladimir, after my election I'll have more flexibility"...
we, in this country, tend to sit up and take notice when our leader is caught secretly making promises to belligerent foreign leaders.

Caught? Present the prisoner)))
Putin is absolutely indifferent to what they think of him somewhere across the ocean. It works only in the interests of the citizens of Russia. It is you who are building some fantasies, in Russia everything is much simpler. Who is our friend is a friend forever, my friends and I stand back to back. Well, if the enemy is, then sooner or later the Russians will come and ask for all the meanness.

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Who is our friend is a friend forever, my friends and I stand back to back. Well, if the enemy is, then sooner or later the Russians will come and ask for all the meanness.

It is now known that the powerful Russian oligarch and ex-mayor of Moscow's wife, Elena Baturina, gave the Biden family millions of dollars in a wire transfer.

One: Are Russian citizens aware of this?
and...
Two: Did Putin once consider the Biden family among those 'friends' of which you speak?

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 12:14 PM
link   
It's clear that Biden still considers the generous Elena Baturina a friend forever...as she was specifically excluded from punitive sanctions by the Biden administration.

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 12:15 PM
link   

They have long been citizens of Austria and Britain. Their influence in Russia is zero. Well, for the money they stole from the people and hid in the "democratic" West, the Russians will come, no doubt. As Bismarck said, Russians always come for their money))))

Biden, according to the Russians, is a talking head. It's not about him, it's about his hosts. Putin once said about them, "people with black suitcases", that in the event of a nuclear war, they would be the first and priority target.

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 01:44 PM
link   

It's clear that Biden still considers the generous Elena Baturina a friend forever...as she was specifically excluded from punitive sanctions by the Biden administration.

I had not heard this; all I can do is shake my head and hang it in sorrow. Both parties seem to be ok with all the known, factual evidence of how corrupt the Biden family is, and his treasonous acts, yet allowed four years of with hunts- costing taxpayers millions- on charges they knew were made up.

All my life I've heard about the horrible corruption in foreign governments; is the US vying for the number one spot on that list now?

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 04:16 PM
link   
The actions of the west seem to be driving the Russian people together more than they are driving them apart. In fact the actions of the west might be tightening relations betweenf all of their adversaries. This very well could lead to an ugly world war. We need better people running our propaganda campaign, the ones we have are failing, and the US media is making everything worse in their attempts to persuade Russians to revolt.

What happened to the smart people in the world, the wests actions are hurting the people of the west and USA more than they are hurting the Russians.

I am glad they lost McDs and other junk food companies in Russia, it is better for their people's health.

top topics

join