It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New Official InsertYourNameHere's Razor Thread.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Haven't you always wanted to name something after yourself ?

Why not do it, everywhere and anywhere ?

They name parks, schools, bridges and highways after Psychopathic Pedophiles, so why not claim a little piece of sumptin for your fine self ?

Here's your chance.

Inviting all members, yes : even the ones that don't like me !

Cut-loose !

Make-up anything you want !!

It's imagination free-play time, so don't hold-back !

Most of you have heard of Occam's Razor :

" This philosophical razor advocates that when presented with competing hypotheses about the same prediction, one should select the solution with the fewest assumptions possible. "

Also some may have heard of : Hanlon's Razor:

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

[[ Stole this explanation from good member Jinmi, ( PS : please don't tell them. ) ]]

It doesn't have to be philosophical, or logical, or anything else : because it's yours, and dat's dat !

You can offer multiple answers, or whatever you want.
( Am just preparing the terrain for me to come-up with more dumb ideas later. )

So : Crazy ole Nothin will now model this for you ...

So without further ado : Here goes Nothin !

Introducing : Nothin's-Razor-1 !

" Neither you, nor me, nor anyone, nor anything has all of the answers. Beware of Salesmen™. "

Nothin's-Razor-2 !

" Never mistake belief and opinion, that is masquerading as 'scientific fact' . "
" Never mistake Scientism™, for science. "

Nothin's-Razor-3 !

" Never assume that anything that could be usurped and controlled : hasn't yet been usurped and controlled. "

Nothin's-Razor-4 !

" Never attempt to play basketball, in rain-boots. "

Your turn !

Wise or silly, all is fine here.

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

[[ Stole this explanation from good member Jinmi, ( PS : please don't tell them. ) ]]

How dare you steal something that I rightfully stole!!!

Kind of like these:

“When the son of the deposed king of Nigeria emails you directly, asking for help, you help! His father ran the freaking country! Ok?”

They’re trying to make me an escape goat.

and of course

Whenever I'm about to do something, I think, "Would an idiot do that?" And if they would, I do not do that thing.

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Don't eat yellow snow?

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Don't eat yellow snow?

What is yellow snow? I have never seen snow.

Is it after someone pees on it?

P

(post by pheonix358 removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Not trying to steal anyone's thunder... JUST A REMINDER..
All Terms and Conditions apply.. keep it family safe please.

Johnny

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

LoL !

It's so apropos that you are the first reply in the thread !

Thanks for your razor !

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Don't eat yellow snow?

Especially if we can see who is doing the yellowing !!

It ain't just the huskies...

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 12:59 AM
link   
DONT MESS WITH MIM‘S STREET TALK

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Ive always thought that it would be great to invent a surname. Its too late for me now, well unless i have a child and be married. Which ain't gonna happen. Marriage that is, ugh.

But yeah a surname. In a couple hundred years there'd be thousands of ---------- all over the World.
Change your name by deed poll, go get married, have son. Son go reproduce.

I never put much thought into a surname but its something i would like to name.

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I hereby and rightfully claim the rights to apply the term

TDDA-effect

by the means of

A silence-breaking statement which leads to further embarrassingly prolonged silence, fueled by the initially innocent-looking statement, which is intended to trigger deeper insights in the listener by disturbing their established worldview.

Example:
A person makes a statement about pigs, you wait exactly 45 seconds to say: "Did you know that pigs do have prolonged *sorry children* that take up to 30 minutes? So next time you're in a mud pit, wallowing in the dirt, remind yourself of that and be suspicious about the guy that is euphoric through out.

It might be a pig in human clothes.

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 01:51 PM
link   

How about chr0naut's razor: "There is nothing to prevent people from posting fiction on social media".

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyAnonymous

Johnny's-Razor :

" Never mess with the T's & C's, when Johnny is on duty ! "

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Good one Mim !

You have nailed some predictions, since you started your Street-Talk series.

" When someone has been right on previous predictions : never assume they are wrong on any new prediction. "

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

Hey SK : that's something you can practice, just for fun.

Call a resto for pick-up, and say it's for Mr. Fancydancydiddleypantz.

Then when you waiting in the waiting room, and they call-out your new name : folks will be surely be impressed... LoL !!

Went to one of those go-cart circuits with a bunch of friends. They all signed-in before me, and gave their real names.
After the first race, we were all looking at our times, and comparing them, when they noticed my name was not on the list, but somehow Jacques Villeneuve had been racing with them... LoL !!

Do you have any logical, or rationality tools, that you use like a razor to assess new info and statements ?

Like :
" Never believe that one whom claims authority over you ; actually does have any authority over you. "

Or a general life statement, like :
" Never use your real name : when a fake name will do. "

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

Ahh : the TDDA-effect !!

Maybe that's one of the contributing factors to the saying : " Happy as a pig in ... mud. " ?

Does that view apply to the ATS Mud-Pit ?

How about TDDA's Razor :
" Never trust a poster that takes too much joy from arguing with others. " ?

( Sorry. Don't mean to be putting words in your mouth. )

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

How about chr0naut's razor: "There is nothing to prevent people from posting fiction on social media".

Hey Chr0, thanks for stopping-by.

Agreed. Good one !

And not only that, but Nothin will also do the opposite of preventing it, and contribute to it !! LoL !!

What are your favorite tools, for deciphering what is fiction, and what isn't ?

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

originally posted by: chr0naut

Hey Chr0, thanks for stopping-by.

Agreed. Good one !

And not only that, but Nothin will also do the opposite of preventing it, and contribute to it !! LoL !!

What are your favorite tools, for deciphering what is fiction, and what isn't ?

I generally assume that stuff on social media is all bunkum until I have skeptically evaluated their claims. Cynical, I know, but from there on, it is fairly trivial to investigate claims from more reputable sources, especially those with no agenda, or motive, that might make them likely to peddle falsehoods.

And, generally, if an online poster is a flag-waving, right-wing, Bible-belt conspiracist, sure that everything is due to the evil acts of "devil & minions" (not the cute little yellow animated characters). then I am somewhat doubtful of the validity of their opinions.

I think that it is reasonable to treat any information source with skepticism, though, but nearly all sources are more creditable than anonymous postings.

posted on May, 30 2022 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Well i have a little saying the older i get the more i use.

"keep doing what you're doing and you'll keep getting what you're getting"

And a more obvious one that everyone should use, its under my name on my avatar..

posted on May, 30 2022 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

Agree with the wash//rinse//repeat corollary, but am very much liking the saying from your avatar :

" Question the answers. "

So much potential depth, and meaning in those three words !

We will often see " Official-Answers™ " posted on this site, or anywhere on the Interwwwebs®™, where someone has asked a question, and some other user rushes-in and posts the " Official™ " answer, and is 100% sure that they are doing the right thing.

When one resists that simple, but " Official™ " answer : the one that provided the answer often gets indignant, and irritated with the ones not seeking the " Official™ " answer.

Because we will wonder about the source of that answer, where those that have accepted it : will not question it.

Love it !!

It is relevant to another thread ongoing now, where a good member is analyzing underlying causes and factors, leading to the current state of mental-health crises, school-shootings, and health-problems.
ATS : Mental illness, chronic disease, and school shooters - the cause, and the solution

It reveals how even many ATS'ers still cling to the " Official-Explanations™ ", that are so generously offered to us by the MSM™ and Big-Government™, and are uninterested in looking at who is behind those answers, and investigate if they hold-water, or or as leaky as a leaky boat.

Have an idea for a whole thread on ' Those who decide what the correct answers are '.

top topics

join